Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:37 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They sure as hell do have the right. They can complain about it if they didn't vote to hand that power over and also try and take that power back like Paul is trying to do. You call it BS. Why? Someone dare challenge dear leader?

Congress can allocate as many dollars as they like for any purpose during budget consideration. They can mandate that some be spent here, and some be spent there if they so choose. Or, as the typically do, they can allocate dollars and leave it up to the discretion of the Executive branch to spend that money on whatever they like, within parameters set by the budget resolution.

This is Government 101 stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What time line? I dont care which president or party does the waste. I care that it is wasted.
They had the nearly Billion dollars three months in their pockets before the Israeli attack on Gaza. Unlike Israel there are no strings attached to the money the PA gets. And then after the war they got another $10 Million to play with.

http://palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=157&doc_id=5001

Old 09-22-2012, 03:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Congress can allocate as many dollars as they like for any purpose during budget consideration. They can mandate that some be spent here, and some be spent there if they so choose. Or, as the typically do, they can allocate dollars and leave it up to the discretion of the Executive branch to spend that money on whatever they like, within parameters set by the budget resolution.

This is Government 101 stuff.
No sheet. That is exactly what Paul is saying he wants to NOT leave it up to the discretion of the executive branch like they did.

If it's government 101 stuff why were you screaming BS earlier? Once again your making no sense.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
No sheet. That is exactly what Paul is saying he wants to NOT leave it up to the discretion of the executive branch like they did.

If it's government 101 stuff why were you screaming BS earlier? Once again your making no sense.
Rand Paul had his opportunity to convince his fellow Senators when the budget process was going forward. That he failed to do so is testament to his lack of persuasion. That he now criticizes the Executive Branch for a failure HE could have prevented were he a good enough Senator is a testament to his status as up and coming party hack.

I said BS to YOUR statement that the Executive branch controls the purse strings. It does not. If it has any discretion over how money is spent, it's only because the ultimate purse string holders in Congress gave them the right.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:11 PM

So your saying Rand failed in his effore because most of the senate are lapdogs. How could HE have prevented it? He's one senator out of a hundred. I guess he should go buy folks off like Obama did to get his healthcare bill passed.

Again your making absolutely no sense. That is exactly Paul's argument that congress needs to take that right back. Did you even watch the video of his speech in congress I put up? He pretty much spells it all out.

I'll ask you a simple question are you for funding these countries with taxpayer dollars that aren't protecting our embassies. Specifically the countries spelled out in that bill. A yes or no will suffice.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
So your saying Rand failed in his effore because most of the senate are lapdogs. How could HE have prevented it? He's one senator out of a hundred. I guess he should go buy folks off like Obama did to get his healthcare bill passed.

Again your making absolutely no sense. That is exactly Paul's argument that congress needs to take that right back. Did you even watch the video of his speech in congress I put up? He pretty much spells it all out.

I'll ask you a simple question are you for funding these countries with taxpayer dollars that aren't protecting our embassies. Specifically the countries spelled out in that bill. A yes or no will suffice.

Yes.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:13 PM

That says it all.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
We have tried buying our friends and as history over and over shows, that never works out well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies