Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Could you forgive a pedophile?
Yes 75 24.04%
No 237 75.96%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,194,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I do understand, there are people who are sexually attracted to animals which is even weirder, I guess sexuality is a complex thing. Of course, it goes without saying that when it involves another person it's something else. I actually think the 'legal age' being around 15 or so is a good thing, as a 13-14 year old isn't generally as fully mature.

As for those who would rather not change this desire they have but wouldn't 'take the pill', it seems like they're somehow proud of it, like it's almost a badge of honour. Even if they didn't think their desires were wrong (whether the thoughts in themselves are 'immoral' is a philosophical debate) they probably wouldn't CHOOSE to be frustrated would they?

I think the pedophile paranoia can actually even start fetishizing children, dare I say. For instance there was recently a thread about a TV show covering up the private parts of infants. Some argued this sexualized them. Maybe not so clear cut (maybe it's really just modesty), but to give an example the breast fetish probably developed when women started covering their breasts up. In the old days I think people just didn't even connect children and sex as much, but now we're conscious/paranoid about it. You even have some fathers afraid to bathe their own children, I mean what's the world getting to?
That's interesting, I don't know if covering them leads to sexualizing, it certainly draws attention to it, personally I find that blurring infants is ridiculous in most cases, maybe in a reality show where you know who the child is, and it would lead to embarrassment in their future. If you have a parent afraid to bathe their own child, things have gone way overboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 01:28 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
What does forgiveness intail?

We don't know what causes pedophilia nor do we know what to do to fix it. ..

we don't even know how many people out there have these urges, yet don't act on them

If something happens to your child/daughter/son than sure, you can forgive them. That is up to you, and your grace.

society on the other hand.. .doesn't know what to do with it. Of course, according to studies Meghan's Law has no real impact. . .so marking them on Google Maps isn't useful

For all crimes like this: pediophilia, murder, rape, etc

In a perfect world, I think Castration should be the standard punishment. Of course, that Castration should not just be the offender but any first generation family members (i.e. brothers, sons, fathers). The reasoning is pretty simple - evolution awards rape/etc. . .so lets use science to get evolution back on track.
Insane is the first word that comes to mind here

Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM

13 posts, read 16,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Let me think, nope haven't changed my mind, no forgiveness for a person that harms a child .
I accept that as a valid viewpoint. Note that there are lots of ways to harm a child.

What about spanking?
Beating up and causing bruises or broken bones?
Telling them over and over they are worthless scum?
Being a drunk driver who runs one down?

Old 09-27-2012, 02:12 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,341,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards View Post
I accept that as a valid viewpoint. Note that there are lots of ways to harm a child.

What about spanking?
No excuse for abusing a child, no forgiveness from me.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:23 PM

5,658 posts, read 5,083,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
So...Gary Blanton who was gunned down by Patrick Drum because Drum found him on the registry, for something he did 20 years ago, deserved it?
Well, I'm sure not losing any sleep over it. 20 years or 20 minutes... what's the difference?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:31 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,194,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Well, I'm sure not losing any sleep over it. 20 years or 20 minutes... what's the difference?
Did you read his "crime"? He was a 17 year old who had CONSENSUAL sex with another 17 year old who happened to be deaf, so the mother freaks as some mothers do when their "babies" have sex, and accused him of "rape," since her daughter was "disabled," and supposedly couldn't give consent. I've know a number of deaf people and they would be insulted at the idea that they are too "disabled" to consent to sex, a 17 year old deaf girl can consent to sex with a boy her own age, it's not rape just because she has a disability.

Everyone should lose some sleep over this, no one deserves to die for having consensual sex because some idiot found him on a registry he never should have been on in the first place. In Texas there have been children on the registry as young as 9-10 years old, over 1000 are under 14, do they deserve to die as well simply because they were on the list, if people start murdering them should that affect anyone's sleep?

Last edited by detshen; 09-27-2012 at 06:14 PM..

Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,013,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards View Post

What about spanking?
I agree, every parent has harmed their children at least once, even intentionally.

Speaking of a sexual assault ruining a child's life. A parent emotionally abusing their child all the time does the same thing.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,013,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Did you read his "crime"? He was a 17 year old who had CONSENSUAL sex with another 17 year old who happened to be deaf, so the mother freaks as some mothers do when their "babies" have sex, and accused him of "rape," since her daughter was "disabled," and supposedly couldn't give consent. I've know a number of deaf people and they would be insulted at the idea that they are too "disabled" to consent to sex, a 17 year old deaf girl can consent to sex with a boy her own age, it's not rape just because she has a disability.

Everyone should lose some sleep over this, no one deserves to die for having consensual sex because some idiot found him on a registry he never should have been on in the first place. In Texas there have been children on the registry for sexual type play with other children, do they deserve to die as well simply because they were on the list, if people start murdering them should that affect anyone's sleep?
I agree. The guy is a murderer, no different to any other, and deserves the full penalty for it. The whole sexual offender registry thing is out of control. America seems to be a society still stuck in the witch huntin' days, or the Wild West.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,076,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I'll notice you didn't bother to quote the other part of my post..possibly didn't bother to READ it either. So, i'll put it up again

"Oh, and what did he do? he was 17 and had sex with a 17 yr old girl from his high-school. Momma found out, and pressed charges, claiming he raped a disabled child. She WAS 17! and deaf...not exactly the "disability" most people would assume...and it was consenual
Not every person who is labeled a 'sex offender" raped or hurt another"

Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,076,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
did you read his "crime"? He was a 17 year old who had consensual sex with another 17 year old who happened to be deaf, so the mother freaks as some mothers do when their "babies" have sex, and accused him of "rape," since her daughter was "disabled," and supposedly couldn't give consent. I've know a number of deaf people and they would be insulted at the idea that they are too "disabled" to consent to sex, a 17 year old deaf girl can consent to sex with a boy her own age, it's not rape just because she has a disability.

Everyone should lose some sleep over this, no one deserves to die for having consensual sex because some idiot found him on a registry he never should have been on in the first place. In texas there have been children on the registry as young as 9-10 years old, over 1000 are under 14, do they deserve to die as well simply because they were on the list, if people start murdering them should that affect anyone's sleep?
thank you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies