Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Could you forgive a pedophile?
Yes 75 24.04%
No 237 75.96%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:42 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Everything I have ever read says that most phychiatrists and psychologists say that pedophiles cannot be cured. So how can you forgive them?
Be clear on what you mean by cured. Are they still attracted to children? Yeah. Are they molesting them?

Psychologists will indeed say you can't cure a pedophile, since that would entail them not being pedophiles anymore. But psychologists are informed as to what a pedophile is. They don't use the common definition of pedophile, which is a child molester, because they know that's the wrong definition. And there is evidence that many (not all) pedophiles who undergo therapy or even medical treatment are capable of not acting on their impulses. Doesn't mean the urge isn't there, it means they've been equipped to deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 02:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,111 times
I have 4 sisters and 6 brothers, I was molested, raped and Sexually abused for as far back in my childhood as I can remember, my 1 sister and I took our father to court and he only received 1 year (after 4 years of court, we took a deal). He is classed as a pedifile. 2 of our (adopted) brothers were also molested, and I recently found out my real brothers had been touched also. Now many many years later my family all hate me because I have spoken my mind, (I believe in karma). See my father came down with fast and is dying of cancer with no treatments. I feel he got off easy with his jail term and has never even spoken to me as to WHY he did what he did to me. I believe it is my right not to forgive and that he will have to atone to his own soal on his demise and I also believe that I will go to my grave with my soal intact. I have said my peace with my family and if they choose to forgive him that's their choice as it is my choice not to forgive. My DAUGHTER SAID IT BEST. ... ITS A SHAME THAT ONE MAN CAN RUIN SO MANY LIVES AND CAUSE SO MUCH PAIN

Last edited by Helen43; 08-10-2016 at 02:38 AM..

Old 08-10-2016, 08:47 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Unhappy *

Oh my Helen I am so sorry you went thru that

Welcome to city-data ..... I hope you are OK now!

Old 09-02-2016, 11:14 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,092,524 times
Hell no...

Zebras don't change their stripes. There is a high probability they act on their sick impulses if they haven't been chemically altered.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:46 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Welcome to the site Peach368 ..... Thank you for sharing your story and its understandable why you dont want to trust them again!!

Im sorry you went thru that

Old 09-03-2016, 06:05 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,693 times
Nope. Never forgive. In my world, if you molest a child you would get a .38 to the skull.

Save us all the trouble and expenses related to incarceration and "rehabilitation"

Old 09-03-2016, 11:24 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
As a Christian, I'm supposed to forgive those who trespass. But, as a human being, I find that's easier said than done. Sexual predators, especially those who prey on children, I do not consider human, so, I don't have any moral obligation to forgive them. The lady I'v been in a relationship with for the last five years was victimized as a young girl, also as a young WO.an, in the workplace, and more recently, was attacked by a would be rapist. What she related to me about when she was a young girl tore my heart out. I've only known about that since we became intimate 5 years ago(we've been close friends for close to 25 gears), the workplace incident, I knew about, not long after it happened, I worked at the same place. I was and always will be, right beside her after the last incident.

So, I've had a lot of insight into how sexual predation effects a person. My view of such vermin cannot, will not change. I often wonder, as much as I love her, how different she might be if none of this had ever happened to her. Just from being so close with her, I can see the burden she carries. Hell, I can feel it myself, as I do all I can to help her with it. To have been robbed of a good part of her childhood, then of her dignity and womanhood, and then have her womanhood assaulted, her again, later in life...its a burden that nobody should have to carry, and the men who did this to her, I would happily terminate their existence. In an up close and personal fashion.

For me, it would be easier to "forgive" an assault on me, more so than it is with an assault on someone I love so much. I don't let the rage I feel for the vermin even peek through, around her. I've discussed it in one on one sessions with the counselor we see, I'll vent it in workout sessions and things like that, but I won't let her see that. That might get her back in that zone of seeing all this as somehow being her fault, and maybe thinking that I'm blaming her, or see her differently. That could never be the case, and its not about me anyway.

At any rate, I don't think that sexual predators, particularly pedophiles, deserve any forgiveness. They can ask it of God, but I'm fresh out. Even if they don't murder their victims, they still muder their souls. They defile and destroy one of the most sacred and precious things a human being has. Many victims can't make it back. Pedophiles, and sexual predators, in general, see their victims as no more than objects, to be used to fuel their twisted desires. As to forgiveness, if it exists for them, its not mine to give.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:45 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
To exclude sex offenders from redemption is to play the part of God. We cannot decide whether God’s grace has covered them or not.

This said, they have no place in the human society. Just my opinion.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:24 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
To exclude sex offenders from redemption is to play the part of God. We cannot decide whether God’s grace has covered them or not.

This said, they have no place in the human society. Just my opinion.
They're beyond any forgiveness or redemption from me. God may redeem them. But that's between them and God. I don't deign to know Gods will or mind, only my own. I do, however, trust His judgement. He knows what's in our hearts. Pedos and other sexual predators are intent on stalking and bringing down our loved ones, our children, those who can't defend themselves. Its our duty to see that doesn't happen.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:28 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
They're beyond any forgiveness or redemption from me. God may redeem them. But that's between them and God. I don't deign to know Gods will or mind, only my own. I do, however, trust His judgement. He knows what's in our hearts. Pedos and other sexual predators are intent on stalking and bringing down our loved ones, our children, those who can't defend themselves. Its our duty to see that doesn't happen.
pretty much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies