Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:11 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times

Advertisements

My grandkids keep telling me, "Papaw, you're losing your mind," and I guess they're right. I only just now caught on to what the Koch brothers/Neo-Con's have been doing with this election!

As you probably know, they've amassed a billion dollar war chest for the GOP nominee from their friends and their own resources. Yet, you may not know that most of that money is not Romney's to spend. Most of it is going to the RNC and state races, leaving Romney strapped for cash at this critical juncture of his campaign.

"Why," you say, "would they do that?"

It's so simple even I didn't see it until just now: It's not about 2012 at all! They could care less if Mitt Romney wins or not, which goes a long way toward explaining how he could be running one of worst campaigns I've ever seen and nobody from his major donors or the party have stepped in to straighten it out.

No…all that cash given to Romney or to support his campaign was to make him dependent enough upon them to force him to take their REAL candidate as his running mate. 2012 and a Romney presidency isn't their goal. 2016 and Paul Ryan in the White House is!

Ryan is their darling boy. He's worked directly for the Koch brothers before and has been mentored all along the way by the big players in the Evangelical wing of the party like Bill Bennett. He's been hand-selected to be our next President after Obama, the heir apparent to George Bush.

Note something extraordinary: Since it's now apparent that Romney has little or no chance of winning, what are the Neo-Con's and Koch brothers team players saying publicly? They're advising Mitt to put Ryan out front, to take a back seat in his own campaign! Why? Exposure for Ryan, that's why! Four years from now, Mitt Romney will be an historical footnote that nobody remembers. Paul Ryan, on the other hand, will be on the front page and in the news all the time, thanks to his position in Congress and their complaint friends over at FOX and WND. And, he'll be remembered as looking "presidential" from this campaign. This whole election is a set up, with Mitt Romney as the sacrificial goat.

Poor Mitt. No wonder he's lost his enthusiasm for running. He's been handed the bill for all those donations and he now sees that he's been had…badly.

One more thing: I wonder if this is what was behind Marco Rubio getting the prime time slot at Romney's own nomination? Is he being groomed to be Ryan's running mate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 10:42 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
My grandkids keep telling me, "Papaw, you're losing your mind," and I guess they're right. I only just now caught on to what the Koch brothers/Neo-Con's have been doing with this election!

As you probably know, they've amassed a billion dollar war chest for the GOP nominee from their friends and their own resources. Yet, you may not know that most of that money is not Romney's to spend. Most of it is going to the RNC and state races, leaving Romney strapped for cash at this critical juncture of his campaign.

"Why," you say, "would they do that?"

It's so simple even I didn't see it until just now: It's not about 2012 at all! They could care less if Mitt Romney wins or not, which goes a long way toward explaining how he could be running one of worst campaigns I've ever seen and nobody from his major donors or the party have stepped in to straighten it out.

No…all that cash given to Romney or to support his campaign was to make him dependent enough upon them to force him to take their REAL candidate as his running mate. 2012 and a Romney presidency isn't their goal. 2016 and Paul Ryan in the White House is!

Ryan is their darling boy. He's worked directly for the Koch brothers before and has been mentored all along the way by the big players in the Evangelical wing of the party like Bill Bennett. He's been hand-selected to be our next President after Obama, the heir apparent to George Bush.

Note something extraordinary: Since it's now apparent that Romney has little or no chance of winning, what are the Neo-Con's and Koch brothers team players saying publicly? They're advising Mitt to put Ryan out front, to take a back seat in his own campaign! Why? Exposure for Ryan, that's why! Four years from now, Mitt Romney will be an historical footnote that nobody remembers. Paul Ryan, on the other hand, will be on the front page and in the news all the time, thanks to his position in Congress and their complaint friends over at FOX and WND. And, he'll be remembered as looking "presidential" from this campaign. This whole election is a set up, with Mitt Romney as the sacrificial goat.

Poor Mitt. No wonder he's lost his enthusiasm for running. He's been handed the bill for all those donations and he now sees that he's been had…badly.

One more thing: I wonder if this is what was behind Marco Rubio getting the prime time slot at Romney's own nomination? Is he being groomed to be Ryan's running mate?
Interesting theory, do you have any evidence of what you say?
I question Mitt being strapped for cash, he has Wall Street supporting him, the same big corporations and banks that poured money Obama's direction in 08. They may be hedging their bets with both candidates.
I thought the Koch Brothers supported reformers like tea party candidates. I don't put Mitt or Ryan in that category, neither appear to stand for liberty, smaller gov't or the Constitution. I don't like Rubio either, so I don't have much to add other than I find your analysis thought provoking. You might be onto something, there plenty of games being played behind closed doors.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:46 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
My grandkids keep telling me, "Papaw, you're losing your mind," and I guess they're right. I only just now caught on

(rest of standard talking points and conspiracy theories deleted, why waste the bandwidth)
Changed flavors of Kool-aid, did we? That frequently has that effect.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:36 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Looks like the booze was flowing at the stillkit residence tonight.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Looks like the booze was flowing at the stillkit residence tonight.
Nah, I think his tinfoil helmet is strapped on too tight

Old 09-23-2012, 03:35 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
I like it.

Ryan's better than Romney any old day.

I especially love the way the left goofballs have switched from Halliburton to Koch.

Poor babies.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:05 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
So, the O campaign to collect their billion dollar campaign chest to keep their guy in power kinda fizzled.

And now the shoe is on the other foot. C'mon stillkit.....I've seen/read/watched better rebuttals coming from the occupy movement.

You can do better deflecting than this. I thought your 'side' was the intellectual elite.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times

Obama - GONE!!!
OR
Romney - GONE!!!
Clinton - NO CHANCE.
Republicans and Democrats - Need to make serious changes that serve the bettter good of all Americans and the country.

Best thing to happen: a strong third party emerges that has a candidate that isn't in a coma.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:46 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Interesting theory, do you have any evidence of what you say?
I question Mitt being strapped for cash, he has Wall Street supporting him, the same big corporations and banks that poured money Obama's direction in 08. They may be hedging their bets with both candidates.
I thought the Koch Brothers supported reformers like tea party candidates. I don't put Mitt or Ryan in that category, neither appear to stand for liberty, smaller gov't or the Constitution. I don't like Rubio either, so I don't have much to add other than I find your analysis thought provoking. You might be onto something, there plenty of games being played behind closed doors.
The Koch's claim to be libertarians and the Neo-Con's claim to be conservative, but those are just labels. In reality, they're all global corporatist's and the talk of schisms and divisions in the party are just window dressing. Even the term Tea Party has no meaning any more because they stole that label early on. They're all on the same page and Paul Ryan is their ticket back to power.

Sure, I may be wrong about all this, but time will tell. It's interesting, though, and maybe indicative of nothing, but the first responses from the right in this thread are ridicule. Not defense of the party or candidate, not discussion, not refutation, not rebuttal. Just attack and discredit the source.

IF I'm on the right track, wouldn't that be the expected MO?

Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Awright everybody, quit dissin' Papaw.

He's insulted.

And for the record, it was the 2nd, 3rd then the 4th response, not the first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies