Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times

Advertisements

Obama ad:
"We've created 4.5 million jobs!" No you di-ent. More like a net 300,000 jobs, but less people working today than when you took office.
"Romney wants to lower taxes for the rich and raise taxes on the middle class!" Um no, Romney will cut the middle class taxes by 20% along with everyone's taxes. Obama will raise taxes on the middle class!
"Romney wants to cut regulations on the banks. The reason we got into this mess is because there were not enough regulations on the banks." Sorry, wrong again. Too much regulation forcing the banks to make bad loans is what caused the housing crisis. There were also regulations that should have stopped the ratings agencies from rating mortgage instruments "A" when they were BBB-. Incompetent government missed the boat enforcing those regulations.
Read and learn. Your future is at stake!
CNN Fact Check: About those 4.5 million jobs ... - CNN.com
TPC Tax Topics | romney-plan
Obama Promised He Wouldn't Raise Taxes On the Middle Class. He Lied. - Forbes
‘The Financial Crisis Was the Result of Government Housing Policy’ - Reason.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 AM

811 posts, read 1,054,368 times
Can liberals think for themselves? NO

Liberals are like little children in mindset. They are ignorant on most issues, as well as the way the world works. They believe their fallacious policies can be successful, despite failed attempts time and time again.

It's shocking to see the way they view the world. It is downright insane.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
I never used to be terribly political. I consider myself to be pretty open-minded and a problem solver. But back in 2004, something happened in my school district which all of sudden, brought everything into perspective. I won't go into the specific program, but even as I started investigating it, asking questions, I couldn't understand why I was being personally attacked and accused of spreading "misinformation".

Progressives cling to elitist propaganda because emotionally, it makes them feel superior. Facts are irrelevant to Progressives. You will find that they will respond to a fact that doesn't support their agenda with Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, basically personalize and humiliate the opposition. Deflect and distract. You can see it here on CD quite blatantly. It can be frustrating, to be sure, but as Conservatives (which I now strongly identify with), we know how to bypass their "noise".

My mother is a perfect example of a life-long Liberal. Although she will be voting for Romney this year, she still loves Michelle Obama. She loves George Clooney. She thinks Mitt Romney is "cold". She seems to suffer from some sort of white-guilt and has an overabundance of pride for any successful black person. To Liberals, Republicans are "mean". It doesn't matter if their economic policies are more sensible or if their defense policies keep Americans safer. Democrats think other Democrats are "nicer" and more "modern". Years of Hollywood and the media painting the GOP as a bunch of fat, stupid, white, war-loving Neanderthals causes Dems to abandon all logic and individual thought.

1968 is long gone. Time for the grown-ups to take back the WH.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
More lumping everyone into the same boat. I do not understand why people want to do this.

There are large segments of both voting block that knows that their guy is screwing up or will screw things up by not taking enacting good policy but they simply believe the other guy will be even more of a screw up.

I am no longer going to vote for the lesser of two evils but I understand the thinking and I have done it in the past so I'm not going to demean those who still believe it is the best route to take.

OP, you will most likely swallow things you know are lies or campaign promises that will never come to pass either.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:56 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
[quote=rikoshaprl;26211351]Obama ad:
...(blather, blather)...
" The reason we got into this mess is because there were not enough regulations on the banks." Sorry, wrong again. Too much regulation forcing the banks to make bad loans is what caused the housing crisis. There were also regulations that should have stopped the ratings agencies from rating mortgage instruments "A" when they were BBB-. Incompetent government missed the boat enforcing those regulations."
...(blather, blather)...

Leave it to a conservative to get it bass-ackwards.
If there had been too much regulation, then why was the derivatives market, which treated mortgages like penny stocks, ever created? For the first 60 years of the 20th century, a home mortgage was the most secure investment a working man could have.

What happened? Starting with Reagan, every Republican President and Congress allowed the stock market and the big banks to claw their way into that treasure trove. Why? Because the regulations that kept them out of housing were carved away, a slice at a time. It took them over 20 years to do it, but that's bone-head tenacity for you. It was the lack of regulation that caused the bank collapse, period.

Don't try to make black white, riko. We all know the difference.

Most of us were born in the dark, but it wasn't that dark.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Leave it to a conservative to get it bass-ackwards.
If there had been too much regulation, then why was the derivatives market, which treated mortgages like penny stocks, ever created? For the first 60 years of the 20th century, a home mortgage was the most secure investment a working man could have.

What happened? Starting with Reagan, every Republican President and Congress allowed the stock market and the big banks to claw their way into that treasure trove. Why? Because the regulations that kept them out of housing were carved away, a slice at a time. It took them over 20 years to do it, but that's bone-head tenacity for you. It was the lack of regulation that caused the bank collapse, period.

Don't try to make black white, riko. We all know the difference.

Most of us were born in the dark, but it wasn't that dark.
Yes, he got it wrong by noting that the problem arose because of too much regulations and then you jump right into the same pile of manure by refusing the acknowledge the Dems participation.

It's been noted over and over that it was Clinton that signed off on the deregulation. It was those like Barney Frank defending more of the very policies that was driving us off the banking clift.

The reason we are still in a mess is because there are far too many like both of you that insist on placing the blame on only one party.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post

Liberals are like little children in mindset. They are ignorant on most issues, as well as the way the world works. They believe their fallacious policies can be successful, despite failed attempts time and time again.

That is SOOOOO true! The New Deal didn't help us out of the depression. Medicare didn't drastically improve the quality of life for seniors. Civil rights didn't help create opportunities for oppressed minorities.

Thanks for writing!!!

Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
How can Cons buy into Romney propaganda? Can't they think for themselves....you do realize that is how this thread reads. Liberals don't agree with you so they must not think for themselves cause they are always wrong. Only someone who thinks their own party is always right are the ones buying into their own party's propaganda.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:47 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post

Right wingers:
Gay people are icky!
No sex before marriage!
Those people are stupid, they have a different invisible man than us!
Dinosaurs and evolution are pretend, the bible says so!

Never seen a Teabagger with more maturity than a 6 yr old

Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,499 times
Morons With Signs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies