Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:53 AM

305 posts, read 553,463 times

Advertisements

BLACKFIVE: Rid the World of Those Savages

I had the privilege of attending Ty Woods' funeral this morning at the North Island Naval Air Station Chapel in Coronado. Ty and Glen Doherty are former SEALs and State Department contractors who came to the aid of the US Ambassador to Libya during the attack on the Benghazi Consulate. Ty and Glen were not assigned to the Ambassador's security detail. However, when the attack against the Consulate came, they ran toward the sound of gunfire and and defended the facility and the Ambassador for several hours against a numerically superior assault force, and went out like rock stars after planting dozens of those scumbags.

Ty's widow, Dorothy, delivered an inspiring eulogy with more grace, poise, and fervor than I have ever witnessed from the spouse of a fallen warrior. I wish I had the entire thing on tape, as it should be read by the nation on the anniversary of 9/11 next year. Here are two quotes that I will never forget.

"It is easy to write a book about being a Navy SEAL, but it is very hard to write an obituary for one."

"To all the Operators here today I give you this charge: Rid the world of those savages. I'll say it again, RID THE WORLD OF THOSE SAVAGES!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 08:13 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthevergeofanervous View Post
BLACKFIVE: Rid the World of Those Savages

I had the privilege of attending Ty Woods' funeral this morning at the North Island Naval Air Station Chapel in Coronado. Ty and Glen Doherty are former SEALs and State Department contractors who came to the aid of the US Ambassador to Libya during the attack on the Benghazi Consulate. Ty and Glen were not assigned to the Ambassador's security detail. However, when the attack against the Consulate came, they ran toward the sound of gunfire and and defended the facility and the Ambassador for several hours against a numerically superior assault force, and went out like rock stars after planting dozens of those scumbags.

Ty's widow, Dorothy, delivered an inspiring eulogy with more grace, poise, and fervor than I have ever witnessed from the spouse of a fallen warrior. I wish I had the entire thing on tape, as it should be read by the nation on the anniversary of 9/11 next year. Here are two quotes that I will never forget.

"It is easy to write a book about being a Navy SEAL, but it is very hard to write an obituary for one."

"To all the Operators here today I give you this charge: Rid the world of those savages. I'll say it again, RID THE WORLD OF THOSE SAVAGES!"

I am a conservative. However, we must be VERY CAREFUL to separate the psychotic, violent Muslims from the majority. Certainly there are rogue nations which foment anger and encourage violence (Iran, Pakistan, Syria), however, keep in mind that until Obama installed the radicals, Egypt was an ally. There are nations outside of Iran that have a chance to be civil with the rest of the world, even though they may not be democracies.

Let us react to those who are the perpetrators, not a nation in general. That being said, the head of the snake is, and always has been, Iran. The trick is how one can remove the government without killing all the innocent people in that nation.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I agree, op.
Let's rid the world of destructive, inciting, reactionary psychos.
Those who shoot first and think later.
Those who paint all people with the same brush.

Oh, wait...

Old 09-23-2012, 08:39 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am a conservative. However, we must be VERY CAREFUL to separate the psychotic, violent Muslims from the majority. Certainly there are rogue nations which foment anger and encourage violence (Iran, Pakistan, Syria), however, keep in mind that until Obama installed the radicals, Egypt was an ally. There are nations outside of Iran that have a chance to be civil with the rest of the world, even though they may not be democracies.

Let us react to those who are the perpetrators, not a nation in general. That being said, the head of the snake is, and always has been, Iran. The trick is how one can remove the government without killing all the innocent people in that nation.
Very well written. Glad to see rational people on the other side, most of you guys have gone to the deep end.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
If our government was attacked, we would react in the same way. This is not to argue what we did was wrong. That is a separate discussion but to call those who react in the same way we would as savages?

In part these same actions by us started the Revolutionary War.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:05 AM

971 posts, read 1,453,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Very well written. Glad to see rational people on the other side, most of you guys have gone to the deep end.
Wow, I never get too old to learn;

I thought as an American, there was only one side.

But I suppose that one side will .................always only be just one side.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
No, I don't think so. There is always going to be a rapid, emotional response when such events occur. To not feel outrage and the need for revenge would be odd.

However, MOST of the people in these Islamic states want the same things we do-

a roof over thier heads
to provide for their families
hope for their children
a life of peace

The problem is that a very small group of radicals in those nations can cause a tremendous amount of damage. As shown by the Libyans who burned down the militia compound, most people want the radicals the hell out of their nation, such that they do not become "collateral damage" from a physical and economic standpoint. Recognition of the danger that radicals present to the population in general is a good start; apparently Egypt does not understand that concept yet.

States who fully develop, sponser, and foment terrorism, such as Iran, are an entirely different matter. The Iranian regime has been the catalyst for terror around the world since its inception. I am sure that MOST in that nation would probably like them out of thier lives as well. Unfortunately, the citizens of Iran are in a position of danger by virtue of their government's radical stance. Equally as unfortunate was Obama's refusal to support the beginnings of an insurrection four years ago- I am sure that most of those involved have been killed.

Iran is on a collision course with the west which will eventually result in war. What we do not have at this point is a regional ally which could provide ground support and troops to show a "Muslim flag" to "liberate" a nation held hostage by psychos. The military and their assets are so closely imbedded in the nation that a strike against Iran will certainly result in thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths, thus the problem. The mullahs are hiding behind their citizens and it is difficult to root them out without "killing the garden during the weeding process".

Old 09-23-2012, 09:57 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
America over the decades has amassed a pretty hefty body count, are you saying we are more civilized?

Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Wow, I never get too old to learn;

I thought as an American, there was only one side.

But I suppose that one side will .................always only be just one side.
I'm on your side bluff! You're either with US, or you are against us. Nothing has changed since 9-11. The OP did not say anything about killing innocent muslims! Why people on here would try to defend the terrorist attacks and the terrorists is crazy. The attacks just show us that millions of people (of whom 99.9% happen to be muslims) hate America and what we stand for. Once we realize that fact then we have to decide how we want to deal with it. The libs don't even want to accept it at all. Or, they want to downplay everything. They are killing our people, and Obama and co. DO NOT CARE!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No, I don't think so. There is always going to be a rapid, emotional response when such events occur. To not feel outrage and the need for revenge would be odd.

However, MOST of the people in these Islamic states want the same things we do-

a roof over thier heads
to provide for their families
hope for their children
a life of peace

The problem is that a very small group of radicals in those nations can cause a tremendous amount of damage. As shown by the Libyans who burned down the militia compound, most people want the radicals the hell out of their nation, such that they do not become "collateral damage" from a physical and economic standpoint. Recognition of the danger that radicals present to the population in general is a good start; apparently Egypt does not understand that concept yet.

States who fully develop, sponser, and foment terrorism, such as Iran, are an entirely different matter. The Iranian regime has been the catalyst for terror around the world since its inception. I am sure that MOST in that nation would probably like them out of thier lives as well. Unfortunately, the citizens of Iran are in a position of danger by virtue of their government's radical stance. Equally as unfortunate was Obama's refusal to support the beginnings of an insurrection four years ago- I am sure that most of those involved have been killed.

Iran is on a collision course with the west which will eventually result in war. What we do not have at this point is a regional ally which could provide ground support and troops to show a "Muslim flag" to "liberate" a nation held hostage by psychos. The military and their assets are so closely imbedded in the nation that a strike against Iran will certainly result in thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths, thus the problem. The mullahs are hiding behind their citizens and it is difficult to root them out without "killing the garden during the weeding process".
I agree except... It is NOT a very small group of radicals. Anything over 1 million is NOT small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies