Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM

242 posts, read 613,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Sounds like a personal problem.
It is. Isn't that what this whole thread is about? Personal problems? Isn't each personal side someone's personal problem?

Quote:

Yes, it's called Cost Inflation, what of it?

If you don't like it it, you have three possible solutions: 1) stop consuming, or 2) increase production, or in the event Cost Inflation is caused by Cost-push Inflation, then start eliminating the government regulations that increase costs.
Nope. Not a huge consumer. In fact I cut my own hair because I can't afford to have someone do it for me. I don't use paper towels, I use cloth hand towels - yes, from the THRIFT SHOP. Have had a couple water bugs come into my place, but I will put off buying raid for one more week because I feel $5 is a little steep for me to purchase this week. Hey, not a problem.

Increase production... huh? Ok teach me instead of putting me down. What the hell are you talking about?

Start eliminating the gov regulations.... Yep. It would be nice if EVERY ONE were educated politically and economically, me included, then maybe we could all COLLABORATE (gee there's that word again) to make things better for EVERYONE. Because there's more than just gov regulations that need addressed but don't you think the only way changes can occur is through unity? What is going to change when all we do is argue about what the real problem is? You're not going to listen to my side and I'm definitely not responding to your view that people should live cramped up together like a 3rd world country.

As a human I need my own space. I need to breath. And that HAS to be a priority. You haven't met my family. Another personal problem. Yessir. And I'm the only one that's going to care about it.

Quote:
I understand that you’re going to have to learn how to do less with less.

That means I can't pay $400 for your rent. You're just going to have to go live with your mother, your father, your sister, your brother, the cat, the dog, the rat, the frog, your cousins, your nephews, the neighbor your loving or a total freaking stranger.

I don't give a damn what you do, so long as you stop soaking me for rent because you have some strange differently twisted belief that you are entitled to your very own personal private residence and that me and everyone else has to pay for it.
Quote:
Then you need to learn how to do less with less. Cancel the cable, the satellite, the broadband, the cell-phones, NetFlix, World of Warcraft, get rid of all of your cars but one, start shopping at thrift stores and second hand shops, and start sharing living accommodations.
YOU don't pay $400 for my rent. Google it. Federal budget. Of your taxes.... what percent do they take out specifically for food stamps or section 8.

Heartlessness would be saying go live with your .... the rat... the frog... etc. And your answer to all this is civil war??

Gee hon, which one of us comes from a place of the heart and which one comes from a place of hate.

I already do with less. The bare bones as a matter of fact. To the point that I've thought long and deep about what we're meant to be as humans. What are our basic needs. Shelter, food, water. I would be FINE without all the extra strappings because I don't have them anyway. I would love nothing more than the independence of knowing how to grow and store my own food, etc.

Pretty sure God provided everything for us. Food grows in the ground, shelter can be made from trees. Do ya think he intended that land be parceled off and privately owned so that only SOME of the people can live to some stupid degree of needless possessions and paid for entertainment?

I would gladly shun the almighty dollar way of life, you can have it but how can I do that when some "higher" authority says they own everything and I have live anywhere unless I compete for that one job among the other 50, and then hope that the 8/hr job I fought for will be enough to provide for my BASIC needs.

Oh. So how many relatives are living with YOU right now? I certainly can't imagine you NOT calling THEM leeches.

The one thing that no one can discuss is whether or not humans have a soul and what that soul needs to survive. All the money games, material possessions, competition... all leads to fighting for resources that we need to meet our physical needs. We can't even agree that everyone has a RIGHT to food and shelter. Food GROWS from the GROUND for a REASON. So what impact does it have when any one person can say... "all THAT land is MINE".

Instead of a focusing on the spirit inside us... all our attention is on what we need to buy just to meet basic needs. And for people who have money, the focus is on buying possessions and entertainment. Class division will keep us from uniting and making any real change in the things that need changed.

Wonder if things will ever degrade to a point where we will all once again be learning to live off the land directly. Collaboration instead of competition.

Sorry if you can't understand any one else's position but your own. I do understand where YOU are coming from. You got a machine beating inside you instead of a spirit. You don't agree with me?

Sounds like a personal problem.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 AM

242 posts, read 613,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Like I said before people...those who choose to spend their days at the liquor store or at the pool hall will always have their defenders.
Take a critical thinking class. Where did I defend alcohol use or spending days at a pool hall? If A then B then Z?

There's a lot of people here that must have had a very UN-nurturing childhood to be so hateful.

Dang. Now I just went from A and B to Z.

Done here. This is no longer a site that provokes thought, only antagonism and hate.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojow View Post
Take a critical thinking class. Where did I defend alcohol use or spending days at a pool hall? If A then B then Z?

There's a lot of people here that must have had a very UN-nurturing childhood to be so hateful.

Dang. Now I just went from A and B to Z.

Done here. This is no longer a site that provokes thought, only antagonism and hate.
When debate is too difficult then some find it easier to abandon it.

This discussion is about people who CHOOSE to be freeloaders...not those who are TRULY disadvantaged.

Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Old 10-01-2012, 02:12 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
When debate is too difficult then some find it easier to abandon it.

This discussion is about people who CHOOSE to be freeloaders...not those who are TRULY disadvantaged.

Why is that so hard for some people to understand?
This debate is supposed to be about people who CHOOSE to be freeloaders but a lot of people have piled on with hatred toward anyone who has less than they do and needs some help.

I'm 100% AGAINST the people who are getting assistance on purpose, thus cheating the system and jeopardizing it for those who are truly in need.

The hatred does get kind of sickening after a while.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This debate is supposed to be about people who CHOOSE to be freeloaders but a lot of people have piled on with hatred toward anyone who has less than they do and needs some help.

I'm 100% AGAINST the people who are getting assistance on purpose, thus cheating the system and jeopardizing it for those who are truly in need.

The hatred does get kind of sickening after a while.
It is obvious who is a leech and who is genuinely in need. I don't know why there is so much confusion between the two.

The people of the 1930s dust bowl were proud and had honor BUT they needed help.

Today we just have a giant gimme gimme "culture" that has spun out of control.

It is these people who make up Mr. Obama's base.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,049 times
I'm shocked so many people had un-nurturing upbringings as to be so hard-hearted and cruel to their fellow human beings.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
Drug test all welfare recipients. If they are on drugs, then no benefits. I don't want to pay for someone's cocaine or meth habit.
Add tobacco smoking to that list. This is a very expensive and health-destroying habit that should NOT be subsidized by the few remaining taxpayers. It seems like the vast majority of the lowest classes have enough money to suck on cancer sticks all day long. If they can afford that, they don't need a penny of taxpayer's assistance in any way, shape or form.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 PM

781 posts, read 1,196,427 times
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2012, 08:28 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
No recipient of public funds can vote in any election for a period no less than two years from last disbursement (Beggars can’t be choosers).

Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
That can only happen when government stops allowing these folks to leech. As long as the handouts are there people will take them. Yes I agree this includes bigbusiness
Agreed. If the corporate greed heads can't lobby for crony capitalism, then they will stop trying to do so.

If the welfare programs are not made available to people who do not need them, they they will not be able to get them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies