Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
He was talking about roads, buildings, infrastructure, YOU didn't build those.
We did build those things. through taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 01:19 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
And you are being amazingly disingenuous. You have already been told that the statement is being taken out of context, and you pretend you do no wrong by not including the full passage.

Give it up, dude.

Post the full text, not just that snippet.
Funny how many here will tell you we are the greatest nation that ever existed, the land of opportunity like no other, but when Obama says the reason that many have been able to succeed is because we live in this land of opportunity/infrastructure/freedom, instead of agreeing with him, they quote him out of context because their little brains can't comprehend the truth of the statement (Or aren't willing to because it collides with their partisan programming).
I wonder what part of his statement they actually disagree with, and can actually argue against. Are they saying now that America isn't the land of opportunity and we as Americans aren't by default in a position to/equipped better to succeed because of our American exceptionalism? How very strange and contradictory! Isn't one of the reasons we all have the opportunity to succeed the very structure, inherent opportunity, nature, and, well, exceptionalism of being American?
What a strange thing to argue against when you otherwise thump your chest over the mere fact that you had the good fortune to be born here.
Are folks like Harrier actually denying that we have the infrastructure/society/history/ that actually makes it more possible for us to succeed? And that we don't owe a debt of gratitude to those who came before us, and those who built this great society that we all benefit from?
What a very strange, illogical, ungrateful, and utterly partisan argument!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock56 View Post
Obama...what did you expect...after almost four years...ive become an expert in picking the wallets of taxpayers....

Is that where the deficit's hiding? Obama whips out massive wad of cash to pay for sausages at deli | Mail Online

Attachment 101490
I see a $20 bill on top of other bills.

If you think this is massive cash, then my prayers go out to you, and I'm agnostic.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
If you weren't a member of the Conformity Cult, I would guess you were a staunch conservative based on that post.

Then again, most people in your "Cult" get their "wads of cash" through redistribution schemes, so maybe I'm wrong.
Which redistribution scheme is handing out wads of cash? Lemme know...since you're the welfare expert. Why are you keeping the secret to yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
DD does sound remarkably like 'build your own pile of cash', doesn't he!

Could we have a blossoming Republican on our hands?
No, I didn't fall down and bump my head...I have no desire to become a blossoming idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Guess what.. Obama is the 1%.. but that is ok to you..

how much money does a person have to have to be considered rich by a democrat's evaluation? One dollar is they are a Republican.
Being rich has always been fine with me. I happen to love money.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 AM

545 posts, read 400,355 times
This is nothing more then the usual liberal hypocrisy. Money, wealth and profit are evil, unless your on the left, then its all dandy. I mean come on.

And I love it when liberals are caught in their own hypocritical mess. They respond with "who me?, no I didn't do nor say that"...so what?... because you personally didn't do it doesn't change the fact that you belong to a party that does. Liberals and those on the left have made it their platform to bash the rich, hell some want to outright kill them and take their stuff and that line of reasoning is become more popular...."who me?? why I'd never!!" save it. You can "excuse" yourself from it, fine...doesn't change the overall liberal hypocrisy of it.

I have seen this for years, a wealthy conservative is an elite fat cat who is out of touch and got there on the backs of the poor, a wealthy liberal rightfully earned it, what?...you jealous?.....No, we are just pointing out the hypocrisy. we have no problem with any wealthy people, we don't pick and choose whose wealth we approve of on whether or not they believe in "social justice".

Let Romney take out a wad of cash...you liberals and the media would have went on about how much of a rich fat cat he is, again save it.

Last edited by EricGold; 09-25-2012 at 04:29 AM..

Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
You don't think Obama has that much at hand?? If Obama did this he'd just be a millionaire with "wads of cash".......... right?? Can't have it one way, but many think they can.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies