Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Actually, more babies....and women.....died back then.

Sigh......the good ole days.
That is not provable. No way to track it but no way did that many babies get killed each year with back alley. Most women were too smart to use back alley. They had the baby and put it up for adoption usually or kept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
You've got that backwards. Before abortion was illegal, it wasn't an issue.

Before abortion was illegal ...... it was legal. It wasn't an issue way back when, just another fact of life.

Abortion has been legal in this country longer than it was illegal. Either way though.....abortion has always been practiced in this country and it always will be.

{Just another one of those FACTS you like to ignore.}

The only reason abortion became illegal was because doctors wanted to take power away from midwives.

Don't kid yourself, it was about power and control then..... and it is about power and control now.
Where have you been living. People went to jail if they did an abortion before they legalized it. Why do you think they had back alley. If they were caught they went to jail.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Life is a hard choice. No one gets out alive without some hard choices and doing hard things. The baby gets not say however. The smallest and weakest never do when a selfish person is involved.
"the baby" gets a say when it's fully developed survives outside the womb. Strangely enough, that's all anyone can do. What goes on before that is uncontrolable and usually even unknown to anyone. The selfish person (ie: you me and everyone who ever lived) makes choices based on their entire scope of influence, not just a based on one potential new life. Sometimes the choice is more about other people than them (ie: reverse selfishness I guess). There is never just ONE issue to consider when making hard choices. If there was it wouldn't be hard.

You guilt no one with your word choices. You need to be aware of that.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:48 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Where have you been living. People went to jail if they did an abortion before they legalized it. Why do you think they had back alley. If they were caught they went to jail.
Abortion - History of Abortion in the U.S. - Our Bodies Ourselves

Quote:
Abortion has been used to control fertility in every known society, regardless of its legality. It was practiced legally in the United States until about 1880, by which time most states had banned it except to save the life of the woman. Antiabortion legislation was part of a backlash against the growing movements for suffrage and birth control—an effort to control women and confine them to a traditional childbearing role. It was also a way for the medical profession to tighten its control over women’s health care, as midwives who performed abortions were a threat to the male medical establishment. Finally, with the declining birthrate among whites in the late 1800s, the U.S. government and the eugenics movement were concerned about “race suicide” and wanted white U.S.-born women to reproduce. More than most other medical procedures, the legality of abortion is linked to women’s status and political power, as well as to the population and economic objectives of the society.
I have been living in the REAL world.....not some fantasyland.

If you ever studied history, you would realize that abortion is NEVER going to go away.

You would realize that the only way to lessen the number of abortions is to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place.

You would realize telling people to practice abstinence IS NOT going to work.

You would spend your time educating people about birth control and making sure they have easy access to it.........instead of chasing the fantasy that people will stop having sex unless they want a baby or that you can force a woman to carry a pregnancy against her will.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
That is not provable. No way to track it but no way did that many babies get killed each year with back alley. Most women were too smart to use back alley. They had the baby and put it up for adoption usually or kept it.
Abortions were routinely performed by midwives back in the "good ole days".....before women were forced into back alleys.

Banning abortion will not stop abortions.....it will just force women back into the hands of back alley abortionists....but that's OK with you, isn't it?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Abortion - History of Abortion in the U.S. - Our Bodies Ourselves

I have been living in the REAL world.....not some fantasyland.

If you ever studied history, you would realize that abortion is NEVER going to go away.

You would realize that the only way to lessen the number of abortions is to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place.

You would realize telling people to practice abstinence IS NOT going to work.

You would spend your time educating people about birth control and making sure they have easy access to it.........instead of chasing the fantasy that people will stop having sex unless they want a baby or that you can force a woman to carry a pregnancy against her will.
Well we also know BC does not work 100% either and anyone who thinks it does is living in a fantasy land. You have sex you take a chance on getting pregnant, BC or not. People lull themselves into thinking they are having safe sex. BC doesn't prevent STDs either. Young kids think they are safe but PP has said they need to have abortions if they give out BC. They know they will see the kids back to get an abortion at some time or other but hey, it's money for them.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Well we also know BC does not work 100% either and anyone who thinks it does is living in a fantasy land. You have sex you take a chance on getting pregnant, BC or not. People lull themselves into thinking they are having safe sex. BC doesn't prevent STDs either. Young kids think they are safe but PP has said they need to have abortions if they give out BC. They know they will see the kids back to get an abortion at some time or other but hey, it's money for them.
Really? Care to prove that is what PP said?

Telling lies over and over and over does not make them true or enhance your arguments.

If fact, telling lies taints EVERYTHING you say. Need I remind you about the boy who cried wolf?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:12 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
PP has never said that.

I would ask some really personal questions of you but I don't want to be warned or banned. Just know your post history exhibits a pattern.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:17 AM

It doesn't matter if I prove it, it's not read or believed. Just look at this thread. I post and they say, "I didn't read it and I won't." Oh well.

This is not a pro-choice thread, this is a pro-abortion thread.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter if I prove it, it's not read or believed. Just look at this thread. I post and they say, "I didn't read it and I won't." Oh well.

This is not a pro-choice thread, this is a pro-abortion thread.
That's because you have a reputation for linking opinion pieces that are not based on FACTS.

BTW.....I personally don't care if you call it pro-choice or pro-abortion......as long as women are not forced to carry unwanted pregnancies against their will, I am good with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies