Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Best post ever on C-D.
Your judgment on that post is so profoundly wrong, I can only pity you. Besides that, some of it made no sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Ahhh the daily abortion thread. It's real simple folks...don't want an abortion don't get one. I believe every woman should have a choice to make any decisions she needs to. ALL healthcare choices should be between a woman and her doctor. Everyone else butt out.

NO ONE should have the right to make my decisions for me it should be between me and my doctor.
Plenty of conservatives would disagree with you and believe pretty passionately with heart and soul that all abortions must be banned. The life of the fetus must absolutely triumph in victory over the pregnant woman at all times.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I personally think it is an ethical distaste if people (women) are careless with birth control and have abortions because of that. However, I don't see making it illegal for everyone based on those who are careless (oh and what about those guys involved...).
Yeah, you never hear of the anti-abortionists shaming out a man for being 50% of the reason behind a woman wanting an abortion.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
No, I'm pretty sure I oppose abortion because it ends an innocent, developing human life. All of my male friends who oppose abortion have the same stance; it's about the unborn, not about maintaining control over women. The idea that pro-life men oppose abortion as some sort of last-ditch effort to keep women subservient and oppressed is ridiculous.
Then if it's about the unborn that pains you so much, then please don't get an abortion. If a man, please make sure protection is used against an unwanted pregnancy next time, or simply avoid indulging in sexual intercourse.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post

I am all for smaller government and less intrusion by the government and I know that me being pro-life sounds confusing. But, for me, it is the protection of a life that is more important than the prevention of intrusion of a woman's choice. When you think of an unborn child as a human life and that all human life should be respected, it is easy to want it protected. That is why it is important to me and other conservatives.
Then that is great. So please don't be a traitor to your own ideals, get pregnant in the future, and all of a sudden decide you gotta get an abortion. Who knows how many woman talk with heart and soul about how dead set they're against abortion. But when the tables are switched and they find themselves pregnant, go sneak off and get an abortion? It is just grossly disgusting hypocrisy of the lowest kind!

Old 09-24-2012, 09:18 PM

8,861 posts, read 5,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
I guess you are speaking of Health Insurance so I will go that way ... How about this: Those that do not wish to have(pay for) ANY Health Insurance coverage can get an opt-out, BUT will not receive ANY medical care, emergency or not, until ALL expected fees are paid in CASH in advance of any treatment starting, don't have the $200,00 for that surgery and recovery time in the hospital?? Hope your family will have the money to bury you.

Anyone that thinks they do not need Health Insurance needs to see a doctor relating to their mental issues.
Are you trying to tell me what to do?

Guess that makes you sexually dysfunctional ........

Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then that is great. So please don't be a traitor to your own ideals, get pregnant in the future, and all of a sudden decide you gotta get an abortion. Who knows how many woman talk with heart and soul about how dead set they're against abortion. But when the tables are switched and they find themselves pregnant, go sneak off and get an abortion? It is just grossly disgusting hypocrisy of the lowest kind!
Actually, that is quite common.

"The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion" - When the Anti-Choice Choose

Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,786,749 times
Quote:
So, does obamacare bother you too?
LOL. I have wonderful employee sponsored health insurance and FWIW, my company LOVES Obama as some of our higher-ups know him they have already begun to comply with all aspects of the law and it actually saved me $200 a month on health insurance, so it really doesn't bother me since I'm now $2400 richer due to these changes. Hopefully they'll save more people money. I also don't have to pay for my annual checkups for me and my kids or my gyn exam anymore, which will save me money and really are the only things I paid for out of pocket in regards to medical care so I'm happy with those provisions.

Don't see how Obamacare is telling me I must or must not do something in regards to my medical care. It just is giving insurance companies a lot more business really and isn't comparable to a man telling me I must or must not have an abortion or a woman telling me not to use an IUD because it is a tool of abortion, something that a woman actually told me about a copper IUD when I got one since they prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL. I have wonderful employee sponsored health insurance and FWIW, my company LOVES Obama as some of our higher-ups know him they have already begun to comply with all aspects of the law and it actually saved me $200 a month on health insurance, so it really doesn't bother me since I'm now $2400 richer due to these changes. Hopefully they'll save more people money. I also don't have to pay for my annual checkups for me and my kids or my gyn exam anymore, which will save me money and really are the only things I paid for out of pocket in regards to medical care so I'm happy with those provisions.

Don't see how Obamacare is telling me I must or must not do something in regards to my medical care. It just is giving insurance companies a lot more business really and isn't comparable to a man telling me I must or must not have an abortion or a woman telling me not to use an IUD because it is a tool of abortion, something that a woman actually told me about a copper IUD when I got one since they prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.
Good post, but were you expecting honesty from others?

Old 09-25-2012, 02:55 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,064,542 times
Quote:
Where did you hear this? Do you really think that if someone was sent to the ER and dying from injuries in a car wreck, they would make them go to the ATM to get money to pay for them to fix them before they would do anything? And when did a surgery cost $200? Jeezz, no one would need insurance if that was the case. Do you think obamacare is going to force all the illegals to buy insurance too? lol. They don't give a crap about our laws, so why would they pay anything to the hospitals?

The figure is $200,000, I missed a zero but with the , it should have been obvious what I meant.

And yes those without insurance(or opt-out of "Obamacare") will NOT be treated in any ER without paying CASH beforehand, children would be treated.
This is MY answer to those that think they don't need Health Insurance.

I KNOW from personal experience, 25, 50 or even $100,000 is NOT a stretch with medical care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies