Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, taking away a woman's FREEDOM to chose to have a baby or not is terrible!

It seems THEY are the only ones talking about taking away freedoms; NO birth control, NO Abortion regardless of reason, NO same sex marriage regardless of what State laws are, NO medical marijuana regardless of what State laws are, so much for States rights, State laws are okay as long as they agree with them, otherwise the Federal government MUST trump them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 04:31 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It will be here soon, just like China. You will need permission to have children, the number and even the gender.

When you cannot afford to have and raise children, but keep doing so while relying on the tax payers' to foot the bill for welfare, foodstamps and housing, IMHO it's not a matter of choice and should be a matter of personal responsiblity. I raised a child alone for 21 years, I worked full time, provided a home and took full responsibility for my son and footed all the bills with no child support. I accepted full responsibility for him. Was it hard as hell? Yes indeed. The women who keep having children and living off the taxpayers have no idea how hard it really is. If they did, they wouldn't keep having children that they have no idea how to feed, raise or support financially. Mandatory personal responsibility would bring the number of births for welfare and other taxpayer funded freebies way down.

While it may sound callous to some, I'm simply speaking from a reality standpoint and personal experience. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:08 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
This dated feminist eccentric idea about "male-dominated" - is an insult on males in general....Hate to break it to you...men are maternal also. - The "rape" factor is rare and over played...the "burden" of carrying a child- good men share that burden...this sexism that separates males from females when it comes to reproduction is and always was a disgrace- woman are more than vessels - and men are more than sperm ejectors into those vessels...When is humanity going to grow up and stop practicing this sexual racism..that the sexes are now pitted against each other as if it were a race war...as if men were an enemy...most men make wonderful mothers. This "domintion" thing over woman is a myth...It is a hatred instilled in young woman that men are nothing but a walking penis..That would be like saying that woman are nothing but a vagina with legs..

This whole issue is so discouraging..that fact that human evolution is running in reverse...If apes could talk they would be laughing at us.

I think history would disagree with you. Men have always dominated women in every aspect. We were used and abused. Well up until women finally got a backbone and a voice. There is no hatred at all. We just decided enough was enough

Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
When you cannot afford to have and raise children, but keep doing so while relying on the tax payers' to foot the bill for welfare, foodstamps and housing, IMHO it's not a matter of choice and should be a matter of personal responsiblity. I raised a child alone for 21 years, I worked full time, provided a home and took full responsibility for my son and footed all the bills with no child support. I accepted full responsibility for him. Was it hard as hell? Yes indeed. The women who keep having children and living off the taxpayers have no idea how hard it really is. If they did, they wouldn't keep having children that they have no idea how to feed, raise or support financially. Mandatory personal responsibility would bring the number of births for welfare and other taxpayer funded freebies way down.

While it may sound callous to some, I'm simply speaking from a reality standpoint and personal experience. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

It went the way of self control and common sense which is clearly lacking now a days.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:47 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Men should not be making decisions for women......period.

Women are quite capable of making their own healthcare decisions.....just like men do.

And yes, it does bother me when men, whether in government or not, think they can even begin to really understand the issue since they can never truly comprehend what it would be like to be forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy.

Wise men realize this and support women making their own reproductive choices.
Says it all - and very well.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
[/b]

You better get use to the government making ALL your health decisions with Obamacare. Whenever you go to the doctor he or she first has to check with a politician to see if they can do the procedure on you that will save your life. It will depend on what group you land in if it is worth saving your life or letting you die. Hope you like the new system.
How does what you describe differ from doctors having to first check with insurance companies "to see if they can do the procedure on you that will save your life"?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
There are more males out there that are forcing women to get an abortion---who wants to pay child support for a one night stand anyway? Even when marriage is involved women are beat and threatened if they don't get the abortion. But some women actually support those kind of men and think highly of them.
How about some FACTS to support your assertions.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
obamacare will affect healthcare delivery. Very much so. If you think insurance companies can be viscious with how they handle healthcare decisions, think about how rough the government will be when they take over. At least the insurance company has to try to make their customers happy sometimes in order to keep them. The government will not. Ever known someone on Medicare and they didn't cover a procedure that may have saved their life. Yeah, it will be like that and that IS haveing the government make healthcare decisions for you. If choice is so important to Democrats, why are they willing to have it taken away except on abortion? Why is abortion y'alls only healthcare concern? I have other organs besides my uterus that I care more about.

If a fetus is a parasite then so is a new born. It feeds off of his/her mother then too and cannot live on it's own. The only difference is that it breathes air and poops. Just disassociating the idea of it being a human life by calling it a parasite might help you rationalize that it's ok to kill a baby, though.

I am all for smaller government and less intrusion by the government and I know that me being pro-life sounds confusing. But, for me, it is the protection of a life that is more important than the prevention of intrusion of a woman's choice. When you think of an unborn child as a human life and that all human life should be respected, it is easy to want it protected. That is why it is important to me and other conservatives.
I have to answer, "No, I don't know anyone who's been denied a life saving medical procedure while on Medicare." I'm on Medicare, as is my husband and most of my friends. My mother, who lived to 93, was on Medicare - she was never denied medical procedures - even when she broke her hip at 92. (She had surgery and was walking again in 6 weeks).

So, I'd like to hear about these seniors who are being denied life saving procedures - please provide some links to verifiable sources. Thanks.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
[quote=Anyone that thinks they do not need Health Insurance needs to see a doctor relating to their mental issues.[/QUOTE]

However, they couldn't afford to do so out of pocket!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
[quote=seahawkgirl;26232828]obamacare will affect healthcare delivery. Very much so. If you think insurance companies can be viscious with how they handle healthcare decisions, think about how rough the government will be when they take over. At least the insurance company has to try to make their customers happy sometimes in order to keep them. The government will not.

The Affordable Healthcare Act does not give government the power of medical decisions. It mandates insurance coverage. Decisions are still made by insurance companies via those who practice health care.

"If a fetus is a parasite then so is a new born."

Wrong. A parasite isn't something that is dependent on another. It's one who lives off the body of the other and, in the case of a fetus, is part of the body. A born baby could well be taken care and fed by anyone, not just the mother (and her body).
I don't believe in "ensoulment" and never saw my innards as a vessel for something to just be carried in (and be living off my body- not symbiosis, but parasitic). I know that's harsh language, but it's why I feel a woman has the right to make a decision about that thing that is part of her body and cannot be otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies