Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:33 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Liz, about your law practice in MA:'You didn't build that kimosabe!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Do you have any thoughts of your own or do you just scour the right wing press for the idiot pieces of the day and post links?
Uhm, well, Liz and Obama did say that. That is a leftie talking point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
It must be true, because you read it on the internet, right?

Do you really think that a person would graduate Harvard Law school and not pass the bar and get a license? Really?

Let's apply Occam's razor here. Which is more likely? Elizabeth Warren graduated Harvard and didn't take the bar exam and get a license, and practiced law without a license for years.

-or-

some obscure website made up a story and a bunch of people took it as gospel truth?
Gospel truth, isn't that what you do when you hear Obama speak or when you hear the main stream media?

Old 09-24-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
She's a bankruptcy attorney. If she's practicing in federal court, she doesn't need a Massachusetts law license, as long as she's licensed in some state, somewhere, and is admitted to practice in the federal court there.

If she were practicing without a valid law license, she would have been censured or reprimanded in some way. Do you have any evidence of that?
Bankruptcy attorney

Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM

235 posts, read 276,145 times
This is nothing but Mr Brown trying to derail the warren campaign...
I think and hope that MA residents will see thru it ...

Old 09-24-2012, 01:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Do you have any thoughts of your own or do you just scour the right wing press for the idiot pieces of the day and post links?
My thoughts exactly. Reminds me of another poster who's been scarce lately.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
Brown never counted on Warren giving him a run for his money...his Wall Street money, that is.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
LOL, he must have taken that from the Obama playbook.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Another hard day at work for "many".....

Old 09-24-2012, 02:13 PM

387 posts, read 1,045,447 times
OK, I didn't really care to look this up, but here is information from her bio according to her website and Wiki.

She got a law degree from Rutgers, graduated and became pregnant, so she practiced law from home, writing wills and doing real estate closings. Then she taught law at several universities, got tenured at U Penn, then moved to Harvard in 1992. Her involvement with government began in 1995 when she was asked to advise the National Bankruptcy Review Commission. I think that this is because as a professor, she did research into reasons for people filing bankruptcy. I know she wrote a book called The Two Income Trap (that I read a while back), where she mentioned her bankruptcy research.

I don't think she worked as a bankruptcy attorney.

Anywho, I don't see where she practiced law in MA. Seems like she has been a professor and researcher for most of her career.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
So it's idiotic to think that Elizabeth Warren shouldn't be practicing as an attorney in a State where she has no law license?
Well, she was a practicing Indian without a license and Hoss was probably okay with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies