Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:53 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,012,427 times

Advertisements

Its time for Hillary to resign. Her and this Administrations handling of this entire situation, or "bump in the road" as Barack likes to call it, has been horrendous. First Ambassador murdered on foreign soil since Jimmy Carter (fitting) and the lies and cover up that followed, leaves us to have no faith in them going forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 04:55 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,161,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I didn't get a 404. I got to the site and on the site it said "page not found".
Page not found is a 404. Try looking at the title of the page on the tab of your browser, it says Page Not Found 404.

HTTP 404 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server could not find what was requested. The web site hosting server will typically generate "404 - Not Found" web page, when a user attempts to follow a broken or dead link, hence the 404 error is one of the most recognizable errors users can find on the web.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,828,507 times
Quote:
I didn't get a 404. I got to the site and on the site it said "page not found".
The URL is something like this:

http://www.example.com/somenastyword.html

When the word filter gets done with it the link is:

http://www.example.com/*****.html

That page doesn't exist on the server hence the reason for the 404.

--------------

The filter should not be filtering the url itself which is the issue, the only thing it should be filtering is the anchor text or what is displayed on the page.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,061,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Wow. This email exchange is quite entertaining. Evidently, the WH is quite sensitive about their colossal failure in Libya regarding the death of our Ambassador and three other Americans along with the failure to secure sensitive documents.

When someone screws up, they frequently get aggressive and try to shift the focus to non issues.

Pathetic.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpoli...er-to-****-off
They do. The best was when Andrew Dice Clay went nuts live on the air because of stupid interview questions.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:08 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,360,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
They do. The best was when Andrew Dice Clay went nuts live on the air because of stupid interview questions.
I think it is a little more serious when a Senior Advisor to the United States Secretary of State goes nuts than when a washed-up, two-bit, misogynist, comedian goes nuts.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,641,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Page has been removed. I'd love to see it. Alas, gone!
It's still there. You have to change the link to use the real word. Change **** to the correct word.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,616,601 times
Quote:
This just adds to the continuing unfolding story that the US is not successful in Libya as they claim to be.
CNN is airing State Dept dirty laundry and the State Dept and other Dems are lashing out.
Golly, gee, what do you suppose the St. Dept. and Dems would do if CNN told the truth all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ok.....so CNN does it's duty ONE TIME. The rest of the year? Not a chance....they coddle Barack Obama's testicles with utmost care and nurturing.

**** CNN. NONE of us needed to have CNN (of all outlets) to tell us that the Barack Obama Administration is an ABYSSMAL FAILURE.
Unfortunately true, and now that they've been duly punished, we probably won't ever see it happen again.

Last edited by Dale Cooper; 09-24-2012 at 05:48 PM..

Old 09-24-2012, 05:39 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,022,295 times
I read the emails. I'd have told the reporter to **** off too.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,933,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I read the emails. I'd have told the reporter to **** off too.
Because you are hard wired to defer to those in authority. Sad.

Then you'll complain about government wrongdoing, one hour later.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,022,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Because you are hard wired to defer to those in authority. Sad.
Not really. But I am hard wired to tell somebody to **** off if they deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher
Then you'll complain about government wrongdoing, one hour later.
I never complain. The closest I come to complaining is full bull mockery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies