Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
None, including me, that I know of.
Apparently you don't know to many.

From the article, "But recent polls make clear that the president’s campaign is losing the battle. Even as Obama leads in Colorado, Florida, Ohio and Virginia, Mitt Romney is up by double digits among veterans in those states. Nationwide, he’s got a commanding 20-percentage-point lead over Obama and has even overtaken the president with younger veterans."[LEFT]
Read more: Veterans retreating from President Obama - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

How does it feel to be in the minority?
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthevergeofanervous View Post
Not to mention the downsizing and decreasing benefits. I see more "Where is the Birth Certificate" bumpers stickers on base than I do Obama bumper stickers.

We are an extended Military family - active duty, veterans, no one supports what Obama is doing to the military right now.

Army Times polls show Obama does not have the support of the Military.
During the Iraq war there was record numbers of enlistments re-enlistments and veteran's volunteering to do multiple tours in Iraq.

Many don't like the idea the victory was never declared, no one every signed a treaty surrendering. Obama just quit.

They feel all there brethren died in vain.

Many veterans got out when they could because of all the new ROE's, which tied their hands from killing the enemy and getting killed themselves.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 09-25-2012 at 07:14 PM..

Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Because apparently people use it as welfare.
You know, like the family business: job training, free ride with rent, education, health care, reduced food costs, etc.

Veterans to tout Obama's record as military leader | Reuters

Because we're broke and all citizens need to pick up the slack.
Why are we broke? Perhaps too large a military.
Why free benefits? Everyone else in the US pays for health care and don't you fight against universal care?
So, someone doing a job that is assigned to them is NOT doing anything and is NOT earning things you describe?

Why are you paid? Do you get sick pay, vacations, does your employer contribute to your retirement and health care costs?

You are real piece of work!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
During the Iraq war there was record numbers of enlistments re-enlistments and veteran's volunteering to do multiple tours in Iraq.

Many don't like the idea the victory was never declared, no one every signed a treaty surrendering. Obama just quit.

They feel all there brethren died in vain.

Many veterans got out when they could because of all the new SOP's, which tied their hands from killing the enemy.
There was no need to declare victory. Once the Baath Party was removed from power and Saddam was hung, we achieved our victory. Mission accomplished.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:03 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,684 times
Default Vets fer MITZZZZZZZZ ! Otay !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock56 View Post
I guess that settles it...
stock56 !!! ...

Indeed ... Dat cdf bloke has spoken ! And dat iz dat ! ..... Ain't no second thang bout it y'all !

Vets for MITZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ! Yep ! ....... I jest can't waits ta vote ! HARRRRRR !

Ta Ta ... Ole Sgt. Lamar

Old 09-25-2012, 06:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
stock56 !!! ...

Indeed ... Dat cdf bloke has spoken ! And dat iz dat ! ..... Ain't no second thang bout it y'all !

Vets for MITZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ! Yep ! ....... I jest can't waits ta vote ! HARRRRRR !

Ta Ta ... Ole Sgt. Lamar
I'd like to ask a question. Why is it you never engage in conversation but only post a "cheer" for someone else's post? Are you really just a cheerleader, or do you have opinions of your own you could contribute?

WHY do YOU support Romney, and why do YOU think Vets support Romney and by what percentage? Romney never served in the military. In fact, he managed to not have to serve in Vietnam. I find it confusing that Vets would support someone like Romney, who, according to his age, would have been eligible for the draft during the Vietnam War but rather managed to do missionary work in France when others his age were being drafted to go fight.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:16 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
i THINK ONLY VETS SHOULD BE ON THIS THREAD

Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Quite honestly what has Obama done for vets?
Quite honestly what has he done for blacks and latinos? What has he actually done for anyone in "this" country?

Old 09-26-2012, 02:39 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'd like to ask a question. Why is it you never engage in conversation but only post a "cheer" for someone else's post? Are you really just a cheerleader, or do you have opinions of your own you could contribute?

WHY do YOU support Romney, and why do YOU think Vets support Romney and by what percentage? Romney never served in the military. In fact, he managed to not have to serve in Vietnam. I find it confusing that Vets would support someone like Romney, who, according to his age, would have been eligible for the draft during the Vietnam War but rather managed to do missionary work in France when others his age were being drafted to go fight.
In what branch did Obama serve during the first Gulf war, or even Granada? What was Obamas contribution to society? Why do a lot of vets support Romney? It could be that Obama cut hazerdous duty pay for service members in a war zone unless they are assigned to direct conflict. It doesn't matter that your base is hit with rocket fire on a daily basis. If you are not assigned to a unit that goes into direct combat, you don't get paid. Why do you think that Obamas Justice department has tried to suppress the vote of military personel? Appropriations which were already minimal at best at the VA were cut, while Solyndra was handed a kings ransom as payoff. The list goes on, but yeah, a lot of us vets are not too pleased with Obama.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:25 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Actually, they do.
I shop commissaries and I see it every day.
They also buy cigarettes, coffee and other items that they shouldn't buy (using the same insane logic as others).

If cigarettes, coffee and whatever other items that they shouldn't buy, is that just your opinion?? I would think that if such items were taboo why are they being sold? Who does the purchasing for the commissary? I'm sure you enjoy the discounts afforded to you by the US government, especially when you head home with your bags of commissary goodies.

If you find it so disturbing to see how YOUR money is being spent by those who serve in the military, go find a job where it would make your life a bit more comfortable seeing as how tightly wound up you are. I find it disturbing that you get paid with taxpayer money to work behind a counter, yet you have such contempt for those that serve our country and are willing to put their lives on the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies