Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:43 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
All the rightwing neoconservatives and their religious backers are always preaching war and slavish devotion to Israel and its leader, Netanyahu, who is even crazier than most Republicans.

We have a President who rejects his incessant calls for more unnecessary war and killings in the Middle East and shows this lunatic (and the rest of the world) that not all American politicians are crazed war mongers who believe in a policy of shooting first, negotiating later.

Just another reason President Obama will serve a second term. Well done Mr. President!
I see what you mean. Saw this today:

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17320388

"As tensions rise over Iran's nuclear ambitions and the United States leads a mine-clearing exercise in the Persian Gulf, Obama also warned Tehran that the United States will "do what we must" to prevent it from obtaining a nuclear weapon."

"A nuclear Iran, Obama said, "would threaten the elimination of Israel, the security of Gulf nations, and the stability of the global economy. It risks triggering a nuclear-arms race in the region, and the unraveling of the non-proliferation treaty."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 01:45 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Wait. Did you hear it?

Those are war drums! Liberal Obama war drums!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:49 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Aren't you glad we have a President who doesn't grovel to Israel?

Yep, grovelling to Muslim countries is SO much better.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
All the rightwing neoconservatives and their religious backers are always preaching war and slavish devotion to Israel and its leader, Netanyahu, who is even crazier than most Republicans.

We have a President who rejects his incessant calls for more unnecessary war and killings in the Middle East and shows this lunatic (and the rest of the world) that not all American politicians are crazed war mongers who believe in a policy of shooting first, negotiating later.

Just another reason President Obama will serve a second term. Well done Mr. President!
Mr. President didn't have time to talk with any leaders of other countries, especially those of the Middle East because he was so busy campaigning. Yep, he is trying to buy women's votes by being on The View today when he should have been meeting with a number of heads of state. I heard a list of the heads of state that George Bush met with in 2004 just as close to the election today and it was pretty near 6 and all of them from the Middle East other than Japan. I guess campaigning wasn't as big a deal to Bush as it is to Obama and, as I remember, the Dems were being about as nasty about Bush in favor of Jon Carry as anything going on today.

Yes, Mr. President, you must take all the time you need to campaign since campaigning has been the most important part of his administering for over a year now. He was campaigning when he said that the Ft. Bliss shootings were not terrorism but workplace problems. He was campaigning when he said that the attack that killed an American ambassador wasn't terrorism and had to admit to being wrong a week later. He is campaigning when he says that movies that take Muslims down aren't really allowed but he can't do anything about them because of the First Amendment. If there are so few Muslims in this country as most of you leaners say I can't help wondering why he is trying so hard to make saying anything about Muslims is so wrong.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
No I wish I had a president that did more than talk. Cut foreign aid to all the mooches.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:05 PM

305 posts, read 553,497 times
Now, if only we can get a president who does not bow to Saudi Royalty!

Old 09-25-2012, 02:07 PM

305 posts, read 553,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Aren't you glad we have a President who doesn't grovel to Israel?

Yep, grovelling to Muslim countries is SO much better.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:14 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
We want a tough-talking America that doesn't apologize and doesn't waste time with the desires of other countries... EXCEPT Israel. We have to do whatever they want because they're our most useful ally in the globe. They help us in so many ways, such as...... hmm give me a second on this, there must be something there.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:20 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Right wing Christians monetarily and spiritually support violent, deadly apartheid in Israel.
So right wing christians control Israel i see, i am learning so much that just is not so

Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If you hate Jesus, then no wonder you hate Israel.

Which is precisely what drives liberal ignorance of US-Israeli relations.

You hate God. You hate Israel.

The connection is quite clear.
Good Lord. You mean every Israeli is heaven sent? They never overstep?

Besides this attitude does not go very far when the Muslims think the exact same thing about Mohammed. How about we expect both sides to make efforts to get along.

I don't recall anything I learned in Sunday school saying we needed to help Israel start WWIII.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies