Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

What did Obama mean when he said that today? Did he mean that Americans have no right to slander Islam, that nobody can do that, although Muslims do that with Christ and everything Christian when they destroy Christian churches anywhere in the world? What did he mean when he said that? I know what I think he meant but I wonder what his supporters heard him say when he said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:30 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
It's a never ending continuation of his goofy apology tour.

Sickening.

Kinda like his war on women. He never says a word about honor killings, etc. But he wants to make sure every loose Sandra has birth control pills on the taxpayer's dime.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
To be fair, I believe he did mention other religions also. I searched and he didn't just say Islam.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:33 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
To be fair, I believe he did mention other religions also. I searched and he didn't just say Islam.
Maybe the problem is less what he said than what some people with selective hearing heard.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
How is it that so many of you guys are convinced that an "apology tour" ever tool place? I mean seriously... how is it possible for so many people to believe total fiction?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
The actual statement:

Quote:
The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:42 PM

305 posts, read 553,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Sickening.

Kinda like his war on women. He never says a word about honor killings, etc. But he wants to make sure every loose Sandra has birth control pills on the taxpayer's dime.
To call Mohammed a prophet, is to validate him as one, to recognize the religion as the one true religion…

Old 09-25-2012, 06:45 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What did Obama mean when he said that today? Did he mean that Americans have no right to slander Islam, that nobody can do that, although Muslims do that with Christ and everything Christian when they destroy Christian churches anywhere in the world? What did he mean when he said that? I know what I think he meant but I wonder what his supporters heard him say when he said that.
Just listen to Limbaugh tomorrow, and he'll grind it up in his jowls and feed it to you like the precious baby birds you are.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:47 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
There you go again, Roy, selectively editing something then putting your "creative spin" on your skimpy edited portion. What he said was:

"The future should not belong to those who slander Islam. The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted 'Muslims, Christians, we are one.'"

That isn't hard to understand but then you already know that but chose to start a thread with your own false propaganda. I just don't understand how someone who claims to have been a teacher can deliberately misrepresent the truth like that!

Obama: "The Future Must Not Belong To Those Who Slander The Prophet Of Islam" | RealClearPolitics

Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Obama's ultimate goal is to establish a caliphate in America-the goal is to eliminate our democracies and liberties and implement a one-monarch system where power would stay within the Obama family.

His goal is to implement a mixed political system-with elements of Shariah law, Marxism and Fascism.

A true American who loves this country would never apologize to the Muslims-Obama is a wuss with no balls- he was brainwashed since he was little to believe in this Kumbaya, diversity, we all love each other BS.

Make this clown a one-term President! We can do better than this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies