Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Thank GOD our fastest growing demographic in this country is CATHOLIC Mexicans.
Yeah, but eveyone knows God is too busy with the NFL, college football, and the upcoming MLB playoffs to worry about the outcome of some Mexican soccer(or futbol) match...

Old 09-26-2012, 12:54 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Prayer never made any sense to me for any reason. I mean, you're supposedly trying to contact some all-knowing, all-powerful deity, right? For what purpose?

a) uh, dear (insert favorite deity's name)... I just wanted to remind you of (insert reason for prayer) in case you forgot.

b) dear (insert favorite deity's name)... I wanted to mention this in case you might have overlooked it.

c) dear (insert favorite deity's name)... you really ought to (insert suggestion) because it would (insert favored outcome).

d) dear (insert favorite deity's name)... I (we) deserve favoritism over him (them) because (insert insult).

So, this all-knowing sky god wouldn't know these things w/o your input?
Atheists are such simpletons and think they are so clever when they use that stupid term "Sky god"-- as for sports fans and players praying- they are idiots much like the atheists- they all belong in the same group of twits...I can imagine some goof on their knees asking God to allow them to win the lottery.. losers- atheists and religious fanatics are the same entity as far as I am concerned...just plain stupid.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
God did create the heavens and the earth in the big inning (see Genesis 1:1).

I could never figure out which inning or whether it was in the top or bottom half.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:00 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yeah, but eveyone knows God is too busy with the NFL, college football, and the upcoming MLB playoffs to worry about the outcome of some Mexican soccer(or futbol) match...
I wasn't talking about sports, I was talking about society.

Once the Mexicans take hold, people that ask questions such as the OP's will be ridiculed and treated with gross intolerance.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Oh atheists have their wittle fewwings hurwt because they have to listen to a prayer before a game. It's a tradition...if you don't like it don't listen to it but don't take away something many people hold dear.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Thank GOD our fastest growing demographic in this country is CATHOLIC Mexicans.

It couldn't have come at a better time, a nice influx of Christianity is much needed at a time in which many liberals are turning away from God and converting to the worship of Government and Multiculturalism.

Keep those birthrates strong Jose and Maria!
Ah yes, let's increase the growth of the most corrupted institution in human history. Do you seriously think Catholicism is going to beat the rising tide of liberal Christianity?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Oh atheists have their wittle fewwings hurwt because they have to listen to a prayer before a game. It's a tradition...if you don't like it don't listen to it but don't take away something many people hold dear.
I'm not an atheist, but I do think it trivializes prayer and makes it ridiculously stupid. God has more important things to worry about then a bunch of drunk jocks all praying for the opposing side to lose a stupid sporting event.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Default What is the purpose of prayer before sporting events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Best answer so far!
Good grief you can't be that ignorant, maybe you could listen just one time to see what it's about, it wont hurt you.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Ah yes, let's increase the growth of the most corrupted institution in human history. Do you seriously think Catholicism is going to beat the rising tide of liberal Christianity?
Liberal churches such as the Episcopal church aren't speaking to young people. Most of the younger generation has embraced irreligion of some sort but those who have remained in the church are flocking to the conservative, non denominational megachurches. Liberal Christianity doesn't have a leg to stand on. I did a lot of research on it and when you deny the authority of the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, atheism or agnosticism just makes more sense.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:20 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Like "God" really cares about an athletic competition! LOL.
Really? is that what you think it's about? Good grief. that's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies