Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 06:15 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,749,180 times

Advertisements

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...

Coulter nails it once again. A very concise accounting of the history of racism in this country... and who the racists really were. Not just back in the Civil War days, but through to today also.

And one ideology keeps shining through.

As usual.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Coulter: Liberals can't break 200-year racism habit - Conservative News

Liberals can’t break 200-year racism habit

By: Ann Coulter
9/26/2012 05:02 PM

Democrats spent the first century of this country’s existence refusing to treat black people like human beings, and the second refusing to treat them like adults.

After fighting the Civil War to continue enslaving black people and then subjecting newly freed black Americans to vicious, humiliating Jim Crow laws and Ku Klux Klan violence, Democrats set about frantically rewriting their own ugly history.

Step 1: Switch “Democrat” to “Southerner”;

Step 2: Switch “Southerner” to “conservative Democrat”;

Step 3: Switch “conservative Democrat” to “conservative.”

Contrary to liberal folklore, the Democratic segregationists were not all Southern — and they were certainly not conservative. They were dyed-in-the-wool liberal Democrats on all the litmus-test issues of their day.

All but one remained liberal Democrats until the day they died. That’s the only one you’ve ever heard of: Strom Thurmond.

As soon as abortion is relegated to the same trash heap of history as slavery has been, liberals will be rewriting history to make Democrats the pro-lifers and Republicans the pro-choicers. That’s precisely what they’ve done with the history of race in America.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 06:23 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,880,646 times
I love to see these sorts of projection threads out of RWNJs as they're always good for a laugh.

BTW southern Democrats, like southern Republicans, were almost always conservatives not liberals, genius. The big defining difference is the liberals/progressives almost ALWAYS came from the north and the west coast while the south remains stubbornly neanderthal in its conservative racist ideology and so had to be dragged into the modern era kicking and screaming. You also seem to have absolutely no understanding of our Republicans used to be liberals & Dems used to be conservatives before switching sides in the 1960's. The party name doesn't matter as the primary difference has been liberals who were anti-racism and conservatives who were extremely pro-racism.

No please go back to school and take a 6th grade history lesson because you need it. Modern conservatives are "low information voters" indeed.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:31 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,424,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
All but one remained liberal Democrats until the day they died. That’s the only one you’ve ever heard of: Strom Thurmond.
Apparently Miss Coulter has never heard of Jesse Helms or Trent Lott.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:34 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,417,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...

Coulter nails it once again. A very concise accounting of the history of racism in this country... and who the racists really were. Not just back in the Civil War days, but through to today also.

And one ideology keeps shining through.

As usual.
You believe this stuff? seriously?

Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,826,168 times
Anyone who thinks racism is confined to the south and conservatives is sorely mistaken. There are racists everywhere. I'll argue that the south is one of the least racist parts of the country, certainly no worse than any other.
Liberals? Well, actions speak louder than rhetoric. Why don't they just trust people to make their own decisions? Especially minorities? It's those minorities that liberals trust the least to be able to take care of themselves... or think for themselves.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:49 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,615,208 times
Liberal racism is enshrined in smug paternalism. They own blacks (and blacks do not even realize it!)

Last edited by irishvanguard; 09-26-2012 at 07:58 PM..

Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,889,463 times
Liberals ended slavery in this country.
Liberals fought for civil rights and now Coulter re-writes history.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,826,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Liberals ended slavery in this country.
Liberals fought for civil rights and now Coulter re-writes history.
Liberals, to use the term loosely, ended slavery. Latter-day liberals reinstated it, but different.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,749,180 times
So it was not liberal Democrats who supported and practiced black slavery before and during the Civil War, while Republicans fought against it?

And it was not liberal Democrats who enacted and enforced Jim Crow laws against blacks afterward?

And it was not liberal Democrats who stood in school doorways to bar entrance to black children, while Republicans sent the National Guard to forcibly remove them and let the black children enter the schools?

And it is not liberal Democrats who, even today, insist that black people cannot make it in life without significant assistance from government, while making no such claims about white people?

Coulter called it correctly. Liberal Democrats have a 200-year history of racism, and have not broken that habit even today. They are not capable of acknowledging how disgusting and repulsive their racist ideology is, and will fight like cornered skunks (with similar results) against any attempt to point out the truth to them.

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 09-26-2012 at 07:13 PM..

Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 PM

465 posts, read 506,002 times
The parties changed in the '60s that's why Strom Thurmond would have been considered a liberal democrat back then, and i know people of all walks of life that are racist, so people that think conservatives and/or southerners are the only corner of it they're wrong...people that think black people are helpless for ex. are racist, just like people that think i can't do anything because of my brain damage is wrong, everyone has limitations, and there's a difference between a helping hand and a hand out...i'm a left leaning moderate, i see many things wrong with both parties, and i'm too much of a free thinker to just blindly follow any ideologue, and i think following ideologues are what has gotten us here where we're at now it's been decades in the making, no one wants to give an inch on their precious ideology that's why i think we need a third party so bad i mean a major three parties, not one new party taking over one of the old ones the way the Republicans took over the Whigs nationally. There's more than 2 ways to think there's a dozen ways to think on most issues and most Americans don't follow and ideologue 100% or anywhere close for that matter. My area votes heavily republican but they're mostly center right folks who are at least somewhat moderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies