Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 AM

720 posts, read 701,985 times

Advertisements

What are the thoughts on Israel attempting to take out Iran's Nuclear threat. What time frame do you think we are looking at and how will this affect America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 AM

455 posts, read 1,129,485 times
Contrary to what a lot of people think israel doesn't want a war on it's hands. I've been there and talked to the people it is a very tiny country and any provocation with iran will be felt by its people. Most likely in the form of rocket attacks by iran's hezbollah proxys.

With that out the way israel is going to be looking at any other way it can disable iran's weapons program short of starting a full scale war. The prime minister netnanyahu is not on great terms with obama and i believe doesn't feel that the us would back it in a full fledged attack, israel doesn't have the resources to wage a large scale conventional war with iran.

I've actually heard that israel is trying to develop emp technology as a way to disable iran's grids as a way to halt its nuclear program. As for the US after afghanistan, iraq and even libya i don't believe there is any public support for another large scale military operation.

I don't see the election being drastically affected by this since i don't see any major actions by israel or iran withing the next couple of months or so.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,577,777 times
It really seems like the citizens of all countries involved, include those located between Iran and Israel, really don't want war. But since when have wars been dictated by the citizens... I don't even understand WHY it'll affect America if not just for playing police.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 AM

3,927 posts, read 6,742,331 times
Whoever fires the first shot, will be in the wrong side of this story.

I will never accept any justifications from the side who fired the first shot. You fired the first shot and started the war, you're the bad guy, you're in the wrong side.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,807,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post

I will never accept any justifications from the side who fired the first shot. You fired the first shot and started the war, you're the bad guy, you're in the wrong side.
The first shot was fired before you were born, when the State of Israel was formed against the wishes of people who were already there.

The USA has no business in the Middle East whatsoever, except for the fact that the USA created Israel and is now committed to defending it, no matter what.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,240,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The first shot was fired before you were born, when the State of Israel was formed against the wishes of people who were already there.

The USA has no business in the Middle East whatsoever, except for the fact that the USA created Israel and is now committed to defending it, no matter what.
The US didn't create Israel. The creation of Israel was an effect of British colonization, anti-zionism, the UN trying to solve complex world issues, and the holocaust, amoung other factors.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 AM

7,964 posts, read 11,828,920 times
If a war kicks off between Israel and Iran, then god help the world not just the middle east.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 AM

2,812 posts, read 5,615,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post

Excellent point. And Israel has hundreds of nukes, so it seems crazy that they then think they should have the power to stop another country in the region from trying to build their own. We all agree that we don't know if we can trust Iran's leadership, but if you put yourself in their shoes- they don't think they can trust Israel, and Israel has nukes. To them, their only assurance of being safe in the region from attack is to build their own nukes.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,240,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Excellent point. And Israel has hundreds of nukes, so it seems crazy that they then think they should have the power to stop another country in the region from trying to build their own. We all agree that we don't know if we can trust Iran's leadership, but if you put yourself in their shoes- they don't think they can trust Israel, and Israel has nukes. To them, their only assurance of being safe in the region from attack is to build their own nukes.

Although it might help if they didn't keep saying they want to wipe Israel from teh face of the earth...that doesn't really promote peace. I can think of better approaches.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 14 days ago)

43,477 posts, read 44,217,903 times
Wouldn't this be better in the Politics and Controversies forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies