Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
If you call getting America out of the biggest recession since the great depression, bringing our troops home from a failed unwanted war, reforming probably one of the worst health systems in all of the Industrialised Nations, Giving women rights as to their pay, giving our vets a fast track into jobs, putting a viable jobs bill for our vets forward only to have it blocked by the Republican's, saving our auto industry, killing Bin Laden and many top men in Al Quaida etc, etc, etc destroying the Country then not sure what you think Bush and the Republican administration did.........
"Giving women rights as to their pay" ?

Surely you don't mean this:

"Female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000)."

and this:

"The president and his Democratic allies have accused Republicans of waging a “war on women,” and have touted themselves as champions of female equality. Obama’s rhetoric, however, has not always been supported by his actions."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 04:05 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The TOPIC is appeasement which I compared to WWII in my origional post. I guess your uncomfortable dealing with reality or simply didn't read anything and jumped in screaming about right wingers and muslims. That is what it looks like to me. Do you have an opinion on his appeasing the muslims or are you just in this one to give me advice on web developing?
I can type what I want to type in the forum, short of personally attacking someone or using profanity.

Your appeasement argument is mute.

Why you compare WWII to todays muslim population people like myself will never know, you're comparing oranges to apples.

If right wingers like muslims, why the attacks on Obama before and after the election, people of the right saying Obama was a muslim terrorist. You righties really haven't a clue, do you?

Pssst. there is not a doctrine of appeasement. never was. it is imagined.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Too bad Obama and Co. didn't read up on WWII. Too busy community organizing and protesting in college most likely.

"One of Pakistan’s most feared Islamists accused President Barack Obama on Wednesday of starting a religious war against Muslims over his handling of a video that mocked the Prophet Mohammad. Hafiz Saeed, accused by India of masterminding the 2008 attack by Pakistani gunmen on India’s financial capital Mumbai, said Obama should have ordered steps to remove the film from the Internet instead of defending freedom of expression in America. “Obama’s statements have caused a religious war,” Saeed told Reuters in an interview. “This is a very sensitive issue. This is not going to be resolved soon. Obama’s statement has started a cultural war.”

Pakistan Islamist accuses Obama of religious war on Muslims - Yahoo! News

Yes, for years we have appeased Pakistan missile strikes and over-the-border raids. LOL

Old 09-28-2012, 05:06 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
I'd like propose the we start our own "Martyrs Brigade" but with a twist.

Rather than waste the lives of our youth, we have PLENTY of elderly, pot-bellied, white bitter men, here at City Data that would gladly volunteer for ground combat duty against the MUSLIMS.

Lets send them first. They'll bomb and kill those Muslims in their own country's till they beg for mercy.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I think the Paki's might want to pay Mr. Hafiz Saeed a visit and explain the concept to free speech just before the hang him for premeditated mass murder.

I agree with padcrasher. I will gladly wave goodbye to our "Glorious Crusaders" as they fly off to rid the world of the "Muslim Heretics." Somehow it is always easier to send the kids off to fight instead of doing it yourself. Once upon a time I was one of the kids. I will not send today's kids to make these Old Farts happy and I definitely will not go myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies