Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Veto.
Veto is essentially a policy of negativity - which won't get you too far in the long run.

Witness the last four years under President Obama.

Obama's negativity is the reason that Mitt Romney will win 0n 11/6/12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Well, if that miracle happened and Johnson was elected, neither party would be as catty as they currently are. The GOP is acting like a spoiled 3 year old because a black man with a funny name beat their war hero and hockey mom and they can't take the loss.
The Vietnam War was a Democratic war - in case you hsve forgotten. If Barry Goldwater had been elected in 1964 - 50,000+ Americans may not be dead.

I don't think that Obama is a "funny name" and what do you have against hockey mom's?

Are you anti-women?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I think when Romney loses the election that may just be the flash point you are talking about. It may cause the GOP to rethink their relationship with the religious nutjobs that are currently in charge of the party. If the Republicans had nominated someone like Johnson or Huntsman that was more moderate on the social conservative lunacy they would probably be beating Obama right now.
Mitt Romney is rather moderate - if your honest - there is no way that you can accuse him of being an "extremist".

Old 09-28-2012, 09:48 AM

465 posts, read 507,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Mitt Romney is rather moderate - if your honest - there is no way that you can accuse him of being an "extremist".
he's sure went that way to get the nomination and he'll run the next 4 years as an extremist conservative to get re-elected, maybe after that he won't...both parties are going to have to lose some of their bases...before nutjobs on both sides totally ruin this country...aka bush and obama...i really hate it when people make either one of these sound great or better than the other...they're not the litmus test they both brought this country down horribly and i don't see either party changing without being forced to

Old 09-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
The real Romney might be a moderate and would probably be doing better in the polls. However, to win the nomination Romney had to pose as a right wing extremist. The GOP primaries were essentially a contest to see who could be the most extreme social conservative.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:49 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Quote:
I can't quite figure out who Romney is

Ron Paul was my choice and the establishment was afraid of him... That's why we had Santorium and Newt stay in the race so long, they took away time from Ron in the debates and votes in the primary's...

The real Tea Party isn't going away just because boobs like Beohner and the media would like us too...

Im not in a swing state so I will have the satisfaction of knowing I never voted for Romney no matter what happens...

Old 09-28-2012, 09:53 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
I think they should allow him to debate with the other candidates.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The real Romney might be a moderate and would probably be doing better in the polls. However, to win the nomination Romney had to pose as a right wing extremist. The GOP primaries were essentially a contest to see who could be the most extreme social conservative.
I was very interested in the GOP primaries - and i never thought that Mitt Romney went so far as to be an "extremist".

I wanted Rick Santorum to win the GOP nomination.

I I will settle for Mitt Romney.

He is better then President Obama.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
I was very interested in the GOP primaries - and i never thought that Mitt Romney went so far as to be an "extremist".

I wanted Rick Santorum to win the GOP nomination.

I I will settle for Mitt Romney.

He is better then President Obama.
A Rick Santorum supporter is not equipped to recognize right wing extremism. Santorum is the epitome of a religious nutjob right wing extremist. Santorum would like the US government to function as a fundamentalist Christian theocracy akin to an American Taliban.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:24 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
The Vietnam War was a Democratic war - in case you hsve forgotten. If Barry Goldwater had been elected in 1964 - 50,000+ Americans may not be dead.

I don't think that Obama is a "funny name" and what do you have against hockey mom's?

Are you anti-women?
The last true president we had was JFK and he is a Democrats. He was going to end the war, talk to USSR, and Cuba, then he was assassinated. The next one who try to stop the war was Reagan, a Republican. The same power who assassinated JFK almost assassinated Reagan, and since that event, Reagan become a pro war machine and big spender.

If a president truly do good for the country and the people, then it doesn't matter what party they belong to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies