Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 PM

465 posts, read 506,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Gary Johnson is a nice guy but he makes up to many promises to try and win votes.
2nd and this is important YOUR VOTE IS JUST A WASTE IF YOU GO FOR A 3RD PARTY!
If you dont like the 2 party system well heres a though. back a Canidate you like and defeat the incumbent in a primary.
Thats what the Tea Party did. notice how the Republican party moved to the right some because of that?
That rule of thumb can apply to both democrats and republicans.
So again if you want throw your vote away by going 3rd party.
that only applies if you're in a swing state which is very few of the states for example in my state Romney would win if he kicked a 2 year old in the privates and laughed about it...so no i don't have to worry about my vote and many others don't there's only about 10 states that are battleground states so the other 85% of people don't have to worry about who they vote for...and the reason why it worked for Tea Party'ers and wouldn't for moderates is most of the base right now is in the social conservative states so they can't even think about pi**ing them off...but it's gonna cost them in the future which is sad because both parties have good ideas and i don't want to see either party hurt...but if they stay as they are they will be hurt in the long term because most younger people even in the social conservative areas are more and more pro gay marriage for example, so a lot of those people refuse to vote for them...so i think if people vote 3rd party the extremists in both parties will lose their strong holds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 07:00 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,716,855 times
Default A vote for freedom is never wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm in a non-competitive Obama state and will be voting for Johnson. One thing I like about my vote for prez not mattering is that I can vote for a 3rd party without the nagging feeling that I'm throwing my vote away.

By voting for Gary Johnson this time, you help Gary get the 5% needed to qualify Libertarians for Major Party status, which means govt gives him $90M for 2016 & he likely wins as they won't be able to keep him out of polls & debates & he'll have much more money for advertising. Freedom in 2017!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 PM

Default Yes, vote for 2012, he wins 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
...and casting a vote for someone who doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning is going to "change" something?
Yes, if he gets 5% this time, Libertarian Party qualifies for Major Party Status, so he gets $90 million from Feds for 2016 campaign. Lots more advertising & will be in all polls & debates. Plus, many Libertarians are running for Congress & state legislatures this time & Gary will help other LP candidates in 2014 & 2016.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:14 PM

Default Things are changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
unless you're in one of the few battleground states what's it matter, if Romney slapped an infant in the face he'd win in my state, he'd win my county even more, i guarantee you he'll win my county by at least 70% and my state by at least 65% so what's it matter, and there's a lot of dyed-to-the-wool states like that.
Gary Johnson only needs 5% of the 2012 vote for LP to qualify as Major Party & get $90 million for his 2016 campaign & be in all the debates & polls. Then even people who don't look at internet will know about him.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 PM

Default Balanced budget 1st year

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
The president does more than veto. Besides, merely veto bills won't end the federal reserve our bring back the gold standard.
Borrowing or printing up more money to pay our debts won't be necessary, as he will present Congress a balanced budget 1st year. I think that should help save us from a currency collapse.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM

Default Votes for freedom aren't wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Gary Johnson is a nice guy but he makes up to many promises to try and win votes.
2nd and this is important YOUR VOTE IS JUST A WASTE IF YOU GO FOR A 3RD PARTY!
If you dont like the 2 party system well heres a though. back a Canidate you like and defeat the incumbent in a primary.
Thats what the Tea Party did. notice how the Republican party moved to the right some because of that?
That rule of thumb can apply to both democrats and republicans.
So again if you want throw your vote away by going 3rd party.

Most Democrats & Republicans are bought by special interest groups, so they favor the 1%. Tea Party isn't a real party but a movement for low or no taxes. They often don't agree on other issues, like freedom for individuals. Gary Johnson is about freedom of all kinds, not just lower taxes, & cares for the 100% equally. And he is not for sale to special interests, so he won't have to pay back bribers.

Gary Johnson is the #1 candidate to keep us from falling off a fiscal cliff. Balanced budget 1st year.

Obama wants more wars, plus the biggest gift to medical industry ever. Romney wants even more wars, and was praising Big Oil at a debate (is $10 a gallon OK with you?) These things will cost us trillions we don't have, but they think they have to do this things to pay back the bribers. Doesn't matter if we don't like it.

The #1 issue @white house.gov is legalize cannabis ("marijuana"). Under Obama, US attys raided MI MMJ patients, saying they were facing 5 years in prison if their illness doesn't kill them sooner.
Romney says it will never be legal under my presidency. Does he know that it has over 100 medical uses where it sometimes works better than pills? That cannabis oil can cure cancer when standard so-called treatments fail? Does he care? 30% of Americans die from cancer. 25% of Americans are in chronic pain.

Only treatments approved by Dr. Obama & Dr. Romney are allowed. And they won't read medical studies! Gary Johnson has said legalize MJ since 1999. He used it 3 years for pain after falling 50' with broken bones: back, leg, rib. The liars that run our country quote CSA of 1970 very dangerous drug with no medical value. So millions suffer terribly & drop dead early.

A vote for Gary Johnson in 2012 will help him get the 5% needed to for Libertarian Party to qualify as major party. Then Gary will get $90 million from Feds for 2016 campaign & be in all debates & polls.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 PM

Default Johnson vote now=win in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Is he a better option than either Romney or Obama? Yes, absolutely!

Can he win? No way in Hades!

I live in Illinois. That means that no matter who I vote for, I know who my state is voting for. They'll vote for the crook from Chicago overwhelmingly. That means I might just be able to vote my conscience and vote Libertarian. Johnson and the Libertarians are the only party that has a realistic chance of balancing the budget, ending the role of the USA as the world's policeman/bully on the USA's dime, ending our completely failed war on drugs and scaling the federal government back to the size the Constitution intended it to be.

But I will continue to urge anyone not living in New York, California, Illinois or some other automatic win for Obama to vote Romney. Gary Johnson and Ron Paul are right but they can't win yet.

But for now ... Romney isn't a great option, but Obama is beyond terrible. We've got to stop him from wreaking anymore havoc ASAP. Since one of the two is sure to win, go with the one that will do less damage.

I'll agree with you except on that last part. Getting Gary over 5% in this election will qualify LP as Major Party & Gary will get $90 from Feds for his 2016 campaign, be in all debates & polls. He will be helping Libertarians running for Congress in 2014 & 2016. Also, we can vote Libertarian or Green in this election in many states, candidates for Congress, state legislatures & local. Best wishes.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM

7,063 posts, read 8,905,989 times
Dramamama and I have been working our asses off on the Gary Johnson campaign but we need a lot of help to spread the word. We have had ads on WHIO 1290-AM, and a billboard on I75 south in Monroe.

Us at the Warren County fair.

With Gary Johnson at Dave & Buster's.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM

Default A veto can be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Veto is essentially a policy of negativity - which won't get you too far in the long run.

Witness the last four years under President Obama.

Obama's negativity is the reason that Mitt Romney will win 0n 11/6/12.

What if what is being vetoed is corrupt or otherwise wasteful? Gary Johnson is fair, hard-working, honest, kind & smart. He was a very popular 2 term guv of NM. He ran as a Republican in a state that is 2/3 Democrat. Won 1st term, inheriting a deficit. Won 2nd term by a bigger margin. He vetoed or line-itemed 750 bills, cut taxes 14 times, & left the state a billion dollar surplus.

Gary Johnson ran as Republican for President, but the party & debate controllers mostly would not let him in as he did not agree with everything their special interest groups wanted to do to waste taxpayer money.

Gary Johnson doesn't do much mud-slinging, other than stating facts. He is very accessible, anyone can participate in his internet town hall meetings & ask Gary anything. He doesn't know what questions will be asked, no censorship of topics.

Gary Johnson has no hate and wants everyone to have equal rights. He really listens to everybody, and he always sides with the majority. He cares about the 100% equally, so really no need to be hateful, unlike many in Republican Party who probably threw away millions of votes with their list of people who should be hated.

Gary Johnson's VP, retired judge Jim Gray, is also a very kind gentleman. Both can talk about anything with diplomacy. No yelling at people who disagree. Romney kind of blew up when someone asked a question he didn't want to answer. Romney plans to get us in many more wars, & he was praising Big Oil at a debate (is $10 a gallon OK?). But, the choice is yours. Best wishes.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:50 PM

Default Romney favors wiretapping churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Mitt Romney is rather moderate - if your honest - there is no way that you can accuse him of being an "extremist".

Is wiretapping churches pretty moderate? Obama favors this, too. Gary Johnson is against it. Gary wants to get rid of this so-called Patriot Act that allows this.

Romney & Obama favor the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) that says any American can be put in prison for 100 years, without ever being charged with anything. Moderate? Gary Johnson is against this.

Cannabis oil was sold in pharmacies until 1937, when cancer was rare. Now 60% get cancer, cancer kills 30% of all Americans, believed to be caused by 85,000 toxins approved for out air, soil, food & water. Now when we really need cannabis oil, it's illegal to protect the riches of special interests. When Romney was asked about legalizing cannabis, the #1 request to whitehouse.gov/, he said it won't happen under my presidency & was mad, said it was not important. Gary Johnson favors re-legalization.

Gary Johnson does not want all the wars Romney wants, a million or more dead, millions more disabled, at a cost to taxpayers of a few trillion or so we don't have. Gary Johnson says we shouldn't spend what we don't have, that we should try diplomacy & everything else possible before war is seriously considered.

Romney says he wants smaller govt, but more wars. Contradiction? Maybe no govt if all goes for wars?

ISideWith dot com is a fun survey that will show your % of agreement with top 6 presidential candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies