U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2012, 08:03 AM
 
12,436 posts, read 10,852,293 times
Reputation: 3149

Advertisements

Recent poll shows that 2/3 of undecided voters believe in global warming and that it is mostly caused by man.

These undecided voters view of global warming is more in line with Obama's philosophy than Romneys. Another nail in the coffin for Romney's campaign.

The fact is that Romney is just out of touch Independent voters.

US Poll: Undecided voters back more action on climate change - 25 Sep 2012 - News from BusinessGreen
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2012, 08:20 AM
 
14,295 posts, read 8,671,639 times
Reputation: 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Recent poll shows that 2/3 of undecided voters believe in global warming and that it is mostly caused by man.

These undecided voters view of global warming is more in line with Obama's philosophy than Romneys. Another nail in the coffin for Romney's campaign.

The fact is that Romney is just out of touch Independent voters.

US Poll: Undecided voters back more action on climate change - 25 Sep 2012 - News from BusinessGreen
So you think we have dumbed them down enough, eh? You think people are ready for self-inflicted economic wounds, while our enemies around the world exploit our actions and take over the world's economy?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 08:23 AM
 
12,436 posts, read 10,852,293 times
Reputation: 3149
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So you think we have dumbed them down enough, eh? You think people are ready for self-inflicted economic wounds, while our enemies around the world exploit our actions and take over the world's economy?
Yes it is a sad commentary that there is at least 1/3 of ignorant voters that don't believe in global warming. On the glass 2/3 full perspective, it nice to know that the majority of undecided voters have some intelligence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 76,597,778 times
Reputation: 27642
You think trading carbon credits on Wall Street is the answer ?
Japan has been doing it for 10 years and has not decreased their footprint; they now have to buy credits all over the world each year.

You think China is going to give up coal ? You think the emerging nations are going to stop "emerging" and growing ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
5,343 posts, read 14,358,829 times
Reputation: 7760
We've been keeping records on weather trends for 150 years. The earth has been here for BILLIONS of years......billions. We have no idea if an major change is occuring at all...and I can guarantee you that humans can't make a change to the earth's climate. All it will take is 2-3 big volcanic eruptions to spew more CO2 into the atmosphere than humans could ever expect to do.

We know that the earth goes through cycles....land has been under ice several times in the non-recorded past, and totally ice-free....so we know that the climate DOES change There is fossil evidence. It's supposed to change. If we start to mess with it, we will be screwing with something we do NOT understand, and will have horrible effects from it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 PM
 
12,436 posts, read 10,852,293 times
Reputation: 3149
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
We've been keeping records on weather trends for 150 years. The earth has been here for BILLIONS of years......billions. We have no idea if an major change is occuring at all...and I can guarantee you that humans can't make a change to the earth's climate. All it will take is 2-3 big volcanic eruptions to spew more CO2 into the atmosphere than humans could ever expect to do.

We know that the earth goes through cycles....land has been under ice several times in the non-recorded past, and totally ice-free....so we know that the climate DOES change There is fossil evidence. It's supposed to change. If we start to mess with it, we will be screwing with something we do NOT understand, and will have horrible effects from it!
My guess is that you will be voting Republican.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 01:40 PM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,347 posts, read 6,424,688 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Recent poll shows that 2/3 of undecided voters believe in global warming and that it is mostly caused by man.

These undecided voters view of global warming is more in line with Obama's philosophy than Romneys. Another nail in the coffin for Romney's campaign.

The fact is that Romney is just out of touch Independent voters.

US Poll: Undecided voters back more action on climate change - 25 Sep 2012 - News from BusinessGreen

EPA emission standards may rule out coal power plants - Los Angeles Times

Emissions limits, greater fuel efficiency for cars, light trucks made official

For all of us greenies out here, all of this talk about reducing emissions, taking action, and implementation will take a long time.
There is strong opposition to advocates of clean air and water.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM
 
12,436 posts, read 10,852,293 times
Reputation: 3149
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
EPA emission standards may rule out coal power plants - Los Angeles Times

Emissions limits, greater fuel efficiency for cars, light trucks made official

For all of us greenies out here, all of this talk about reducing emissions, taking action, and implementation will take a long time.
There is strong opposition to advocates of clean air and water.
The largest opposition is industry based because they have a financial interest in showing that humans can't cause climate change.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 29,961,830 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You think trading carbon credits on Wall Street is the answer ?
Japan has been doing it for 10 years and has not decreased their footprint; they now have to buy credits all over the world each year.

You think China is going to give up coal ? You think the emerging nations are going to stop "emerging" and growing ?
I'm pretty sure that Business Green could manage a poll that would say the opposite of what you said. I got a kick out of that poll from Business Green. Would they have published it if their "poll" had said anything less than what they wanted to hear? Who even knows what the requirements to be in the polled group were.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 29,961,830 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The largest opposition is industry based because they have a financial interest in showing that humans can't cause climate change.
Can any of your sources prove what you spew about other than with their managed findings? Well at least they have real scientists on their side. Right??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:18 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top