Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Obama did say, "they had to seat in the back seat".........that means "get in and shut up"!!!

Nothing like seating in the back seat to be ran off the cliff.........kind of like bringing a gun instead of a knife to the party..........
I googled that quote and nothing popped up....strange that google couldn't find that quote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 AM

59 posts, read 45,526 times
I honestly have no clue what will happen, what I hope will happen is that he will stop working with the extremists in the republican party and that many of them get the boot after this year. I can hope that this bs war on drugs ends, I hope that obama and the DOJ will come to their senses and stop prosecuting whistle blowers. I would like for him to stop with the "unmanned drone signature strikes" that are going on right now in the middle east. I would find it rather refreshing if he were really a liberal democrat instead of a Blue dog democrat. He's continuing the failed policies of bush, HIS GRAND BARGAIN I hope fails, I would hope we would get some real reform in our student loan crisis as well as a real fix to the financial regulatory industry. I want to hope the re-reinstatement of glass steagall which I know won't come about.

The repeal of Citizens united, and to reform the mess that is lobbying.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:08 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Default Obama's second term

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What do you think Obama's second term will look like?
Flexible

With more of this...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...oring-law.html
Quote:
On his first full day in office, President Barack Obama ordered federal officials to “usher in a new era of open government” and “act promptly” to make information public.

As Obama nears the end of his term, his administration hasn’t met those goals, failing to follow the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act, according to an analysis of open-government requests filed by Bloomberg News.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,445 times
How about Eric Holder, Chief "Justice" SCOTUS....

Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
-gun grabbing
-massive layoffs
-stock and bond markets crash
-food and oil prices skyrocket
-greek style riots
-drone strikes on Tea Partiers
Yep, this sounds like a typical CD response to this question, thanks Early, you couldn't of given a better post.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, this sounds like a typical CD response to this question, thanks Early, you couldn't of given a better post.
I didn't even get to secession and civil war...

Old 09-28-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
I didn't even get to secession and civil war...
Oh yes, I forgot, Obama is going to lead his muslim army in to conquer America.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:18 AM

987 posts, read 1,385,676 times
If reelected, can Obama possibly reduce the trillions he has already added to the national debt? Now that would be an achievement before and after his 2nd term has ended!
If there's even a 2nd term!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:23 AM

89 posts, read 149,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
If reelected, can Obama possibly reduce the trillions he has already added to the national debt? Now that would be an achievement before and after his 2nd term has ended!
If there's even a 2nd term!
Spent less than Bush, and he did it bailing out an economy.

And almost all republicans voted in favor of the bailout.

And it worked.

But OK.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
Americans will pay for more games of golf and hobnobbing wit the rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies