Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 01:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Four more years of listening to my RWNJ friends shrieking that the sky is falling and replying to those mindless forwarded chain emails about Obama honoring Hanoi Jane as woman of the year[sic].
Christ did he do that too? I hate that beech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So to ask a serious question - what will Mitt Romney's first term be like?
That idea isn't exactly friendly. But I hope the first thing he does is fix national GUN LAW. I am sick of state laws that infringe where and what i can do armed.

Living in NH is like living behind the Iron Curtain. Mr. Romney Tear down that WALL!

Old 09-29-2012, 01:58 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Christ did he do that too? I hate that beech
Oh STOP IT Mac! It wasn't Obama, it was Barbara Walters. And it was back in 1999. The most recent version I got of that chestnut is that Barbara Walters was condemning Barack Obama for wanting to honor Jane Fonda as on of the 100 Women of the Year. And the email came from the same guy who had sent me the previous version of the same BS.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:58 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Good question! IF Obama is re-elected: All of the following have come out of Obama's own mouth, the Federal Reserve or predicted by the GOA: Higher taxes for all, including the middle class. High unemployment continuing through at least 2013. The panels will be in place to decide what will and will not be covered. No one knows the extent the panels will go since no one really knows how Obamacare will be implemented, but the rules will change as it goes into 2014.

Cap and trade will be in place, causing very high electricity bills for Americans. Recession in 2013. More of the Muslim Brotherhood will be visiting the Whitehouse. Continuing foreclosures. All coal mines shut down in order for Obama to keep his promise to the EPA. Sweeping amnesty for all illegal immigrants and their families who will come to join them. No budget will be passed and implemented for 2013, and probably 2014.

Very senior citizens will try to learn to live on pain medication since Obama said they would no longer get important surgeries such as pacemakers and would be given a pain pill instead. End of life care will take on a different meaning--to a level we don't yet know. They'll sure be getting free colonoscopies, though, if what Biden is saying is true.

My own thoughts: In about one year, possibly into the second, bumper stickers will come out that say, "Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Romney." Americans will put even more Republicans into the House and Senate. Obama will have an extremely low approval rating, but will be playing lots of golf. To be fair, most Presidents have lower approval ratings in the second term.

We will likely experience at least one or two more credit downgrades. Obama said $9 Trillion in debt was un-American in 2008. Somehow, this level will be acceptable to Obama and his ardent supporters.

ALexus will start posting in 2015 that Obama should change the Constitution and be made King, and that we will all enjoy his kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What do you think Obama's second term will look like?

Old 09-29-2012, 04:00 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times
He won't have one- I hope.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Oh STOP IT Mac! It wasn't Obama, it was Barbara Walters. And it was back in 1999. The most recent version I got of that chestnut is that Barbara Walters was condemning Barack Obama for wanting to honor Jane Fonda as on of the 100 Women of the Year. And the email came from the same guy who had sent me the previous version of the same BS.
Well you know i ain't gittin any younger. I seem to tend to forgit things but i won't forget Jane or her daddy over on that Golden Pond!

I recall Barbara, but i can't recall her french persuasion, or what esle she thought. I am not over fond of that Dianne Sawyer much though as she is getting to be kinda red around the edges and I don't mean any repub red either. To be clear she seems a bit too fond of the Obana feller to suit me.

For this Govt we have a let of war dead that get no respect... Don't take my word for it of course but ask Joe Biden who he has allowed to fill in his land fill over in Delaware!

IMO this govt isn't worth the loss of one of our boys at the point we have come to.

I had the idea Obana was going to get us all home and out of Afghanistan........ i see that isn't a high priority of his over a good game of golf any way any more.

It causes me to wonder if he will ever get the jist of what the job of President IS, and he ain't got it yet.

I think he should have spent more time in Africa being a gun bearer for a white man, so he could have had some more education on what would be expected as a laborer in a job which even being the pres is... I mean one must at least be able to master a solemn look on one's face in the presence of the Queen and not be bending over that way tryin' to up skirt her!
That was shocking!

How we ever managed to elect a Jr Sentator no one ever heard of with only 176 days in his new office is well past my ability to fathom. But even before that all happened i could see plain off it was gonna be nuthin'; but trouble.

Why that lad ain't hardly old enough to know who jane was..... I find it too bad he was ever exposed to 'mousey tongue' (go search that! LOL )

Old 09-29-2012, 04:56 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Worse than the first.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM

215 posts, read 307,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
If he gets a Democratic majority in the House, he'll be active and get some things accomplished. If the GOP retains control of the House, it'll be four more years of gridlock and Republican obstructionism, coupled to economic stagnation.
Of course, blame in on the Republicans...Obama is the POTUS, the boss...he needs to learn to work with (R) and man-up! Instead he blames everyone else, when he should be taking responsibility. He even stated, if I do fix thinks--knowing he was inheriting a mess--he would be a one-term president! Farewell, Obama!!!

Old 09-29-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me in RI View Post
Of course, blame in on the Republicans...Obama is the POTUS, the boss...he needs to learn to work with (R) and man-up! Instead he blames everyone else, when he should be taking responsibility. He even stated, if I do fix thinks--knowing he was inheriting a mess--he would be a one-term president! Farewell, Obama!!!
You think we could get Elton John to make him a song for his way out? Maybe to the tune of that norma jean tune he did huh?

Old 09-29-2012, 05:09 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I'm asking you.
Asking me what?

The question you asked yourself?

Why would you do that, tool?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies