Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:19 AM

89 posts, read 149,557 times

Advertisements

Polls now join the ranks of most books, science (general), college, and critical thinking as part of the liberal conspiracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:20 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
I find it extremely entertaining and can't stop laughing at them. I mean they're so deep into denial they're now claiming even Fox and Rasmussen (both extremely right wing polling groups) are secretly in the bag for Obama and are deliberately skewing polls. BTW polling companies get paid for being right, folks buy this information from them, and if they're not right then people stop buying it from them so it's not like they're going to risk the future of their entire business by playing favorites. Romney really is going down in the polls, Obama really is pulling ahead, the number of people self identifying as Democrats really is going up, and the number of people self identify as Republicans really is going down. The Republicans are been so crazy and so extreme lots of people really are switching parties or at least changing to independents.

No amount of poppycock claims about dozens of pollsters secretly being in a vast conspiracy is going to change those facts nor will it change what happens on Nov 6th. Sure, the RWNJ can lie to themselves for now and hide in a delusional state but they won't be able to do that any more come election day.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:23 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove28 View Post
Polls now join the ranks of most books, science (general), college, and critical thinking as part of the liberal conspiracy.
Pretty sad, isn't it? I mean there is no end to how deep their denial runs.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:28 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I find it extremely entertaining and can't stop laughing at them. I mean they're so deep into denial they're now claiming even Fox and Rasmussen (both extremely right wing polling groups) are secretly in the bag for Obama and are deliberately skewing polls. BTW polling companies get paid for being right, folks buy this information from them, and if they're not right then people stop buying it from them so it's not like they're going to risk the future of their entire business by playing favorites. Romney really is going down in the polls, Obama really is pulling ahead, the number of people self identifying as Democrats really is going up, and the number of people self identify as Republicans really is going down. The Republicans are been so crazy and so extreme lots of people really are switching parties or at least changing to independents.

No amount of poppycock claims about dozens of pollsters secretly being in a vast conspiracy is going to change those facts nor will it change what happens on Nov 6th. Sure, the RWNJ can lie to themselves for now and hide in a delusional state but they won't be able to do that any more come election day.

It was AXELROD that claimed Gallup was skewing their polls to make Obama look bad.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Michael Tomasky: 'Nobody's Rigging Anything'

Michael Tomasky: 'Nobody's Rigging Anything' - The Daily Beast

Old 09-28-2012, 12:03 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Lightbulb How bad is it when the neocons deny polls?

It seems that what the Pubs are doing is they're trying to make it look closer than the polls are indicating in order to keep GOP voters from becoming discouraged and staying home instead of voting.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow View Post
I have watched every neocons from Stewie Verney to Hannity try to dismiss polls as skewed and then use some fat blogger who says they just don't look right and "unskew them" LOL how bad do things have to be to use this line of logic or lack of it?

As voting is under way in many states I think it will be so damn funny to watch the neocons heads explode if Obama wins. LOL ITS THE END OF THE WORLD.
Why should we go through the bother of an election, right? Why not just declare Obama president for life and move on?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...eptember-1980/

Back in 1980 Gallup had Jimmy Carter up over Ronald Reagan by 4 points in mid to late September… And, Carter was up 8 points in October. In fact there was a published Gallup poll showing Carter up six among likely voters in a poll conducted Oct. 24 to 27.

Ronald Reagan ended up winning by 9 points and taking 44 states.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove28 View Post
A conservative from Australia that I communicate with said the term university when he was calling out the things that liberals pick up in college. I guess many of their text books and most of the professors are of the liberal bent and sure enough polls are being skewed in a number of ways since the day the Obama campaign through David Axelrod told them to clean up their act and immediately they started showing Obama way ahead. No the libs wouldn't play a game like that!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post

Have you been paying a lot of attention to the Rasmussen polls? I guess you don't know that they fluctuate from day to day, they do theirs daily, and neither man has been more than a couple of points ahead of the other. I guess you don't manage to see Rasmussen daily but you know what they say and which lean they have.

Did you hear about David Axelrod threatening Gallup if they didn't get better results? I guess you missed that one too.

Do you not know that pollsters don't mind showing the numbers they are paid to show? Maybe that is why Rasmussen is always the closest to the truth at the end.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:51 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Polls are useful tools for the candidates and their teams, but the it's foolish for the general public to be debating poll results. Does anyone base their vote on where the candidates stand going into an election?

No and they are easily manipulated. Been polled many times myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies