Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,481 times

Advertisements

With some exception, the media works for the Democratic Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Pat Caddell is an objective and honest man. Of course he has his political perspective, but he's honest about what he sees in both parties. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and speaking with him on a few occasions and found him to be very interesting and thoughtful. He is very concerned with the future of the country for his grandchildren and sees little change coming from either party - which he has called "the corrupt party and the stupid party." I wish he had a bigger platform than he does.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have never really liked Caddells politics but he is honest.
I love to watch Caddell when he gets on with Megyn Kelly, Hannity and Greta Susteren because he just tells things as they are. He was one of the first people I heard talking about how the media has slanted their polls the past three weeks or so.

When he was on talking about the Libyan thing he was on the side of all the Fox people right from the start. We still hear nothing about what happened there from any of the alphabet TV people except from Jake Tapper. Fox was saying from the start what the real story was. Obama swore that the FBI would find out what happened in a short while but not one FBI man has set foot in Libya yet.

The President and his lame stream media are holding the story back trying to figure out how to lie his way out of his early lies about the video, which is a story that is told differently from one place to another from the administration people. Not one of the media people has mentioned the way that our ambassador to the UN lied on five different talk shows the Sunday after it happened. She had a time lying on Fox News Sunday but stayed with her lie clear through it. I wonder how many people who know the truth now will ever believe anything she says again.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have never really liked Caddells politics but he is honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Pat Caddell is an objective and honest man. Of course he has his political perspective, but he's honest about what he sees in both parties. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and speaking with him on a few occasions and found him to be very interesting and thoughtful. He is very concerned with the future of the country for his grandchildren and sees little change coming from either party - which he has called "the corrupt party and the stupid party." I wish he had a bigger platform than he does.
pat caddell, like dick morris, are more conservative than their party affiliations indicate. they are both also quite knowledgeable and honest with their opinions. in fact i think that bob beckle is more conservative than he lets on as well.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
pat caddell, like dick morris, are more conservative than their party affiliations indicate. they are both also quite knowledgeable and honest with their opinions. in fact i think that bob beckle is more conservative than he lets on as well.
Pat Caddell is a traditional Democrat. He has openly stated that he did not leave the party but the party left him. When you stand for beliefs first and not party, that can happen.

I think Morris is an idiot.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. This is especially true with over the air TV stations. My area had stations that broadcast all 3 major networks for decades, and Fox and PBS were added later. The digital conversion allowed at least 5 other networks, some only available on cable earlier, to be broadcast.

But all of the stations, which were once either locally or regionally owned, were bought up by larger broadcast companies, and some of them ran into deep financial trouble, even though the local ad market was doing fine.
Now, the oldest of the local stations, the one that first broadcast television to my end of the state, is now just a shell. It has been a CBS affiliate since the first, from 1954, but even though it is still being broadcast as a separate entity, a former competitor does the broadcasting.

When once it had the largest news department in the region, now it is down to only two people, and they use the same material that their former competitor writes. So we are getting the same take and editorial point of view on both stations. I think, that in time, both those lonely guys will be gone. Only the background screen will be different when the news comes on.

Fox, as an independent entity, has done the same. Fox never had a local news staff. All their news came from the 3rd competitor in the market.

This is not the way news should be reported. To get truly objective reporting requires many views on an event, and I fear this type of strange consolidation will only get worse, both on over the air and on cable and satellite TV.

The lack of differing viewpoints really affects me, as I grew disgusted with the price and choices of cable years ago and disconnected my cable service. Satellite TV appears to be just the same as cable to me, so I only receive over the air broadcasts now.
When you said Fox I wondered what you were talking about since I have FoxNews on all day every day and they told the story just as the White House is admitting from the start. Of course, most people don't really understand that Fox News is not the same as your local Fox stations, at all. Maybe you ought to watch more Fox News and less local news. Not at night since that is when the heavy right leaners are on. Try it some time if you can get Fox News.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Feels like a dictatorship has taken over the media.. pushing for Obama and ripping Romney. When a communist is in office and in control the media is also.. hummmm..
Yeahhhhhhhhhh. It is much like that these days but those people will be forced to do a better job, especially if their hero doesn't win.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
With some exception, the media works for the Democratic Party.
Jake Tapper? He goes out of ABC land now and then and is always right.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
You sound like you watch Fox a lot and when you throw Bob Beckle in you give yourself away. I feel sorry four him on the Five because I think he is hired to be the token right arguer on that show. However, you watch him on Hannity and he is the same.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You sound like you watch Fox a lot and when you throw Bob Beckle in you give yourself away. I feel sorry four him on the Five because I think he is hired to be the token right arguer on that show. However, you watch him on Hannity and he is the same.
so i watch fox news, big deal. i dont judge the messenger, i judge the message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies