Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yup the tinman and me are off to see the wizard om the yellow brick road....

One dead flying evil monkey thing down, hoping for more.

Get It, we don't care what criminals do to themselves. When they take themselves out it costs us less, and prevents any possibility people like YOU will get them released forever!

In this way these predators you on the left love so well, will never again be predators.

WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU THINK EITHER.
Pretty much. My ability to sympathize with a criminal ends when they commit a violent act.
I reserve my sympathy for the victims. The ones who suffered at the hands of the criminal. I can even sympathize with the family of the criminal who is forced to live with the legacy the criminal created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 08:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Millions of people watch on hundreds of TV channels, two hijacked planes of terrorists flying into buildings. We watched people jumping from the 80th floor. We watched two of the tallest buildings in the world collapse and killing 2800 people ON LIVE TV. No one complains.
A helocopter and a camera person have live coverage, feed is live to TV stations of a car chase, the driver gets out of the car and shoots himself in the head and people are outraged and Shepard Smith apologizes for showing it. Who the hell is he for apologizing for showing something happening live on TV? Should the feed have been cut when the driver got out of the car? took a gun from his waist band? lifted his hand? placed the gun to his head? pulled the trigger?
Are the complainers on here just complaining because it was 'Fox News?
Little Sheppie is a wus. First, he had a hissy fit. Then he apologized. Wussie boy.

And isn't it funny how many people who never watch Fox saw it.

It's no mystery why Fox is far and away #1! Everybody is watching Fox. Even those who never watch it.

The truth has a funny way of coming out.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:08 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Bummer if you think my reaction denotes me needing to get out more...wow.you are saying alot about yourself, actually most of you are on here. IF this wasnt a big deal Fox would have never apologized. No I have never seen such a thing, and Fox did the right thing by giving an apology. The dramatic apology was well deserved. I read somewhere that it was watched live at some offices while people were working, and they got sick as a result. So because you may be calloused based on your life experiences it doesnt make anyone elses life experiences better or less than. I am over it now, because someone made a great a reference about NFL replacements. So give me a break.....really its not that serious
With all due respect, Chica_Bella, you have every right to call me "calloused" if you prefer, however . . .

Nowadays, anyone who becomes physically sick from watching that relatively mild car chase ending is blatantly OVERREACTING and definitely needs to GET OUT MORE.

Granted it was a tragic ending, or possibly a blessing in disguise, but what was actually televised on FoxNews was extremely mild by comparison to much of the stuff on TV and in the movies today.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
With all due respect, Chica_Bella, you have every right to call me "calloused" if you prefer, however . . .

Nowadays, anyone who becomes physically sick from watching that relatively mild car chase ending is blatantly OVERREACTING and definitely needs to GET OUT MORE.

Granted it was a tragic ending, or possibly a blessing in disguise, but what was actually televised on FoxNews was extremely mild by comparison to much of the stuff on TV and in the movies today.
I wonder. Did Chica become physically ill when cnn showed the beheadings?
How about when CNN shows looters. Gang bangers?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Fox News shows man shoot himself in his head Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
OMG i was just watching Fox News with Shepard Smith, Live and they were covering a car chase and the man ran out of the car in the middle of NO where in Arizona and the pulls a gun to his head and shot himself dead...LIVE on tv...

Fox news didnt get to pull the feed before the man did it, Shepard smith came back on and apologized but I have NEVER seen such a thing..I feel sick to my stomach to have been subjected to seeing a criminal commit suicide on Fox News. I normally dont watch Fox, but I wanted to see what they were saying about the elections and then I am subjected to this....#garbage
Maybe it is time you realize what is going on in the world. This actually happens many times a day, maybe not a suicide, but someone getting shot. If not in some ghetto, then in the outskirts of a Mexican town, or worse than this happening to some of our military personnel. It is a fact of life in these times.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Attn: OP

If this was too much for you, you best not go see the movie Loopers. You will likely walkout after the first 10 minutes.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
I watched the video and honestly it didn't phase me. I was expecting something graphic given some of the reactions. But I may be ruined as the combo of my morbid curiosity and the internet has desensitized me to just about anything. I made the mistake of watching the Dagestan massacre a few years back and I will never be the same. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Bummer it was just so unexpected. I was relaxing and then saw that, I just didnt expect that to happen. I dont watch many car chases, and the ones i have watched didnt end like this. For the one who asked about the behadings, NO i didnt watch that NOR what I want to. I prefer not to watch violent films or movies. I didnt like the recent batman movie, too violent and with the masacre surrounding it, just way too much. Everyone reacts differently to things. Perhaps you may have been exposed to alot of grotesque things. At first I thought why the hell is the man running like that and i was laughing because he was pullin up his pants and running through grass then he stopped and shot himself dead. I am over now, but I was very shocked the hour it happened. And I have taken your comments to light respectively. Thank you

Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,816,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You don't have to watch people shoot themselves in the head. In fact volunteering to work at a hospice is a much better way to acquaint yourself with death.
I found a 16 year kid laying face down in a ditch dead with his shoes on the road after a hit and run. You don't have to tell me. That's just the nice parts of my life. You don't want to know the rest.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
I didn't read pages 3-16 of this thread, but has anyone mentioned "animals" or "Obama's America" yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies