Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Just crossed my mind that I have not heard anyone refer to Obama as an elitist now that Romney is on the scene. I wonder why that is???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,174,118 times
.......Right.

Because it's so damn "salt of the earth" to party at a 40k/plate dinner with Jay-Z and Beyonce.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:40 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
Actually Santorum called Obama an elitist a couple months ago for having the crazy idea that poor kids should go to college too. an you believe the nerve of Obama, wanting those people to make something of themselves? "President Obama wants everyone to go to college. What a Snob"

Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube

Lol Romney is too busy talking about his wife's planes, their race horses, his elevator for his cars etc etc to remember he is battling for middle class, down on their luck voters.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:41 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,179,691 times
Obama is just as much part of the "elite" as Romney is, just a different part of it.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:44 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
.......Right.

Because it's so damn "salt of the earth" to party at a 40k/plate dinner with Jay-Z and Beyonce.
Your statement is nonsensical...he's the POTUS running for re-election against the dark money Super PACS that contribute to Romney, but that is besides the point. I repeat...No one has called the POTUS an elitist since Romney. Why is that?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your statement is nonsensical...he's the POTUS running for re-election against the dark money Super PACS that contribute to Romney, but that is besides the point. I repeat...No one has called the POTUS an elitist since Romney. Why is that?
Nonsensical? In what regard? Are you aware of how much money the Obama campaign has compared to Romney's? What is more, you liberals whine about how much money the super pac's fly in...just yesterday Soros' just threw a cool million at the campaign. So don't give me that crap when Obama and Soros are the very definition of limo liberals.

But...I'll bite anyway. I'm going to guess that it has something to do with how sucessful Mitt Romney is and the fact that aside from the presidency Obama hasn't held down a real job for more than 4 years. By comparision I guess he looks pretty crappy afterall doesn't he?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:57 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
Let's see.

Last presidential election the GOP ran a military guy and a soccer mom with lipstick against a Harvard educated lawyer and a Syracuse educated lawyer.

We still have the Harvard and Syracuse guys, but the GOP has swapped out the presidential candidate for one that has not one but TWO post-graduate degrees from Harvard and has never seen the inside of a public school. It doesn't help that his running mate is an outdoorsy athletic type who has actually flipped burgers. If anyone calls the Dem ticket "elite" they will be a laughingstock.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:04 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,603 times
When your candidate insults 47% of the population, it gets really tough to put the elitist label on the other side. They don't come much more elitist than Mitt Romney.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:06 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
Especially not when the candidate's wife runs her mouth about "you people" and the "chattering class."

Old 09-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Let's see.

Last presidential election the GOP ran a military guy and a soccer mom with lipstick against a Harvard educated lawyer and a Syracuse educated lawyer.

We still have the Harvard and Syracuse guys, but the GOP has swapped out the presidential candidate for one that has not one but TWO post-graduate degrees from Harvard and has never seen the inside of a public school. It doesn't help that his running mate is an outdoorsy athletic type who has actually flipped burgers. If anyone calls the Dem ticket "elite" they will be a laughingstock.
Why does being intelligent and successful denote elitism? So far thats what i'm getting from the content of this thread.

Romney is smart and makes a lot of money so he must be an elitist.

Really?

Obama is smart and makes a ton of cash too...he hangs out with George Clooney and Leo...He parties with Jay-Z and Beyonce...He hosts 40k/plate fundraisers...He has an Ivy league law degree...he taught law at an Ivy league school (which is enough to make someone an elitist on it's own)....he had a VERY nice house in hyde park...........

I'm sorry you'll have to excuse me if I see an elitist there. I'm not saying Romney isn't....but Obama is too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies