Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My opinion is, right now, a number of the Mexican cartels are probably the most organized, well-funded, vicious criminal organizations that we’ve ever seen,” said Riley.

Right now, at least three major Mexican cartels are fighting for control of billions of dollars worth of marijuana, cocaine and heroin in Chicago. That includes the ruthless Zetas and the powerful Sinaloa cartel, run by Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, arguably the most wanted man in North America, and perhaps the entire world.

However, the influence of drug cartels is seemingly overlooked repeatedly by the media when it reports on Chicago’s crime rate and rampant drug-related violence.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dea-...on-the-border/

Sounds like my home town is in a lot of trouble. This mess has the makings of a return to the Al Capone days. I wonder what Rahm plans on doing about this mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 05:41 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Someone should make Rahm an offer that he can't refuse.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:46 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,976,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
DEA Agent Jack Riley: Mexican Drug Cartels Are Embedded in Chicago | TheBlaze.com

Sounds like my home town is in a lot of trouble. This mess has the makings of a return to the Al Capone days. I wonder what Rahm plans on doing about this mess.
This is one reason I still support the "drug war" to some extent. These narco-gangs are a huge threat to national security. As far as direct threats on the US I'd rank them higher than Islamic terrorism. I wish we'd stop worrying so much about middle eastern borders and pay attention to the threats at our own border.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:00 PM

629 posts, read 771,310 times
The drug war created this mess, you have cause and effect backwards. What came first the chicken or the egg, that sort of thing

eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
This is one reason I still support the "drug war" to some extent. These narco-gangs are a huge threat to national security. As far as direct threats on the US I'd rank them higher than Islamic terrorism. I wish we'd stop worrying so much about middle eastern borders and pay attention to the threats at our own border.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,976,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
The drug war created this mess, you have cause and effect backwards. What came first the chicken or the egg, that sort of thing

eh
I agree we need to reevaluate how we think about drug usage and I think for most drug offenders rehabilitation would be better than prison. However these drug cartels are very dangerous and they extend beyond the realm of drugs. Ruthless pursuit, apprehension, and prosecution are needed. These narco-gangs are ruthless and don't hesitate to murder whole families if someone "snitches."

Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I agree we need to reevaluate how we think about drug usage and I think for most drug offenders rehabilitation would be better than prison. However these drug cartels are very dangerous and they extend beyond the realm of drugs. Ruthless pursuit, apprehension, and prosecution are needed. These narco-gangs are ruthless and don't hesitate to murder whole families if someone "snitches."
And they gravitate to the sanctuary cities no less. Austin has become a distribution hub.
Those KNOWN border checkpoints coming north of the border are well known and well avoided cause the drugs are still getting here.
Cartels use Austin as a drug hub, officials say | www.statesman.com

Old 09-28-2012, 07:18 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
DEA Agent Jack Riley: Mexican Drug Cartels Are Embedded in Chicago | TheBlaze.com

Vast majority of the kilings in Chicago are linked to local gang members who were born and raised in Chicago. I live in Chicago, I know.

Vast majority of the shootings occur on the West and South Side, territory of Gangster Disciple Nation, Vice Lord, New Breeds, etc... Not exactly Mexican drug cartels.

The thread is bunk

Most of the killings are in the ghetto, so needless to say Rahm will do nothing.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Vast majority of the kilings in Chicago are linked to local gang members who were born and raised in Chicago. I live in Chicago, I know.

Vast majority of the shootings occur on the West and South Side, territory of Gangster Disciple Nation, Vice Lord, New Breeds, etc... Not exactly Mexican drug cartels.

The thread is bunk

Most of the killings are in the ghetto, so needless to say Rahm will do nothing.
So you think maybe this is blown out of proportion to point the finger at Mexican drug cartels for all the violent crimes ? That would sound plausible and get the heat off the city officials.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

The thread is bunk

Rahm don't care about ghetto folk?

Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 PM

861 posts, read 1,249,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Someone should make Rahm an offer that he can't refuse.
He's in discussions with Eric Holder as we speak. Fast & Furious 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies