Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:12 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,297,417 times

Advertisements

Is Israel truly afraid that Iran plans on anhilliating Israel and the Jewish ethnicity from earth or is it merely a cover used as justification for war, so they will benefit economically?

I suppose my question could be a suppressed correlative falacy...I think. Sorry, I wikid that, and when I took logic in college, I came to school high everyday like a dumbass, so I got a C.

I didn't take out loans though, but I am a vet, so I'm sorry for wasting your money. I'm trying to change things.

Anyway, I understand that the US benefits if Israel raises issues about Iran in regards to their nuclear weapons program, which I've learned is nonexistant, but how does Israel benefit from the US?

Israel doesn't have a global currency, so what difference does it make what currency other countries trade their commodities in? Why would it affect Israel?

I have read that Israel has "saved" the US from being attacked by the Russians due to having strategically placed nuclear weapons inside of Russia and forcing the Russians to back down, but I don't know how valid my source was, so I suppose it was nothing more than a conspiracy.

I've also heard that Israel has developed sophisticated weapons that would make nuclear weapons obsolete. From what I understand, Israel ascertained this knowledge from scientists that managed to defect from the former Soviet Union. Is there any truth to any of this?

Anyway, if anybody could answer these questions, I'd would be gracious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,949,955 times
If Israel takes out Iran...good for them, and good for the entire world. Iran is a menace to everyone. Why do you think Iran's nuclear program in "non-existant"???? They are trying to develope weapons to kill us...and anyone who disagrees with them. And yes...Iran HATES Jews and Israel...and the U.S., too.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
If Israel takes out Iran...good for them, and good for the entire world. Iran is a menace to everyone. Why do you think Iran's nuclear program in "non-existant"???? They are trying to develope weapons to kill us...and anyone who disagrees with them. And yes...Iran HATES Jews and Israel...and the U.S., too.
I'm not sure if they have a nuclear program or not, but in regards to a nuclear weapons program, I believe it's non-existant because reasonable people with exceptional knowledge have informed people, including me, that it isn't by putting forth a strong argument that supported their claims.

They could be wrong. They could have their own agendas. I don't know. I just want different viewpoints, so I can disseminate between fact and fiction.

Last edited by Del Boy; 09-28-2012 at 09:37 PM..

Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,444,122 times
Quote:
Iran hasn't started a war since around 1820. The Jews who live in Iran are represented in its parliament and are generally rather patriotic.

They hate Israel and the U.S., that is true. They have lots and lots of reasons to.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 10 hours ago)

43,380 posts, read 44,098,420 times
Israel is truly worried that Iran will make good on its threats to destroy Israel should Iran have nuclear weapon capacity.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Israel is truly worried that Iran will make good on its threats to destroy Israel should Iran have nuclear weapon capacity.
By no means am I an expert, but agencies as well as people who have intricate knowledge of things nuclear have stated that Iran does not have the infrastructure nor the means or mechanism for creating viable nuclear weapons.

Also, many people may not know this, but there is a Jewish community within Iran, and they also represent a portion of parliament. If I Iran isn't massacring their own Jewish people, why would their intentions be to massacre foreign Jewish people?

Perhaps they are just against the Zionist movement, which is not the same thing.

I don't know, but these are questions I imagine people should be asking themselves. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be poor and broke. I already spent time living in a dilapidated house with boarded up windows, and unsafe structural damage and no heating nor A/C, with drug dealers and homeless people walking the street, and the lights from a helicopter waking you up in the middle of the night some nights.

I don't want to go back to that lifestyle. I would like to have medical insurance and the ability to travel, and maybe a view of the ocean or mountains or anything besides the plains, but that may never be feasible.

Regardless, if people are entitled to anything, it's the truth.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 AM

20,599 posts, read 19,259,253 times
We already overthrew the Iranian government and are currently enjoying the results.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 AM

20,599 posts, read 19,259,253 times
Quote:
They are a menace to everyone? Which country have they invaded?
we..
* overthrew their democratically elected government
* bombed them in false flag operations
* propped up a dictator
* funded and supported their enemy Iraq who invaded them
* isolated them politically
* isolated them economically

The only thing they ever did to us is sack our embassy in reaction to destroying their government and installing a dictator.

If Iran hated Jews, why don't they kill their own Jews?

If Israel Attacked, Iranian Jews In The U.S. Have No Doubt: Choose Israel

Should they like them?
Shayna Moh, 24, a Persian Jew who was born in the U.S., summed up succinctly what much of her community is feeling. "It feels weird," she said. "It's like my background versus my culture. I wouldn't like having to choose."

But when it comes down to it, "Yes, of course I would support Israel," Moh said. "I'm Jewish. My religion is more important."

Should I like some American expat who would say of course I support the enemies of the US? Maybe I should not mind Mexican Americans acting like a 5th columnist for Mexican interests?

Iran ,as far as I know, isn't anti Jew in particular. However I'd certainly understand given the openly spoken conflicted loyalties. Why would any Iranian trust these people? Why would we complain having put Japanese in camps ourselves. Did Iran put them in camps like we did to our citizens?

They are anti Zionist. Zionist belief to me is pretty simple. Its the believe that Jews have a right to posses land by any means necessary because the God of their religion loves them so special no matter what crimes they commit? Even their own religion describes that they were invaders in the land.

The brain washing...

Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,629,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
They are a menace to everyone? Which country have they invaded?
...The brain washing...
They are not a menace by invasion. They are a menace by instigation. They arm Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas. They are now sending soldiers into Syria to aid Assad. They create front companies and transfer cash through small banks to aid their agenda and fund mini attacks around the world. No matter what rhetoric they spew, their agenda is global domination and not Islamization. Israel is a misdirection meant as a distraction. If Mecca and Medina were not in Saudia Arabia, their agenda would be to blow them up first. Because with them gone, Iran becomes globally more powerful because of oil.

The US needs to realize the only to deflate them is to stop the cash flow to OPEC. We need to get out of this mindset of them using up their oil first, then we'll start using more of ours. If we need to sacrifice one US state to save the whole country, then so be it. Its not a political issue, its survival. What do you think the Arab countries are thinking as their reserves dwindle? Do you think they are ready to become as powerless as Egypt or do they have an underlying agenda that really has nothing to do with Israel. Because if were truly Islamization or Arabization then Kurdistan would be a country already and there would be no need for the PKK. But instead numerous kurds are killed daily by Muslims and it doesn't even make into the middle of a newspaper.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,268,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Is Israel truly afraid that Iran plans on anhilliating Israel and the Jewish ethnicity from earth or is it merely a cover used as justification for war, so they will benefit economically?

I suppose my question could be a suppressed correlative falacy...I think. Sorry, I wikid that, and when I took logic in college, I came to school high everyday like a dumbass, so I got a C.

I didn't take out loans though, but I am a vet, so I'm sorry for wasting your money. I'm trying to change things.

Anyway, I understand that the US benefits if Israel raises issues about Iran in regards to their nuclear weapons program, which I've learned is nonexistant, but how does Israel benefit from the US?

Israel doesn't have a global currency, so what difference does it make what currency other countries trade their commodities in? Why would it affect Israel?

I have read that Israel has "saved" the US from being attacked by the Russians due to having strategically placed nuclear weapons inside of Russia and forcing the Russians to back down, but I don't know how valid my source was, so I suppose it was nothing more than a conspiracy.

I've also heard that Israel has developed sophisticated weapons that would make nuclear weapons obsolete. From what I understand, Israel ascertained this knowledge from scientists that managed to defect from the former Soviet Union. Is there any truth to any of this?

Anyway, if anybody could answer these questions, I'd would be gracious.
Israel is in a perpetual state of Economic benefit from the billions we give them a year. What was all that about a national deficit again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies