Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 03:29 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Why doesn't anybody give a hoot about the women of Saudi Arabia, or in Libya now that we've "given them our version of freedom"? hmmm?
You are absolutely correct.

Why aren't all the American liberal bleeding heart organizations, the American liberal feminist organizations demonstrating against the cruelty done against women and their sub-human status in the muslim world?

Why are there not demonstrations held in every city of the civilized world decrying the maiming, torture, decapitations, mutilations and stonings of women and female children in the muslim world?

Good point.....

Last edited by plwhit; 09-29-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 05:19 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
They most certainly were not 'my' Iranian women. They were quite independent.

Having lived in and traveled to many Muslim countries, I've met quite a few Muslims. I have never personally witnessed any type of violence out of proportion to what I've seen in any other country.

PS, my head is still squarely attached to my body.
I was not talking about backwards Islamic countries, I was talking about the violent results of Islamic infestations in modern countries...No matter what country they immigrate to, once they reach a certain percentage they begin to riot against the freedoms we enjoy...They are anti freedom. The blasphemy laws of most Muslim countries carry harsh penalties up to and including death...Are you going to defend those too?

Old 09-29-2012, 05:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why? because they don't understand good examples....

The only good examples they know are dead christians....

Here ya go claud, read up on your peace loving people and their religion, and when your done reading it you'll understand that Christians setting a good example for muslims is a sign of weakness...

The Islam-West Conflict: A Historical Study
Thank you for post 58, 60 and 61......

Old 09-29-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I was not talking about backwards Islamic countries, I was talking about the violent results of Islamic infestations in modern countries...No matter what country they immigrate to, once they reach a certain percentage they begin to riot against the freedoms we enjoy...They are anti freedom. The blasphemy laws of most Muslim countries carry harsh penalties up to and including death...Are you going to defend those too?
Oh I just have to quote you on this...

Did you fall on your head or something? Did a sliver of light enter from under the door or what?

Old 09-29-2012, 05:49 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh I just have to quote you on this...

Did you fall on your head or something? Did a sliver of light enter from under the door or what?
What are you talking about?

Old 09-29-2012, 05:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
It's interesting. I consider myself left of center. But one area I simply cannot understand other liberals on is their love of Islam. Everything they stand for is counter to what we should be standing up for.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Took an aspirin I see........

Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Obama did declare that one day if the fight between Muslims and Christians went too far he may be siding with them and so far he has done it pretty well.

As for the USA being a battle ground I think that anyone can find out that the Muslim Brotherhood that was introduced in the US more than 60 years ago has made huge inroads toward the upset of the US. They have too many people in our government today and not all of them were appointed by Obama. The fact that they can have audiences with Obama when Netanyahu can't tells me something about Obama and the Brotherhood. If you haven't seen Beck's The Project you need to use your free 14 days at his site to see it because it is all about what the Brotherhood has vowed to do and all their plans to do so. Those who fail to learn this will remain either Muslim supporters or useful idiots for their use.
First of all, please provide a source for you first paragraph where you try to make us believe that Obama said he would side with Muslims versus Christians. We need to see whatever statement you're claiming was made IN CONTEXT as well.

Also, how about some PROOF that the Muslim Brotherhood "has made huge inroads toward the upset of the US. They have too many people in our government today and not all of them were appointed by Obama. The fact that they can have audiences with Obama when Netanyahu can't tells me something about Obama and the Brotherhood"..........YOU keep posting this stuff as truth and I have yet to see you post a single source for these statements. Where are they? If they're from Glenn Beck, cut and paste as source.

Show us WHERE the MB has made "huge inroads toward the upset of the U.S." and exactly what that means. Are you saying the MB has made huge inroads toward overthrowing our government?

WHO in the MB had an "audience" with Obama "when Netanyahu" couldn't? Do you have anything to substantiate that claim? I think you don't, but please show us if you do. In fact, I read that Netanyahu NEVER ASKED FOR A MEETING.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:06 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
First of all, please provide a source for you first paragraph where you try to make us believe that Obama said he would side with Muslims versus Christians. We need to see whatever statement you're claiming was made IN CONTEXT as well.

Also, how about some PROOF that the Muslim Brotherhood "has made huge inroads toward the upset of the US. They have too many people in our government today and not all of them were appointed by Obama. The fact that they can have audiences with Obama when Netanyahu can't tells me something about Obama and the Brotherhood"..........you keep posting this stuff as truth and I have yet to see you post a single source for these statements. Where are they?

Show us WHERE the MB has made "huge inroads toward the upset of the U.S." and exactly what that means. Are you saying the MB has made huge inroads toward overthrowing our government?

WHO in the MB had an "audience" with Obama "when Netanyahu" couldn't? Do you have anything to substantiate that claim? I think you don't, but please show us if you do. In fact, I read that Netanyahu NEVER ASKED FOR A MEETING.
As you want others to post their sources are you above that?

Don't see any sources in your post either...

NFN but if you read obama's book "Audacity" he says:

Quote:
“In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans … have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging,” he laments. “I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE9mZCRX2mg&

Old 09-29-2012, 06:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
As you want others to post their sources are you above that?

Don't see any sources in your post either...
I'm asking questions of someone who made claims in their post. When I am the one making claims, I post sources. See how that works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies