Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

You don't need any list, just look at whom he surrounds himself with just as he told us to if we want to know who he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 08:27 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What we really need in this forum is a yawn emoticon, something we can use when desperate Obama haters make their umpteenth attempt to peddle a tendentious story line that American voters already showed they considered bull**** four years ago.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Do some see me as a radical?
Yes. I do. Your paper trail is an extensive one in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01
Perhaps those on the hard left and the hard right. Those who can't get past loyalty to party.
Alas... I do not belong to a party. So, you appear to be mistaken regarding the circle of people who see you as a radical.

Quote:
My friends are liars? A bold statement having never met any of them.
You have no idea who I am. How can you begin to know that I have never met any of your friends? You seem to live in a world of assumptions and presumptions, and it is preventing you from grasping simple truth.

Everyone is honest to a point, and then everyone lies. The Pope. Mother Teresa. Abraham Lincoln. You. Your friends. Most serious people realize that truth by the time they reach puberty.

Quote:
Perhaps you assume such because you have no issue with Our president who seems to be very comfortable with lying.
Our politicians lie because we demand it of them. We refuse to elect anybody who will not promise us the impossible. Therefore even the most honorable and selfless of politicians must lie in order to ever reach a position wherein they can influence events. How can I blame them for doing what we require them to do?

It is solely your fault if you believe the impossible promise and then are disappointed when it remains unfulfilled. I do not suffer from that handicap. I vote based on the possible promises, not the impossible ones, and not on the fictional slurs of irrational haters.

Quote:
Hatred towards Obama? Not that I am aware of. I need to know someone in order to hate them.
Certainly you can not honestly fantasize for a nanosecond that anything you wrote there can be taken seriously. I do not expect you to be honest with the rest of us on this board, but I do hope for your own sake you can be honest with yourself.

Quote:
I have noticed that party hardliners seem to assume that disagree = hate.
I have not noticed that at all. The difference between a post that offers disagreement and one that is simply hateful does not require the savant to discern.

Quote:
Please show my posts where I preach hatred.
Certainly. I will do so in this very post. It comes in just three more sentences.

Quote:
I am honestly curious as to what you define as hatred. I tend to beat up on hard right wingers as well. Why? Because I detest party hardliners. The hardliners are who is killing our great nation.
de·test [dih-test] verb

1. to feel abhorrence of; hate; dislike intensely.
There you go. You have just explicitly announced your hatred for "party hardliners." You said you needed to know people in order to hate them. I think it fair to doubt your intimacy with all the "party hardliners" in the world. Yet that doesn't keep you from detesting them.

There is another word you should look up. "Hypocrite."

Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
LMAO you voted for him because he is black and sounded food. For christs sake at least be honest with yourself.
I voted for him because I personally know John McCain.

Food had nothing to do with it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies