Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:02 PM

465 posts, read 507,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Good post C-J! ^^^^^

I know several blacks and hispanics that are very traditional and religious that do not agree with same sex marriage or abortion one bit. Yet.... They will always vote democratic like there is no other option. We all know why.

OP - If you're looking for a candidate that fits every one of your needs, you'll never find him/her. From your post, it sounds like you want a presidential candidate thats fiscally conservative and socially liberal, and there's nothing wrong with that. Come November, just vote your conscience. I know I will, and it won't be for Obama.
fiscally conservative and socially liberal is why i'll be voting Libertarian i'm not in a swing state or swing county so my vote doesn't matter anyway lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I think i would actually give them a chance. If Romney and Ryan didn't feel the need to make the entire country have the same exact beliefs as them...

Let's face it, what we have now, with Obama, isn't working. I'd be happy to give someone else's economic policies a shot, if he didn't preach the Bible all the time and hate gay people so much. I'm not even gay myself, but i just strongly disagree with intolerance toward gay people or toward those people of different religious beliefs.
so when has romney or ryan stated that they hate gay people? romney HIRED an openly gay person to work on his campaign. same with religious beliefs, romney and ryan both are tolerant of other peoples beliefs. stop listening to pmsnbc, and start listening to the candidates themselves.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 PM

30,304 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
fiscally conservative and socially liberal is why i'll be voting Libertarian i'm not in a swing state or swing county so my vote doesn't matter anyway lol
Me too, LOL... leaning towards Gary Johnson?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yeah all right, whatever. Never once have these two men tried to jam their religion down the electorate's throat. If you folks aren't going to vote for them just man-up and say so and quit making excuses about religion.

Exactly. Romney ain't no social conservative. Probably pro-choice still when not running for office.

I'd vote for Obama if he did not spend all his time trying to destroy our country and worshipping Satan.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Honestly most of my family are the religious nuts you're talking about. They are good people and mean well. I mean dang they would pray for your soul, they honestly care.

I don't totally think the GOP is making a huge mistake trying to fire up that segment of the party. I think sometimes they do a poor job of it.

It's no different in my opinion than Obama pandering to the Gays who seem to want to shove their lifestyles down our throats to an extent. It's a dangers line for Dems to take. Not all Dems are gay though.

You can count on the normal people to vote. That is a certain amount of people are reliable and we already know how they are going to vote.

It's the ones that may not get out and vote who can really decide the elections and the indys of course.

If you look at the swing states from 2008 most of them have pretty good religious base that could be tapped. Makes sense to me. The object is to win.

McCain went right up the middle and lost. Bush pandered the Religious Right and was a two time winner. You be the judge.
I guess the difference with the Dems is that they are willing to compromise on their values in order to win. Using your example of the gays there are plenty of Hispanics and Blacks that are against gay marriage but still support the Dems. The religious folks on the right don't compromise on anything.

As for Bush's victories being the model, demographics change and the Republican base gets smaller and smaller.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,618 times
Quote:
I think i would actually give them a chance. If Romney and Ryan didn't feel the need to make the entire country have the same exact beliefs as them...

Let's face it, what we have now, with Obama, isn't working. I'd be happy to give someone else's economic policies a shot, if he didn't preach the Bible all the time and hate gay people so much. I'm not even gay myself, but i just strongly disagree with intolerance toward gay people or toward those people of different religious beliefs.

Christian fundies are the reason I think I'll either vote for Obummer while plugging my nose or just writing someone in. I was prepared to vote McCain until I saw how nuts Palin was and how McCain made up with Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

Obama has really let me down and I have grave concerns about him and those he's appointed (Holder especially, he needs to be brought up on charges for Fast and Furious) but I will not vote for someone who I fear will pander to the Christian right. I say this as someone who self identifies as a Christian.

I really dislike far left anti white, anti male, anti personal responsibility, anti America wingnuts but I hate the fundies. HATE them.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Good post C-J! ^^^^^

I know several blacks and hispanics that are very traditional and religious that do not agree with same sex marriage or abortion one bit. Yet.... They will always vote democratic like there is no other option. We all know why.

OP - If you're looking for a candidate that fits every one of your needs, you'll never find him/her. From your post, it sounds like you want a presidential candidate thats fiscally conservative and socially liberal, and there's nothing wrong with that. Come November, just vote your conscience. I know I will, and it won't be for Obama.
The difference is, while there are plenty of ultra religious Democrats, only Republicans actually use it as the foundation of their party platform.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:

Romney and Ryan have never the feel the need to make the entire country have their religious beliefs They do not even have the same,You would not vote republican period

Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:

Obama is the one talking about religion all the time, what makes you think Republicans are obsessed with it? Or are you saying democrats are mostly godless?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so when has romney or ryan stated that they hate gay people? romney HIRED an openly gay person to work on his campaign. same with religious beliefs, romney and ryan both are tolerant of other peoples beliefs. stop listening to pmsnbc, and start listening to the candidates themselves.
And then what happened...?

Romney staffer resigns because the fringe complained | Washington Times Communities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies