Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Presidents are mere figureheads selected by the corporate entities. Past and Present selections were/are good puppets for the wealthy banking elite.
Or they were elected with 270 Electoral Votes as voted by the people of the United States.

That could work, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Or they were elected with 270 Electoral Votes as voted by the people of the United States.

That could work, too.
You and I agree!

Amazing!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
By this "logic" - any president running for re-election should always win.

I will assume - based on what you wrote - that you voted for George W. Bush in 2004.
Well, "genius", this "logic" would explain why being an incumbent running for re-election at all levels of government, including the POTUS, is an advantage a vast majority of the time.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
POTUS is an executive leader. Someone who has had executive experience(been governor of Alaska or mayor of Wasila, or led Bain Capital for instance) qualifies.

Someone who has been a community organizer and written a couple of books - does not.
Mayor of Wasilla, LOL. I have known some fast food managers that were in charge of more employees and a larger budget than the mayor of a small town like Wasilla. I guess that makes them qualified to be President too.

Even the governor of Alaska is a job closer in scale to the mayor of a mid size US city basically the size of El Paso or Charlotte. Not exactly what I consider good preparation to be the President of the United States.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
She runs the country - because her husband is The Amateur.

BusinessLife.com - The Amateur Barack Obama
So did Nancy yet you righties still think Ron was a God.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
POTUS is an executive leader. Someone who has had executive experience(been governor of Alaska or mayor of Wasila, or led Bain Capital for instance) qualifies.

Someone who has been a community organizer and written a couple of books - does not.
Ya, isn't it amazing that a person so lacking experience can be such a great President?????

For all of their collective experience I think that Gordon Gekco aka Mittens and Cariboo Barbie AKA Painlan could be .00001% as good!!!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Unless Michelle Obama's name is actually Barack Obama, then no she is not the POTUS.

Barack Obama is actually the president.

This isn't the WWII era where Mrs.Roosevelt practically ran the presidency due to her husbands poor health.
The law acknowledges the marriage of a man and a women to comprise a single entity.

When Barack was voted in so was Michelle.

One partner cannot be forced to testify against the other, because that would be self incrimination.

Michelle is as much the president of the United States as Obama is.

Michelle also contributes 50% to the Natural Born Citizen requirement.

Who on this forum is willing to split pairs?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:

Interesting how you conveniently fail to mention his 12 years as a law professor(92-96), his State Senate experience (1997-2004) and his US Senate experience (2005-2008)

I wonder what reason you would have to do that aside from your usual intellectual dishonesty?

I also find it amusing that you would do your utmost to marginalize these accomplishments, since you have claimed to aspire to both getting a law degree and running for public office. Maybe if you ever accomplish any of these (chuckle) you'll feel that those accomplishments are more worthy of people's respect?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Default Ojt?

As far as I know OJT is the only way to learn to be POTUS.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Mayor of Wasilla, LOL. I have known some fast food managers that were in charge of more employees and a larger budget than the mayor of a small town like Wasilla. I guess that makes them qualified to be President too.

Even the governor of Alaska is a job closer in scale to the mayor of a mid size US city basically the size of El Paso or Charlotte. Not exactly what I consider good preparation to be the President of the United States.
I don't think her resume is why Palin didn't get the job.

You can have a good resume, and give a lousy interview and not get the job.
IMO, she had a decent resume, (Governor, and Mayor are both very respectable positions to achieve, regardless of the size of your constituency), but when it came time to give her interview (ie her campaign/press appearances) to her prospective employer (The American People) she completely and utterly failed to come across as being capable of holding the position. She could have been Governor of a more populous state, and Mayor of a much bigger city, and her job interview still would have sunk her.
I mean, when you consider "What do you read?" as a "Gotcha!" question, you are truly lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies