Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
This rally was NOT about changing our laws here in the U.S. The law that was mentioned is U.N. international law. The U.S. regularly ignores those laws.
WRONG again Mr DeepThinker...LOL!!

Quote:
"There is a need for deterrent legal measures against those individuals or groups that want to damage relations between people, spread hate and incite violence," said Arab-American News publisher Osama Siblani
Where does he mention the UN in that statement?

Quote:
The crux of this whole topic has been distorted by you into something which it was not. You started out with a thread title about MASSIVE Rally.
Massive is a relative measurement. The VIDEO also just happened to be titled that way

So tell me...exactly what is the correct NUMBER of people to call something "LARGE" or "Massive"???

You OBVIOUSLY have a certain number in mind....what is it?

If that's the BEST you can come up with to deflect away from the topic, I feel sorry for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
For those of you who find it offensive for people to consider legislation against hate speech. Where you offended by the passage of the following law?

The Honoring America

Title 6: Memorial, Burial, and Cemeteries

Honoring the Fallen

While ensuring the freedom to protest, but protecting the rights and the honor of the families of the fallen, those wishing to protest military funerals, or at national cemeteries, shall be subject to restrictions, and if violated, protesters shall be punished by criminal or civil action. In addition, servicemembers who die on active-duty shall now be eligible for Presidential Memorial Certificates to honor their service to the Nation. (Sections 601, 603, S. 914, Sen. Mark Begich)

Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Really?

Can you show me an example of "Christian law" or the attempt of Christians to establish their own set of laws, independent of US law?

Muslim apologists are certainly confused, although entertaining. Liberals are put in the uncomfortable position of continuing to support Islam, despite its tyrannical bent, as it is a common foil to Christianity. Like the Nazis did in WW2, Liberals embrace Islam as a "common ally" in their war against Christianity.
Not true. I"m a liberal and I don't support any such thing. there is no "war" against Christianity. Who told you there was such a thing? Most people do not want to live in a theocracy, Christian or otherwise. but of course you NEVER actually listen to "liberals".....you only consider your own very negatively biased opinions about this vague group of "liberals" out there.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Will the Koran itself be banned when the liberals accomplish the end of the First Amendment?

The Koran certainly insults Jews but it insults Christians and infidels also.

All Media, Case Study: Portraying Jews as "Monkeys and Pigs" | PMW

In three instances (Surahs 2, 5, and 7), the Quran tells of Muhammad turning Jews into apes and/or pigs. For instance, Surah 5:60 states, “Those (Jews) who incurred the curse of Allah and his Wrath, and those of whom (some) He transformed into apes and swine.†Another section of the Quran compares the Jews to donkeys. There are two differing traditions in Islam regarding what happened to the Jews who were turned into pigs. One view maintains that all pigs alive today are descendants of the Jews who were turned into pigs by Allah. The other view holds that all the Jews who were turned into pigs by Allah died out without reproducing, and therefore there is no relationship between today’s pigs and Jews:

Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
For those of you who find it offensive for people to consider legislation against hate speech. Where you offended by the passage of the following law?

The Honoring America

Honoring the Fallen

While ensuring the freedom to protest, but protecting the rights and the honor of the families of the fallen, those wishing to protest military funerals, or at national cemeteries, shall be subject to restrictions, and if violated, protesters shall be punished by criminal or civil action. In addition, servicemembers who die on active-duty shall now be eligible for Presidential Memorial Certificates to honor their service to the Nation. (Sections 601, 603, S. 914, Sen. Mark Begich)

Yes as a matter of fact I am against such legislation even if I don't agree with the Westboro Baptist Church.

I also supported the American Nazi Party's right to march even though I hated what they stood for.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post

The Honoring America

Honoring the Fallen

Would you accept the banning of the Koran because of anti-Jew hate speech contained in it?

Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Ah, now you try to throw "suspicion" onto me. I'm defending their right to protest. Actually, that is a defense of freedom of speech.

It's "your side" that is posting all the sensational talk about Muslims "hacking off our heads" yada, yada, yada. It's your side which is so fearful of these types of protests. It's you and your side trying to convince us that Muslims are going to take over this country and we will live under their laws. To me that sort of position indicates a real lack of understanding as to how this country works, and, IMO, is anti-American. You have no faith at all in the citizens of this country who have been here for generations if you think that they would stand for a takeover of our govt. by Muslims!
Problem is we think a usurperr in in the wh.......ONE who was put there by them....... a prediction of 2008 in fact...

This is not about the 1st, the 2nd or the CONS it is about a invisible WAR whether or not you see it.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Not true. I"m a liberal and I don't support any such thing. there is no "war" against Christianity. Who told you there was such a thing? Most people do not want to live in a theocracy, Christian or otherwise. but of course you NEVER actually listen to "liberals".....you only consider your own very negatively biased opinions about this vague group of "liberals" out there.
I love how you side-stepped Hawkeye's question:

Can you show me an example of "Christian law" or the attempt of Christians to establish their own set of laws, independent of US law?

Old 09-29-2012, 01:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
WRONG again Mr DeepThinker...LOL!!

Where does he mention the UN in that statement?

Massive is a relative measurement. The VIDEO also just happened to be titled that way

So tell me...exactly what is the correct NUMBER of people to call something "LARGE" or "Massive"???

You OBVIOUSLY have a certain number in mind....what is it?

If that's the BEST you can come up with to deflect away from the topic, I feel sorry for you.
Here, from your own link in the OP, (Mr. DEEP THINKER):

"The Dearborn organizers seek an international law banning what they define as anti-Mohammed speech that would supersede American law. The rally comes just days after President Obama reaffirmed America's commitment to free speech in a U.N. address."
From The Detroit News: DETNEWS | Weblogs | The Watercooler

As for massive, I've already posted what I think is a massive rally. The Martin Luther King crowd when he gave his "I Have A Dream Speech" in D.C. Surely you've seen photos and video of that event. THAT is a "massive" rally. Here's a link so you can get a visual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_o...bs_and_Freedom

Don't waste your "sympathy" on me. I'm doing fine.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:24 PM

Liberals will insult Christians constantly for being anti-gay and other things that are actually tenants of the Islamic faith.

At least Christians don't KILL homosexuals however as Muslims do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies