Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:53 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Here's a quote from the protest organizer:

Put together in response to the film “Innocence of Muslims,” rally organizer Tarek Baydoun said:

“We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to sow the seeds of hate and discord against the religious beliefs of others.”

“There is a need for deterrent legal measures against those individuals or groups that want to damage relations between people, spread hate and incite violence.”

Pretty much sounds like he's wanting to put a limit (or abolish) free speech to me!

This is what he really means.......

“We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to sow the seeds of hate and discord against the religious beliefs of Allah Akbar.”

“There is a need for deterrent legal measures against those infidels or groups of infidels that want to damage relations between people, spread hate and incite violence.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 09:55 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Yawn - in what bizzaro world?
suppression of conservative speakers at college campuses
preventing military recruiting on college campuses
support of the "fairness doctrine"
sending thugs to political speeches to quell discontent
constant condemnation of Fox news- the only voice of opposition on television
condemning a fellow American for making a film about Mohammed
suppressing any reporting of the news which embarrasses Obama -(see Libya)
"snitch sites" to report political oppposition views on the internet
expansion of drone US on US citizens
expansion of the patriot act

Liberalism is the new fascism. It is odd that liberals are uncomfortable in their own skins, as they are the greatest threat to liberty the US has ever faced. Most people consider themselves to be inately "good"; I am sure it is very uncomfortable (and immediately dismissed) when libs are show the fact that they are on the side of evil.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:56 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Strange that Obama acts so insulted by this film, yet the US Government actually gave grant money to the artists who created "**** Christ" and "**** Moses".

He TALKS a good game about being respectful of other's religions, yet he's never condemned those!!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Liberalism is the new fascism. It is odd that liberals are uncomfortable in their own skins, as they are the greatest threat to liberty the US has ever faced.

^^^^ YES!!!! ^^^^

Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Welcome to Dearbornistan!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
How do ya like that, exercising free speech to protest against freedom of speech, who would have thought. Conservatives have thought this would happen. Liberals denounced our claims. When these muslims have a greater percentage of America's population, they're going to fight for USA to get closer and closer to Sharia Law

This is probably what happens in a country where freedom of speech isn't tolerated:

Taliban publicly execute woman near Kabul - YouTube
But I thought they were immigrants who came here because they loved the freedom of this country and wanted to escape their home country's government. Since they seem to be so against our nation's constitution, I now understand why Liberals support muslim terrorist over our own nation.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
^^^^ YES!!!! ^^^^

Liberalism is inherently false and its core beliefs can easily be dispelled by a modest amount of examination. This is why liberals hate free speech, as their core beliefs cannot hold up to any degree of scrutiny. This is true of all lies, while the truth will be revealed with extensive debate and examination.

Liberalism is a lie and therefore is easily exposed with simple questioning. The answer? Suppress free speech and evaluation of the "philosophy" to avoid exposure. Is it any wonder? Can any lib defend their suppression of free speech rationally? Of course not.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:06 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Liberalism is the new fascism. It is odd that liberals are uncomfortable in their own skins, as they are the greatest threat to liberty the US has ever faced.
Me thinketh you need to look up what "free speech" means and in what contexts it applies...

Going by your logic, if you came to my house, yelled insults at my wife and subsequently got kicked out by me, this would be because I oppose free speech. Okay. If I came to your house, tried to lure your kid into a van by promising him all kinds of nice things, you'd be curtailing my free speech if you threatened me or called the cops. Yeah, okay.

I'll give you a hint: It has to do with government (or we, the people) deciding that it is against the law to critically or offensively address another. Don't get it, eh?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Me thinketh you need to look up what "free speech" means and in what contexts it applies...

Actually...I think he NAILED it!! Sorry you lose.

Quote:
Going by your logic, if you came to my house, yelled insults at my wife and subsequently got kicked out by me, this would be because I oppose free speech. Okay. If I came to your house, tried to lure your kid into a van by promising him all kinds of nice things, you'd be curtailing my free speech if you threatened me or called the cops. Yeah, okay.
Nice attempt at a lame straw man argument there

Old 09-29-2012, 10:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Strange that Obama acts so insulted by this film, yet the US Government actually gave grant money to the artists who created "**** Christ" and "**** Moses".

He TALKS a good game about being respectful of other's religions, yet he's never condemned those!!
Speaking of that..the bottle has been dusted off and is now back on display in NYC.
This Huffpost article put it under "Arts" section

**** CHRIST: Andres Serrano's Exhibit Proceeds Without Protests, Nuns Do Show Up Though (UPDATE)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies