Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

You are correct and it should be spread all around for the knowledge of the general public election or no election coming up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You are correct and it should be spread all around for the knowledge of the general public election or no election coming up.

It doesn't need to be spread around though? People who hate him (powerful people) watch his every move. They don't need to wait for C-D posters to get heated up enough for it to reach, say, Mitch McConnell's ears.

So, either what he said is not that bad, or the people who claim to be opposed to him, the ones that could do something about it, aren't really opposed to him?

Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Does any of this come as a surprise to any of you ?? Seriously? How low do you have to stoop before liberals will realize that the idiot clown in the white house is meerly a self serving educated idiot. How many peoples lives will have to be destroyed before you say enough is enough... This president and those who support him are the most self serving people that have ever existed. Hope and change my A$$.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:02 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Just to be clear on this because I'm not sure what's going on. And I'm speaking to the general "you" not necessarily the poster above.

The president has just stepped out and told contractors to do something illegal. He has plenty of people in the GOP who hate his guts and have been working non-stop to bring him down. Powerful people. He's in the middle of a campaign, he's said something horribly illegal, and no one is doing anything about it? Really? Why is that? I realize that the press work for him and they won't report it. But what about Congress? What about the republican machine behind the scenes? It seems that they could really use this to their advantage.
Well, this did just come out late Friday for the Friday night news dump. And yes, there should be people who come out and speak loudly about this. But there are many things floating around out there that need to be taken on loudly.

You will disagree with some of them but Ill list them anyways:

Univisions bombshell report airing tonight over Fast/Furious
Libya terror attack - ignored warnings, lies, possible cover up
This story of lay off notices
Money going to Egypt (thankfully was blocked)

But you have to understand that the media sets the narrative. They can try to talk about whatever they want, but they end up caving to the media narrative to make points or combat whatever it happens to be that day.

I think some of you underestimate just how hard it is to go against the ones who create and push the narrative. They control it. They control what the public hears about and what is suppose to be the "news of the day/week". It isnt so easy to get a message out there if the media decides that its not what they want to talk about.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Well, this did just come out late Friday for the Friday night news dump. And yes, there should be people who come out and speak loudly about this. But there are many things floating around out there that need to be taken on loudly.

You will disagree with some of them but Ill list them anyways:

Univisions bombshell report airing tonight over Fast/Furious
Libya terror attack - ignored warnings, lies, possible cover up
This story of lay off notices
Money going to Egypt (thankfully was blocked)

But you have to understand that the media sets the narrative. They can try to talk about whatever they want, but they end up caving to the media narrative to make points or combat whatever it happens to be that day.

I think some of you underestimate just how hard it is to go against the ones who create and push the narrative. They control it. They control what the public hears about and what is suppose to be the "news of the day/week". It isnt so easy to get a message out there if the media decides that its not what they want to talk about.

I get what you are saying and I don't disagree. However, if in this instance he truly has recommended illegal action then MEDIA SCHMEDIA. I would expect that our elected officials would take him to task on it. If they don't "hear" about it because the news doesn't report it--shame on them. I have to believe that there are enough Donald Trumps in the world that, if what he did was truly illegal, they would be maximizing this to their full benefit. Including Romney.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
I get what you are saying and I don't disagree. However, if in this instance he truly has recommended illegal action then MEDIA SCHMEDIA. I would expect that our elected officials would take him to task on it. If they don't "hear" about it because the news doesn't report it--shame on them. I have to believe that there are enough Donald Trumps in the world that, if what he did was truly illegal, they would be maximizing this to their full benefit. Including Romney.
I agree. Why is Congress silent on this ?

Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Does any of this come as a surprise to any of you ?? Seriously? How low do you have to stoop before liberals will realize that the idiot clown in the white house is meerly a self serving educated idiot. How many peoples lives will have to be destroyed before you say enough is enough... This president and those who support him are the most self serving people that have ever existed. Hope and change my A$$.
Obama in a nutshell.....

Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Well it is the weekend. We'll have to see if anyone comes out on it today and tomorrow. But while I think you disagree with Libya, plenty have come out on that, even Democrats. But do you think that information made its way to the public? I didnt see it. And while they no doubt should say something about this or raise questions at least, who will hear it besides people like you and I who probably look into things more or pay a little more attention to this type of stuff?

Not to get too off topic, but I have no issue with the media bringing up things Romney has said or done, but when they do it to the level that they do, while ignoring things Obama has done or said, even if people are trying to speak out about it, it just isnt right. I dont understand the best way to combat that. Or a useful beneficial way to do it.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM

385 posts, read 615,268 times
Quote:
If you happen to work for a company whose contract is up for renewal in January, yes, you might get your funds immediately cut because you won't be renewed during the sequestration time. In my opinion, those contractors are the only ones who should be receiving 60 day layoff notices in November. They all know exactly who they are.
No argument there. What seems to be happening now is that if we have an opening, it's not being filled in case someone whose contract is up at the end of the year needs to be shifted over. Butts in chairs you know. So, there are some ripples already being felt.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
No argument there. What seems to be happening now is that if we have an opening, it's not being filled in case someone whose contract is up at the end of the year needs to be shifted over. Butts in chairs you know. So, there are some ripples already being felt.

That's interesting. I guess different contractors work differently. The ones I work with are fairly cut-throat when it comes to money. They would never leave an empty billet open. That's lost revenue. I know some companies with better cashflow might do that if they have any sort of sentiment towards their employees, but a good many of them are, like you said "Butts in chairs." If a billet is vacant, it's not billing the government. Loss of revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies