Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:50 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,615,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
America doesn't sell oil - we buy it from countries who do.
I answered this question above!! fasting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 12:54 AM

This is my version! You can please Your version of these events?

Old 05-20-2012, 01:04 AM

I think the war or who do not need Agree! if this is a war for the sake of revenge (September 11) it is bad. In the war die ordinary peaceful people. I tell you so (don't let the God) until the war does not know of America in its territory, the residents America war will not understand at all 100%. Russia from centuries of fighting on its territory and зает it in their grief and loss in the war

Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 AM

I don't blame in the wars of the simple people. it is the fault of the policy!!!

Old 05-20-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If we are in Iraq for the oil, then why havn't be taken it? Why is the price of a gallon of gasoline so high here. Not sure what Russian news outlet you get your information from, but they are wrong.
Our people do not believe the news media), We are accustomed to thinking, where the truth lies where. I hope that my posts, no one is offended and not an insult. Sorry if offended, please, I didn't want to.!!!!

Old 05-20-2012, 12:34 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
base of a Submarine?
THIS ^

Old 05-20-2012, 01:20 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
With Russia gaining ground and strength as a country and militarily, they are no longer the weakened, small shell they were after they fell in the 1980's.
Yes, they are.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
While I really don't feel like there is any imminent danger or anything on the 5 year horizon, I'd like to pose a hypothetical situation.

With Russia gaining ground and strength as a country and militarily, they are no longer the weakened, small shell they were after they fell in the 1980's.

With American military fully stretched in the middle east, what does America have here to protect should someone such as Russia attack? All of our leaders have agreed it would take at least 1-2 years to remove the majority of our troops and equipment from the middle east, maybe longer.

So lets just say 5 years from now, whoever our president is REALLY pisses Russia off about something major. If Russia were to launch a full scale attack on America (think Red Dawn) what would happen? Obviously the military is not around to do anything, even though we have small amounts left here, it wouldn't be much and it wouldn't hold up long against a large scale attack.

This is why I agree with Ron Paul that we should have a strong military HERE to defend our country, rather than playing world police (Republicans used to complain about Clinton playing world police). The way I see things now, we've pissed off enough people who have a decent military that if they brought an attack to our soil while we are still waist deep in Iraq sand, we would be largely defenseless, and it is irresponsible to leave the vast majority of our military committed away from home for such a long period of time fighting an unspecified enemy, with no clear defintion of what victory or defeat would look like.

Just some food for thought. Like I said, I don't think we are on the verge of this by any means, but things change fast in this world, and if we are still "all in" over in the middle east 5 years from now, we might find ourselves royally screwed.
there are many things that prevent russia and china both from attacking the US on our home soil;

1: very long supply lines

2: lack of air and sea lift capability to move both troops and supplies

3: severe lack of naval and long range air capability to protect those very long and thin supply lines

4: while our regular military is much smaller than even in recent years, we still have healthy guard and reserve forces available

5: we also have plenty of retired military that can be recalled to duty as needed

6: we have a major stock pile of modern weaponry, as well as older weapon systems that are still quite useful

7: there are more than 250,000,000 firearms in the hands of civilians in this country, including automatic weapons

8: while we are a country somewhat divided by politics now, we do have an innate ability to come together as a country when our way of life is on the line

9: in addition to the regular military, the guard, and reserves, we also have a large number of militia groups around the country, and you can bet that partisan groups would spring up all over the country as well

10: probably our biggest advantage is our supply lines are very short and virtually impossible to cut

in the end china and russia would have to have a hugely overwhelming force that they could deploy immediately and all at once, and even then they would have serious trouble trying to conquer this country.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
THIS ^
In the far East of The Kamchatka Peninsula and Vladivostok. There are large bases. At the moment I'm on it and I am.
Have access to the base as I'm from the families of sailors and seamen

Old 05-20-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there are many things that prevent russia and china both from attacking the US on our home soil;

1: very long supply lines

2: lack of air and sea lift capability to move both troops and supplies

3: severe lack of naval and long range air capability to protect those very long and thin supply lines

4: while our regular military is much smaller than even in recent years, we still have healthy guard and reserve forces available

5: we also have plenty of retired military that can be recalled to duty as needed

6: we have a major stock pile of modern weaponry, as well as older weapon systems that are still quite useful

7: there are more than 250,000,000 firearms in the hands of civilians in this country, including automatic weapons

8: while we are a country somewhat divided by politics now, we do have an innate ability to come together as a country when our way of life is on the line

9: in addition to the regular military, the guard, and reserves, we also have a large number of militia groups around the country, and you can bet that partisan groups would spring up all over the country as well

10: probably our biggest advantage is our supply lines are very short and virtually impossible to cut

in the end china and russia would have to have a hugely overwhelming force that they could deploy immediately and all at once, and even then they would have serious trouble trying to conquer this country.
In Russia as well as a retired military officers, and so on. The civilian population of the few weapons. But very lot of warehouses of military weapons. People are accustomed to difficulties. You to comfort. The Russians are fighting in any conditions. Happen on the territory of the America War (don't let this God) The Americans will happen panic, and the fight will not whom.(An example of the September 11 showed it, sorry for the comparison) Russia is a very well know how to fight in protracted battles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies