Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,229,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-law View Post
It is only discriminatory to those who do not fit the criteria
No big deal.
It most certainly is discriminatory based upon sex. Right now am I perfectly legally able to marry Pink. However, if I were to legally change my sex to female I would no longer be legally able to marry Pink - just because of my sex. That is sex discrimination.

Quote:
, such as those of the same sex, family, persons already married, of legal age etc.
Why am I not discussing
Because this is an SSM thread and those things would be off topic.

I have no problem with multiple marriages or familial marriages. Legal age is more of a grey area.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,208,480 times
Quote:
lawrence-law Not a member
Ruh roh......

What did I miss?

Was somebody a sock puppet or something?

Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,215,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Gays and lesbians have this idea that they as a culture..are inferior and treated like second rate citizens by the "normals"-...Marriage represents a step in the ladder of social climbing. that they believe will lead to the status as equal members in society. Mean while even 20 years into the future the "normals" will still view them as lower on the food chain...The attempt at achieving equality is probably in vain...and same sex marriage just draws more attention and contempt from the "normals" - sex and mating will always be the norm...no matter how much social engineering takes place...Perhaps this rebellion of sorts will find some level ground and things will go back to 'normal'....and those who love each other will simply be with each other rather than involve themselves in superficial and shallow social climbing..?
Is there a point in there somewhere? What's your main idea? Logic? Intelligence? Reasoning?

Basically - what the HELL are you even talking about and saying? I read through this junk and couldn't understand anything. You sounded muted, tone-deaf, monotonous, lost, and confused.

Try again but with less ellipsis (since you have NO idea how to use it) and can present whatever gloop your thinking of with clear, precise sentence structure.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,962,161 times
Can't help but notice that WesternPilgrim disappeared from the thread.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:38 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,463,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Ummm, no. Gay or straight couples could have a secular ceremony or religious ceremony, just as they do now. Every religious institution would be free to make their own determination about whether they would perform such marriages.
Gay or straight couples can have a religious ceremony now, without a secular ceremony. Your 'compromise' won't change that. For people who oppose ssm because they want to keep the religious sanctity of 'marriage' for themselves, nothing changes because religious marriage isn't theirs to keep.

Don't you see that for 'the religious types,' Nothing Changes in the Religious realm. Both they and ss couples who find a church, temple, mosque, coven, whatever, Can be religiously married Now And under your proposal.

In a 'compromise,' each side generally gains or loses things. In your proposal, people who oppose ssm gain what ? That gays will stop efforts to institute civic ssmarriage ?

Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,962,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Gay or straight couples can have a religious ceremony now, without a secular ceremony. Your 'compromise' won't change that. For people who oppose ssm because they want to keep the religious sanctity of 'marriage' for themselves, nothing changes because religious marriage isn't theirs to keep.

Don't you see that for 'the religious types,' Nothing Changes in the Religious realm. Both they and ss couples who find a church, temple, mosque, coven, whatever, Can be religiously married Now And under your proposal.

In a 'compromise,' each side generally gains or loses things. In your proposal, people who oppose ssm gain what ? That gays will stop efforts to institute civic ssmarriage ?
The dig is, they get the comfort of knowing that if their religion happens to disagree with SSM (not all of them do) then that religious ceremony is preserved within their particular religion. Personally, I think it's a patently stupid position to hold, but it seems to be important to the religious types, so whatever makes them feel better.

Also, with my compromise they don't lose anything, either.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
A responsible, reliable, and fit-to-be-head-of-household parent would raise their child with all the love and care in the world accepting them for who they are. They would also teach them how to tolerate and not be judgmental of others.

Though you're a shining example of parenting gone wrong and someone who's unfit to be a parent. I really think Child Services needs to get your kids away - you're unfit to raise them.
A responsible parent keeps their head straight and doesn't put SICK ideas into their kids heads. What planet do you live on anyway? None too close!

Quote:
Stop posting links to youtube videos that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Senseless and adds nothing to the debate currently going on.

Now contribute something worth while other than:

"LMAO! UM...uh...no!"

So are you saying you're unfit as a parent to raise your children to handle the issues that arise with life, homosexuality being one of them? I feel sorry for your kids - maybe Child Services needs to step in and move them to a better loving, more reliable household.
Wouldn't expect you to have a freaking clue man...no clue at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Or.......we could encourage our kids to be true to themselves (whether that be gay, straight, or something in between) by letting them know that we will always love them and accept them for who they are.
So long as they aren't gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I could never live around such bigoted people.

I'm thrilled that my state (Washington) is likely next in line for marriage equality.
Don't worry...you wouldn't last five minutes yourself.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,569,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
So long as they aren't gay.
Then anti-gay parents should be rejected by their gay children.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
If God made everything, then how many homosexuals does he have to put on *his* Earth in order for homosexuals to be accepted?

Or are they spawns of Satan? In that case: Homosexuals are spawns of Satan. Satan is a spawn of God. Therefore, Homosexuals are spawns of God.

See how logic works? You missed out on that class.
Love how "supposed" straight people defend gays to the end. It "doesn't" look good for your cause man...just saying. LOL

Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Then anti-gay parents should be rejected by their gay children.
They already are. I don't know you...you don't know me.... This has been the norm forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies