Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM

491 posts, read 373,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
What I rad was either a very bitter perosn or one tryig to con himself .Lonelyness can do that to people.
This same individual is no longer black.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ger-black.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 01:01 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Adults who care about their family are weaklings.

Yes, treat your fellow human as the enemy, at all cost. Caring and compassion are signs of weakness.

Man, I sure hope you aren't the good samaritan that happens by when I need help.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:04 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I see a lot of rejection and hurt in this post.

I've only read the first page, but I agree. I am a liberal and I believe family is important. I believe a good family unit makes a happy healthy human being, but to each his own.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:06 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
This same individual is no longer black.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ger-black.html

I remember that thread and thought about it when I saw this one. Clearly there is a lot of inner turmoil going on with the OP.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Conservatives often say liberals are "anti-family". Well, I'm mostly to the left of most liberals, but I do admit, I am anti-family. Once upon a time, the family unit may have served a purpose (as did picking live out of one another's hair and burning dried dung for fuel) but now, it is simply an outdated institution.

Which brings me to the thesis statement: family, in modern times, is a crutch for the weak. Honestly, what is more pathetic than a grown man who still needs his mommy? Granted, family may be necessary for financial obligations, but one could just as easily enter some other agreement devoid of the emotion baggage that comes with family. People may say "I need the love of my family" Well, that right there is the weakness: only the weak need love outside of self love. The true ubermensch is confident within himself/herself and requires no such support. Sorry, but when I hear people crying about their family I can't help but wonder if they'll start crying about their stuffed animal next.

Children need an adult figure in their lives, but why do adults need people whom they share .001% more DNA in common with than someone in another continent? Why not go forward, headstrong, not weighed down by the parasites who brought you into this world?

And also, family is unnatural. Do birds return to the nest after they leave? Do wolves return to their mothers after they learn to hunt and find their own mates? Predators, the higher animals, all abandon their families after they are no longer useful. It is only the herd animals that stay with them. Who wants to be a grazing sheep, requiring the safety of the herd when one could be a snow leopard, alone on the prowl?

And the financial obligations! Why should I support my aging father? Yes, he supported me, but that was him being a sucker. Children never ask to be born. It is all vanity on the part of the parents. It is an investment that will never see a return. Why should anyone feel anything for the people whom went ahead and created them without asking for life?

I intent to work and retire (maybe) at a very old age. With the money I safe having never had children and never given a dime to the parasites who brought me into this world I will have a more than comfortable existence. That is the path of strength: ignoring all ties of family. No need for mommy's shoulder to cry on at age thirty, no need for daddy to pat you on the head for doing a good job at forty. Only one's self to impress and perhaps those whose accomplishments have made them worthy of esteem.

Please note: I am referring to "traditional" family here, not circles of friends or military bands etc whom are often compared to family. Those are adults lending their strengths to a greater cause by free association, not obligations we are allegedly born into. A circle of strong people growing stronger from alliance with one another is one thing...a grown man crying to his mommy because his girlfriend left him is another.
It really is a shame your mother ever gave birth to you. I don't think I have ever read a more narcissistic, uncaring, time-limited perspective on life. The world does not revolve around YOU. Geez, I am glad I don't know you in person. Then again, maybe I could use you as a doormat for my two grown children to wipe their feet on when they drop by to visit.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM

On a related topic - human beings are the only creatures that drink the milk of another creature.

Just think of the jobs that could be created if we milked women instead of cows!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk
Adults who care about their family are weaklings.
I feel sorry for the OP. She must have a bad childhood and parents and thinks all families are like that. I love my family and also like them too.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Because all women are the sum of their udders, right?
How remarkably misogynistic of you.
Not at all. Women could choose to sell their milk similar to people who sell their blood. Why are you against job creation?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:40 PM

334 posts, read 451,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I feel sorry for the OP. She must have a bad childhood and parents and thinks all families are like that. I love my family and also like them too.
Could be his family kicked him out due to his drug use, a tough love kind of thing.

Sounds more like Mommy didn't buy him the toy he wanted.

Oh and humans are Pack animals, like those he said stays together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies