Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Bwahahaha! Weaklings you say?! Hmmm....and you are one of the "strong" nature has selected to be the future of humanity? Your rant is unsubstantiated by facts and reeks of to much time spent alone, or with only the company of Jack Daniels. Would you say,then, that Alvin York was a "weakling"? . Chuck Yeager? George Patton? Norman Schartzcoff? Shall I go on? These men and so many who cannot be named here due to shear numbers ALL had strong love for family.I , myself, do and I am certainly not a "weakling". Though some of this you have posted is stated somewhat well, grammatically speaking, it is flawed and fanatical, has no supporting structure, and ignores pertinant facts. Thus...a rant. When the whiskey runs out and wears off such "revalations" as you have come to here will seem far less profound.

Let me just say that military is, believe it or not, not the best place to develop personal strength. All that relying on comrades leaves people vulnerable to getting stabbed in the back. A better example would be Pablo Escobar or Stalin. Escobar, while a great man who created an empire for himself, ultimately died because he made, surprise surprise a long phone call to his family that was traced to his hide out. Stalin, on the other hand, while a murderous bastard, left his mark on history and didn't even safe his own son from a German POW camp. That is a fine example for all. I disagree with his policies, but certainly we can see Stalin was a genius when it came to politics and gaining power for himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Let me just say that military is, believe it or not, not the best place to develop personal strength. All that relying on comrades leaves people vulnerable to getting stabbed in the back. A better example would be Pablo Escobar or Stalin. Escobar, while a great man who created an empire for himself, ultimately died because he made, surprise surprise a long phone call to his family that was traced to his hide out. Stalin, on the other hand, while a murderous bastard, left his mark on history and didn't even safe his own son from a German POW camp. That is a fine example for all. I disagree with his policies, but certainly we can see Stalin was a genius when it came to politics and gaining power for himself.

I think this can safely discount this entire thread and it's premise.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
A bullet in the head (or wherever, if you aren't such a great shot ) for those who would actually try to implement their Utopian wet dreams.
I would say the same thing about those whom try to implement the "American dream" on us. From the moment we're born in America and go through the state approved brainwashing program (schools) we are taught a mantra of "get a job, make money, have a family, get married, be a good drone." Anyone who deviates, saying "I don't want to have kids and would rather join a Zen Monastery" or "I'd rather leave modern society and go live a substance lifestyle in the Yukon" is labeled insane.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
First, I don't have a degree. I am self taught. Second, in hard times my family will be there as many other families are there...for the sole purpose of being parasites.

I sink or swim as an individual. No need for the herd of family.
But a great need for validation in a chat room????

Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,513 times
Quote:
Escobar was a great man? A drug lord?

Stalin certainly did leave his mark on history. So did Hitler. And Pol Pot. And Anders Breivik. These are the sort of people we should look to as examples to emulate?

Your main premise is that family is a crutch. That's fine if you believe it; in fact, there might even be some merit to it. However, to use drug lords and murdering despots as your "Exhibit A" and "Exhibit B" is probably not the wisest move.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Anyone who deviates, saying "I don't want to have kids and would rather join a Zen Monastery" or "I'd rather leave modern society and go live a substance lifestyle in the Yukon" is labeled insane.
I think you mean a subsistence lifestyle?

You can live a "substance lifestyle" right at home

Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post

Stalin certainly did leave his mark on history. So did Hitler. And Pol Pot. And Anders Breivik. These are the sort of people we should look to as examples to emulate?

Your main premise is that family is a crutch. That's fine if you believe it; in fact, there might even be some merit to it. However, to use drug lords and murdering despots as your "Exhibit A" and "Exhibit B" is probably not the wisest move.
Indeed!! Such fine examples of humanity. Lmao. I certainly cannot see the allure of predatory phsycopaths as role models for our children. The idea of turning our children out with the "sink or swim" edict? Wow. Seems to me that is exactly what breeds creature like Stalin and Escobar. Haha...under our OPs master plan we would be a race of anarchistic predators and scavengers turning on our own at the first opportunity. Funny how that tbought does not appeal to me....One wonders how a person can sit and dream of "glory" being in the shoes of Stalin.
Patton was right, we should have rolled across the Soviet Union and put Stalins head on a pike. The premise of this thread would be amusing if our dear OP did not actually believe what is being promoted in his writings.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
It is your right to believe what you want and express your beliefs peacefully. And for that, I hope that you NEVER have a family.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I think you mean a subsistence lifestyle?

You can live a "substance lifestyle" right at home
So you attack the typo, but ignore the substance? Sounds like you can't attack the substance so you just attack the delivery, like the post debate commentators saying nothing but about how a candidate's hair looks.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post

One man's drug lord is another man's hero, and one man's despot is another man's leader. Look at Reagan: Iran-Contra, AIDS denying, laughing at homelessness, massive deficits etc and yet people talk about how great he was all the time.

And the only reason Escobar was a drug lord was because drugs are illegal. America made him that way. He was a decent man who exported flowers. Stalin, I admit, was a murderous bum, but he can still be admired for his effectiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies