Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why would anyone even think that? No, did you forget we have a amendment that refers to freedom of religion?
Yes, we do have freedom of religion. But the question is whether Atheism is a religion or not. According to atheists themselves, it is not a religion

Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post

You wish we did not have freedom of speech?

Wow.

If you like Fascism so much, move to Saudi Arabia. You'll love not having rights or the freedom to speak.

Some people are so undeserving of the right to vote. You are the definition of un-American. You are against the primary tenet of this country.
No, I do want freedom of speech as long as it is not insulting Christianity. We need to have blasphemy law!
If atheists STOPPED attacking and insulting Christians and Christianity, then Christian groups would have most likely stopped with their billboards as well.

Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country with extreme Sharia Laws and absolutely no freedom of religion/speech.
Saudi Arabia reminds me of North Korea and former Soviet Union but with Atheism state instead of Islam.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I understand why atheists in the U.S. are ticked off....I don't understand why some are against public displays of Christian symbols.

In regards to freedom of speech, Nunnor, if atheists ever become the majority, will you want freedom of speech then?
Will never happen, never ever. Atheism has always been minority throughout the world and will always remain. Most atheists are cold hearted and do not have morality, that's why they have no faith.

Don't get me wrong - I am for freedom of speech as long as it does not attack the Christian faith.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,545,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Will never happen, never ever. Atheism has always been minority throughout the world and will always remain. Most atheists are cold hearted and do not have morality, that's why they have no faith.

Don't get me wrong - I am for freedom of speech as long as it does not attack the Christian faith.
What a crock of BS you spew. You want freedom of speech as long as people say what you want to hear.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Oh, and Torquemada was such a saint, right?
Henry VIII created Protestantism simply so he could divorce his wife...and he had another wife murdered.
Hitler was a Christian
Queen Isabel
Christopher Columbus
Francisco Franco
So was Santa Anna
Slobodan Milosevic was a pretty evil Christian.
So were all those Christians in Salem.
So were all those Catholic Priests who diddled little boys.
In fact, there have been so many evil acts committed by Christians that there are literally entire sections at bookstores dedicated to that very topic. There are websites too...

Give me a break. You people need help. You believe your primitive cult is somehow correct and every other cult is wrong. You people have ZERO evidence that the nonsense you read in that stupid book of your is true.

How am I evil? I volunteer my time helping inner-city teenagers. I never cause harm to another person. I help out strangers in need (example, this weekend at Ikea I saw an elderly woman struggling to move an item, so I picked it up for her and placed it on her cart. I even offered to help her load it into her car). I don't try to force my beliefs on others through law. I don't do everything I can to push a primitive cult and stop progress like a nutjob Christian...

Is my lack of belief in your nonsense cult the only thing that makes me evil?

0 to 2.3 billion in 2000 years? You're kidding, right? It's on the decline TODAY, not since the first year the idiotic cult existed. No wonder you believe in such silly fairy tales...you have no concept of logic.

Who is forcing a lifestyle on you? Is someone telling you that you have to get gay married and then have an abortion? NO. So stop complaining already. It's pathetic. You people have tried to force your theocratic nonsense on everyone else for far too long. If you look at most of this country's major problems, they originate in religion. Even the disaster of Prohibition was caused by some Christians without the capacity for intelligence.

Um, you did.
Are you so ignorant that you never heard of the Inquisition?
Or the genocide of the new world?
Or the Crusades?
Or the massacres in the Lebanese civil war?
Or the Bosnian war?
Or the Salem Witch Trials?
Wow so much nonsense and totally made up "facts". Your posting is childish, uneducated and wrong impression of Christianity and Christians in general. This is also very insulting.

Stop blaming Christians/Christianity over what happened thousand years ago. That's the issue that atheists and non-Christians tries to say to attack the faith. Back then, it was normal with persecutions and unbiblical and ungodly acts occurring. BTW, everything on that silly atheist website "Jesusneverexisted" is all false, nonsense, and insulting. The name of the website says it all!

Atheists tends to forget how evil atheist people have been throughout the history, both past and present. I could post hundreds of different websites showing how evil and barbaric atheists have been. At least religious people have commandments to follow, while atheists have none, and they don't have any morality.

Despite being persecuted throughout the history, and even today in many nations - Christians have done GREAT things throughout the history and now of which many people tend to forget. Christians have founded everything from charity, to universities, private schools, hospitals, places of worship, establishing countries, helping the homeless/people in need, children and orphanage, traditional culture, holidays and much more. Thank God for Christianity!

Good things Christians have done in society
What has Christianity done for the World?
Good Works And Christians | Faith WITHOUT Works | Legalism

Think twice!

Old 10-23-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
What a crock of BS you spew. You want freedom of speech as long as people say what you want to hear.
Christians make up 80% of the U.S., and I'm a majority and have always been ever since the foundation of this country. "If you're in Rome, do as the Romans".

If I was in any non-Christian majority country, I would have respected their predominant faith/non-faith and would have kept quite.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:39 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Yes, we do have freedom of religion. But the question is whether Atheism is a religion or not. According to atheists themselves, it is not a religion
You are correct in that Atheism is not a religion. Atheism is the absence of religion. Not only do we have freedom of religion in the US, but we also have freedom from religion. You cannot have one without the other.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
No, I do want freedom of speech as long as it is not insulting Christianity. We need to have blasphemy law!
If atheists STOPPED attacking and insulting Christians and Christianity, then Christian groups would have most likely stopped with their billboards as well.

Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country with extreme Sharia Laws and absolutely no freedom of religion/speech.
Saudi Arabia reminds me of North Korea and former Soviet Union but with Atheism state instead of Islam.
If we agreed with everything everyone had to say, then there would be no need for a First Amendment. The First Amendment exists to protect those with whom we do not agree.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
That is correct. Atheism is not a religion.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:

So, you are saying, without your faith, you would have no sense of morality. You would kill, rape, steal, just because you didn't have a book to tell you those things are bad? How sad for you. How sad that you are an inately viscious person who is only kept in line with a threat.....the threat of burning in hell.

FYI.....I have no problem with you believing in a god, but when you try to force those beliefs on me through government legislation.....that's asking for trouble. That is why more and more people are turning away from religion.......your obnoxious obsession with forcing everyone to believe as you do and your intolerance for anyone different than you.

You are for free speech? LOL....... as long as I don't say anything you don't like about your religion.....but it is OK for you to say atheists are cold hearted and immoral. Religious hypocracy at its finest.

BTW.....what would you like the punishment to be for dissing your religion? Cutting out the offender's tongue perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies