Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 11:37 AM

32 posts, read 100,264 times

Advertisements

3rd American Airlines flight had seats come loose - Business - Boston.com

Huguely said the loose seats were not the result of sabotage by workers. American’s union employees are unhappy about pending layoffs and cuts in pay and benefits that American has imposed since filing for bankruptcy protection in November. American accuses some pilots of conducting an illegal work slowdown that has caused a jump in canceled and delayed flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
American Airline's biggest problem is its fleet of antiquated low fuel efficiency aircraft. Management is just trying to blame the worker's for management's failure to buy new equipment.

The loose seats are another matter that should be investigated by the FAA. In the meantime all the seats should be checked by qualified UNION mechanics.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 AM

593 posts, read 1,411,227 times
AA is probably cutting corners somewhere in the maintenance area of things. It's what companies do when they are swirling the drain.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
CNN reported this morning that repair work (such as the seats) is outsourced to a 'third party'.

Everyone knows what that means...illegals doing the work. Illegals who probably never used a tool in their lives.

But, hey! As long as the third party company is making money for their shareholders, who cares? Right?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,640 times
Unfortunately for American Airlines they have lost any business that I may have given them.

The ongoing issues they are having do not inspire confidence in their safety or their reliability.

I think this latest bout of negative publicity will probably finally finish them off for good - I know they're in bankruptcy already - maybe it's just time to call it a day.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotAndHeavy View Post
Load of SHi-. The Union boss is instructing the workers to carry out these shannagins.

If someone gets seriously hurt I hope they Go after the Union with avengence.
Can you explain how you know this?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 PM

How in hell can the FAA allow "third party maintainence"? I do not let clowns work on my cars or m'cycle and I will NOT fly on airplanes worked on by "third party maintainence".

Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM

593 posts, read 1,411,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How in hell can the FAA allow "third party maintainence"? I do not let clowns work on my cars or m'cycle and I will NOT fly on airplanes worked on by "third party maintainence".
HELLO, everything in this world is done by "Third Party Maintenance". It's how companies are let off the hook if anything happens. It protects the stakeholders and blah blah blah.

And here is your standard corporate boilerplate response to this kind of stuff: "The work was done by illegals/saboteurs/ex-cons/pot-heads/untrained monkeys! Shocking! But of course it's not our fault because we contract that out to_________. Keep buying our stock, America!"

We've been using "third party contractors" in war for years now. IN WAR! Where's the outrage there?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM

You have already read mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies