Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,181,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How do you know the stimulus didn't work? Without it the country would be worse off than in 1932.
Prove it....oh you cannot...just more leftist crap...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,724,639 times
Back in February 2009, the Obama Administration promised the American public that after their nearly trillion dollar stimulus took effect, the unemployment rate would drop down to 5.2% at the end of his first term.

Today it’s over 8%

The White House's famous graph projecting with and without the stimulus:

Obama tried to convince America that they could spend their way out of recession.

What idiots.

The Wall Street Journal reported:
The famed Rosy Scenario, coined in the early days of the Reagan White House when large tax cuts and higher defense spending were assumed to be paid for in part by strong economic growth, is a cornerstone of the Obama administration’s first multiyear budget.

After contracting at a 1.2% rate in 2009, a more modest drop than the Congressional Budget Office and Blue Chip Consensus forecasts assume, the White House sees growth domestic product growth snapping back by 3.2% next year and then 4% or higher the three years after that.

The unemployment rate at the end of President Barack Obama‘s term in 2013 will be just 5.2%, according to the White House. The rate currently sits at 7.6%, and many economists expect it to climb past 9% before the recession ends. A report Thursday showing jobless claims at a 26-year high supports the more pessimistic forecasts, at least in the short run.
If Obama was working in the private sector he would have been canned a long time ago.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:48 AM

Notice from my post above....If we passed the Stimulus Obama promised:

1) 5.2% Unemployment - it's over 8%
2) The GDP would be 3.2% - it's at 1.3%

Instead of improvement, things have actually gotten worse, not better.

Yes, the $1 Trillion dollar Stimulus was a complete and utter failure.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,295,080 times
1 REASON THAT stimulus MONEY WAS WASTED WAS PEOPLE LIKE SENATOR Claire McCaskill of Missouri and her husband took $40 million of it for thier own businesses, (his family owns alot of senior homes & hud apartments) for work that was never done, and now she says oh, thye voted on it based on going thru it " LINE BY LINE". Guess she never wanted us, the voters to see it line by line either!!! That is 1 reason why she will lose to Todd Akin

Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,846,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
No...I don't remember that one. I remember the stimulus that probably kept the economy from collapsing.
Me too. I agree with the above. I know in my area we got a lot of construction via the stimulus that did put people to work. I actually received the position I have now (I had a different title and have since been promoted) due to stimulus money. I wish they had passed the Jobs Bill our company would be making a killing with that money and putting lots of money back into the community and contracting with various companies and individuals who woule have also been making money and putting it back into the economy via spending.

People who refuse to agree with leading economist that the stimulus did keep our economy from collasping are kidding themselves.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:53 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,260,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Prove it....oh you cannot...just more leftist crap...
Open your eyes or straighten your Tinfoil and just look around you. Our economy didn't collapse. We were very close. Read Bob Woodard's book and he talks quite a bit as to how bad it was and The Obama team said nothing and just went to work and saved us from what the REPUBLICANS DID!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,260,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
You mean the two wars that DEMOCRATS voted overwhelmingly in favor of?
Ah yes the paid troll again. I was for those wars as well. I trusted what Bush,Cheney and Rummy told us. We sure fell for it didn't we?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Open your eyes or straighten your Tinfoil and just look around you. Our economy didn't collapse. We were very close. Read Bob Woodard's book and he talks quite a bit as to how bad it was and The Obama team said nothing and just went to work and saved us from what the REPUBLICANS DID!

Who said anything about the economy collapsing, prove the economy was going to collapse?

Just like the auto industry, Ford did just fine without the help of the government.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Ah yes the paid troll again. I was for those wars as well. I trusted what Bush,Cheney and Rummy told us. We sure fell for it didn't we?

Try educating yourself for a change.....

Google "Robb-Silberman Report".

No manipulation of intelligence....PERIOD.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss....so you must be a very happy person!:

Obama's Re-Election Case Rests On 5 Phony Claims

Things were terrible when I arrived, he says, thanks to Bush-era policies of tax cuts and deregulation. We stopped the decline, but the ditch was so deep that it will take time to get out. Still, we are making progress, even if it isn't as fast as everyone would like.

So the last thing we want to do is return to the failed Bush policies that, he says, drove us into the ditch.

But each part of Obama's argument is based on claims that are not accurate:

1) Bush tax cuts and deregulation caused the recession.

2) I stopped a second Great Depression.

3) My policies are working.

4) A slow recovery was inevitable.

5) Nobody could have done any better.

--------------------

Because of C-D's copyright rules, I cannot post the debunking of each of those 5 falsehoods above.

I advise you to follow the link and see for yourself that every single one of them is easily debunked and THOROUGHLY debunked.

There's even a graph to help the Liberal's understand:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies