Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I did not say he said it in those words, i said it was the "theme" to his speech, because it was his overarching message to that audience.
The overarching theme of the speech was about poverty and what could be done to combat poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Well CNN is already blasting the release. Basically calling BS on the claim it wasn't released before.

If people watch crap like this and are swayed, they shouldn't really be voting now should they?

Conservative media coordinates on release of old Obama video – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Anyone who would be swayed by the use of this video to race-bait probably wasn't going to vote for Obama anyway. The more likely outcome is that these tactics will sway independents away from Romney out of disgust for these tactics.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He blamed the riots on lots of things, including slavery:

"Much of what we saw on our television screens 15 years ago was Los Angeles expressing a lingering, ongoing, pervasive legacy-a tragic legacy out of the tragic history this country has never fully come to terms with."
The statements surrounding that statement all had to do with the loss of hope from those stuck in generational poverty. Obviously there are likely multiple factors for an individuals situation, certainly the legacy of racism is a factor, but the factors he detailed all had to do with poverty. He did not specifically raise a race issue.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Well CNN is already blasting the release. Basically calling BS on the claim it wasn't released before.

If people watch crap like this and are swayed, they shouldn't really be voting now should they?

Conservative media coordinates on release of old Obama video – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
I agree, but I have to also disagree too. The song does fit; "If you don't know me by now, you will never, never , never know me." After almost four years of this president's policies being in place, some people voted for 0bama, are finally, slowly waking up out of their haze, and are just now starting to pay attention to the politics and the reality of what our economy has become.

These old videos are only new to some people because the liberal "we need to do all we can to elect Obama" media refused to even entertain the notion of vetting this guy before the election. Anything that might make their messiah look poorly was ignored, shredded, heckled and buried.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The overarching theme of the speech was about poverty and what could be done to combat poverty.
Wrong, he was race baiting, pandering, lying and community organizing to rile up the masses. you don't think there were poor who suffered from hurricane Andrew? The theme surrounding Katrina, by the race baiters, was the Bush did not care about blacks. you have got to be ignorant not to have heard all of them, and 0bama is using the same race bait rhetoric.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here's the video you well be trying to raise a stink about hoping to revive Romney.

Looking forward to all your ominous predictions of Obama's demise.

Is This the "Bombshell" Obama Video?
Thanks for providing the link ... that video was awesome!

Watching it made me even MORE PROUD that Obama is our President!

I love the way he inspires people.

Obama is an incredible man, and I think we are extremely fortunate that he dedicates his life to public service!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I've been watching Fox News this morning and they are pushing pretty hard with out of context quotes from the speech. Particularly the Federal response to Katrina.
Ah.... sort of like the peanut-throwing incident at the RNC in which no direct racist remarks were ever used, yet most of the media pounced on that as conclusively racist....

Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Thanks for providing the link ... that video was awesome!

Watching it made me even MORE PROUD that Obama is our President!

I love the way he inspires people.

Obama is an incredible man, and I think we are extremely fortunate that he dedicates his life to public service!
. . . gag . . . Practice safe brown-nosing and put a condom on that nose.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:19 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Do you make this stuff up all by yourself or do you get help?
No, it is quotes from the Cone the founder of Black Liberation Theology who Reverend Wright is a follower of Cone. I don't have to make anything up.. It is free to read about Black Liberation Theology.. Cone explains it on this video. he explains that the anti-Christ white people lynched Jesus who was black.

A Conversation with James Cone - YouTube

Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Wrong, he was race baiting, pandering, lying and community organizing to rile up the masses. you don't think there were poor who suffered from hurricane Andrew? The theme surrounding Katrina, by the race baiters, was the Bush did not care about blacks. you have got to be ignorant not to have heard all of them, and 0bama is using the same race bait rhetoric.
Obama speaking about Katrina in the speech:

“Look at what happened in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast when Katrina hit. People ask me whether I thought race was the reason the response was so slow. I said, ‘No. This Administration was colorblind in its incompetence.’ But everyone here knows the disaster and the poverty happened long before that hurricane hit. All the hurricane did was make bare what we ignore each and every day which is that there are whole sets of communities that are impoverished, that don’t have meaningful opportunity, that don’t have hope and they are forgotten. This disaster was a powerful metaphor for what’s gone on for generations.”

In Hampton University Speech, Obama Said Government Incompetence Was “Colorblind” « Alan Colmes' Liberaland

In the Daily Caller version of the complete speech it occurs around the 9:50 mark. I include this because Megyn Kelly on Fox News said Obama didn't say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies