Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM

380 posts, read 376,803 times

Advertisements

Racial profiling is wrong whatever the race of the person is. So is race baiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
In other words, this thread is trying to make something out of nothing.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
His mindset is just as extreme today, if not more so, than it was in 2007, or 1997 or 1987.

He's the most radical, inept and ultra-extreme President we've ever had, and unquestionably the worst, surpassing Carter, which I thought was impossible.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
His mindset is just as extreme today, if not more so, than it was in 2007, or 1997 or 1987.

He's the most radical, inept and ultra-extreme President we've ever had, and unquestionably the worst, surpassing Carter, which I thought was impossible.
Anyone can throw insults around, but what, exactly, did Pres. Obama do that you right-wingers consider "radical?" What are examples about Pres. Obama that you consider "ultra-extreme?" How has he been "inept?"

Last edited by MTAtech; 10-03-2012 at 05:17 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 10:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Are the only poor people in New Orleans black? Was it only black people suffering in New Orleans? Obama did not limit his assessment to black people.
Lets get back to the fact that Obama talking to a very predominantly black audience said that one word, God, more times in that speech than in all those he has issued since that day. I keep wondering why he shifted into what he thought was black speech and said God so many times. Oh yeah, the audience was largely Christian ministers.

Did you manage to see any of the people in the Super Dome that were hauled there after Mayor Nagins failed to evacuate them as his plan called for? Darned few white people there.

How about all the money he kept talking about that went to the three catastrophe sites? Is there a chance that maybe New Orleans got more than twice as much as the other two combined with very few deaths by comparison.

I don't think you have yet viewed that video that CNN seemed to accidentally find that they had in their clutches and had never considered it newsworthy.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Lets get back to the fact that Obama talking to a very predominantly black audience said that one word, God, more times in that speech than in all those he has issued since that day. I keep wondering why he shifted into what he thought was black speech and said God so many times. Oh yeah, the audience was largely Christian ministers.

Did you manage to see any of the people in the Super Dome that were hauled there after Mayor Nagins failed to evacuate them as his plan called for? Darned few white people there.

How about all the money he kept talking about that went to the three catastrophe sites? Is there a chance that maybe New Orleans got more than twice as much as the other two combined with very few deaths by comparison.

I don't think you have yet viewed that video that CNN seemed to accidentally find that they had in their clutches and had never considered it newsworthy.
If you want me to view or comment on a video you will have to be more specific. I've watched the whole Hampton University speech as posted at the Daily Caller.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Obama used the word God. But then I've listened to me talk to religious audiences previously. There is his "Call to Renewal" speech in 2006 and his reprised version of that speech at the General Synod of the UCC in June of 2007, just after the Hampton speech. Barack Obama addresses General Synod 26 in Hartford on Vimeo Its complete with call outs to Rev. Wright.

I really not care about what the percentages or racial groups suffered through Katrina. In Obama's speech at Hampton, Obama didn't single out a particular group and said he didn't think the Federal response was based on race.

Personally, I'm not that interested in debating the numbers on the Katrina response. The destruction in New Orleans alone would make it one of the largest natural disasters the U.S. has ever experienced. However, the devastation was more than just New Orleans, it was regional. So first we would need to see where the relief dollars went, then we would have to analyze the size of the response compared to the impact of the destruction. I'm not sure measuring the size of the crisis based on the number of deaths is a good scale.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
white Southern culture. ie NASCAR
...the most popular spectator sport in the world.

I'm not a nascar fan, or a racing fan at all, really, but you guys pushing your stereotypes are absolutely laughable.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Anyone can throw insults around, but what, exactly, did Pres. Obama do that you right-wingers consider "radical?" What are examples about Pres. Obama that you consider "ultra-extreme?" How has he been "inept?"

Exactly. Nothing radical at all the past four years. Implementation of a Republican crafted healthcare plan?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Default Obama Busted For Lying In 2007 Race Baiting Video

In the 2007 Obama Race Baiting video recently released, he talks about the supposed racism shown when it took a certain amount of time for Stafford Act funds to be released to New Orleans following Katrina.

He hammers the white, wealthy, Republicans for this supposed neglect in caring about the Blacks in New Orleans.

But in reality, when he made those statements, he KNEW that the Stafford Act had already been voted on weeks before and that the funds were being released.

The real kicker though is that while he railed against Republicans for not getting the money to New Orleans, he actually voted NO to waiving the Stafford Act for New Orleans. He was one of only 14 people (all Democrats) in Congress to vote AGAINST it.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
His radical positions regarding healthcare, foreign relations, energy policies and too many others to mention have all been soundly rejected by the American public, and yet he still continues to push around failed policies, and doubling down on some others, such as still pushing subprime loans as IBD reportedly recently.

I guess he and his party weren't satisfied with demolishing our economy and torpedoing the housing market once; they're going for an encore, which makes zero sense.

Mandating that Catholic women violate their principles in order to adhere to his extremely radical birth conrol policy also comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies