Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Soul searching? For what? The writing is on the wall Cobb. Did you even read my post? Do you even look around past the rhetoric that is layed out for you every day? The world is in a fiscal decline never seen before. On the brink so to say. Collapse is imminent. Like I said it doesn't really matter who is elected but we know what Obama has done which is make it worse. Spain is about to go down next. The banks have stolen about all they can and the fuggers at the top have all jumped ship and are laughing right now. You keep dreaming your "build the future together" nonsense. You better start worrying about taking care of you and yours because that time is coming. I didn't think it would happen this quick but it sure as hell is. Good luck cause a lot are gonna need it when the sheet hits the fan and doomsday starts Jan 1st when folks unemployment runs out the payroll tax holiday ends and the last smack across whats left of our economy is unleashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 12:27 AM

376 posts, read 652,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Once Obama wins a second term in another near landslide election, will the GOP finally accept the legitimacy of his presidency? Or will they waste the next four years screaming absurdities like "dictator" and "communist"?

Probably about equal to the level of acceptance of liberals when Romney wins in a landslide.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Probably about equal to the level of acceptance of liberals when Romney wins in a landslide.
Romney in a landslide? lololol... dream on. If Romney wins, this liberal will accept him as the legitimate president of the U.S. I had my doubts about Bush's legitmacy because of the dubious way he became president after the 2000 election, but I conceded he was the rightful leader after the 2004 election.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
The president is the president of the united states. If you are a citizen, then that means you. I couldn't stand bush, but he was still my president, and such poisonous thinking as yours really has no place in any country that hopes to be unified.

And they call us liberals unpatriotic.
Atlas Shrugs...

Old 10-03-2012, 12:55 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeconomist View Post
Take a step back from the party line. Can you articulate how, specifically, President Obama has tried to make the US a second rate country? Which begs the question, second rate vs. whom? We're only second in GDP to the EU, which isn't a country.

How about this: tell me how Obama has sought to abandon the Constitution.

Lastly, explain in what ways the US is a welfare state. The global economy is in awful shape and we've been lucky to have a safety net in place. That we have a safety net at all does not, necessarily, make the US a welfare state.

I would appreciate a thoughtful rebuttal.

That is wishful thinking

Old 10-03-2012, 12:58 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Hmmm, maybe then he will let the rest of the country know what are the details of his tax plan, how is he going to replace the healthcare law, his actual foriegn policy and <gasp> maybe even his tax returns for the past 10 years

Old 10-03-2012, 01:05 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Romney in a landslide? lololol... dream on. If Romney wins, this liberal will accept him as the legitimate president of the U.S. I had my doubts about Bush's legitmacy because of the dubious way he became president after the 2000 election, but I conceded he was the rightful leader after the 2004 election.
There was no dubious way Bush became president. If anything was dubious, it was Gore who tried to change the rules after an election (extending the certification, for one; and the endless hand recounts, for another).

Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Once Obama wins a second term in another near landslide election, will the GOP finally accept the legitimacy of his presidency? Or will they waste the next four years screaming absurdities like "dictator" and "communist"?
They will keep screaming "dictator", because they believe that is what they were elected to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies