Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
So slavery is the reason why a big majority of African Americans have poor money management skills?
Actually, it does have some validity. As was mentioned before whites had a 200 year head start and blacks were stumbling out of the blocks with limited education and employment opportunities that paid enough to invest which the majority of them did not know anything about.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
The problem is not that poor people want nice things. The problem is that people on food stamps and other government aid buy really nice things. I know a couple who gets most of their rent paid for, they get food stamps and they have 4 kids. Every year during tax times they receive 5000 dollars back or more. I am not sure how because she is not working and he makes slightly over minimum wage. Anyways, of the 5 grand all of it goes to stuff. Nice 48 inch tv, surround sound system, furniture's, smart phones. Nothing goes to savings or some other logical ways to use the money when you are dirt poor. I have known this family for a few years and every year the same story. They are white by the way.
How dare those darn poor people try to live as comfortable as the people that they see on television that relishes in reminding them that they are poor

Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
What black people really need is a white adviser who can direct every purchase the black person makes in the most "useful" manner. It could be like a Big Brothers/Big Sisters for African-Americans who just don't know the proper way of spending their own money.
If a black person gets the desire to buy a new iPhone or some Air Jordans, they can call up their white adviser who can then talk them "off the cliff". I can see it now...

Black person (on cheap cell phone with white adviser): "I...I...jus' don' no..." Pause for sniffles. "...thems sneakers lookin' mighty fine, mmm-hmmm..."
White adviser: "Step back, now. Walk away from the Nike store. Have you done so?"
Black person: "Yessum...I..."
White adviser: "Good, good. Now go find the used Smart car I advised you to purchase. Found it?"
Black person: "Ahs jeez, I sure is lucky that you..."
White adviser: "Whatever. Now, get in the car and drive to Home Depot. Can you find Home Depot?"
Black person: "Um...I's thinkin' so...but I already got dat floorin' lass week...'member?"
White adviser: "Oh, you're so silly. We're going to get you a niiiice new faucet. A nice faucet is a better investment than shoes, isn't it? ISN'T IT?!"
Black person: "Yessum, I 'pose so..."

I find your apparent ignorance of a typical black person's linguistic ability quite insulting. Why in the hell would I want some white person telling me what I should buy anyway, don't they do enough of that through the media? Whenever a new iphone comes out who do you mostly see inline, considering these are the same people who had bought the previous model less than a year ago. this hold true with the ipad as well.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I find your apparent ignorance of a typical black person's linguistic ability quite insulting. Why in the hell would I want some white person telling me what I should buy anyway, don't they do enough of that through the media? Whenever a new iphone comes out who do you mostly see inline, considering these are the same people who had bought the previous model less than a year ago. this hold true with the ipad as well.
Seriously?
Not only do you lack critical reading skills, but you also have a serious sense of humor deficiency. It was meant to be satire, as many others managed to understand.
Re-read it

Oh, and--not that it really matters--I'm half-black, so you can save your righteous indignation.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Actually, it does have some validity. As was mentioned before whites had a 200 year head start and blacks were stumbling out of the blocks with limited education and employment opportunities that paid enough to invest which the majority of them did not know anything about.
People are clueless if they don't know the first token to become rich is to choose the right parents.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Seriously?
Not only do you lack critical reading skills, but you also have a serious sense of humor deficiency. It was meant to be satire, as many others managed to understand.
Re-read it

What it was mean't to be verses what it actually was apparently are two different things. Would you go to a black forum and talk like that? Do you think that they would laugh at your buffoonary? Here is a hint: No one wants to be considered as being ignorant, especially considering when you are dealing with some of the ignorant racist that frequent this forum.

Oh, and--not that it really matters--I'm half-black, so you can save your righteous indignation.

So what? all that means is that you are a halfazz instead of a whole one.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,948 times
Quote:
So what? all that means is that you are a halfazz instead of a whole one.
Wow, what a witty rejoinder. That is just comedic genius. I mean, how you even misspelled (presumably misspelled) "a**"? Who thinks of that? Do you have a writer or something?!
It will certainly take me a long time to recover from that lambasting.
Well-met, good sir/madam, well-met.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
What the hell is a typical black person?

I found the post funny. But then again I do have a sense of humor so that probably helped.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Ok so what's their excuse now in 2012?
Have you heard of transfer of wealth?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
What the hell is a typical black person?

I found the post funny. But then again I do have a sense of humor so that probably helped.
The "typical black person" does not talk like that and since you act like you did'nt know that, I guess to you it would be considered to be funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies