Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
My health insurance policy for just me is going up 21% next year for the same plan benefits. Seems like a HUGE jump. I am suspicious that I am financing those 12 million new recipients that Obama care "signed" up. Anyone else suffer a big increase in plan costs?
Nope, I'd call BS on your claim in most cases. Based on the FACT that Obamacare requires insurance companies to spend most of the premiums on health care services. Many insurance companies are paying rebates for not meeting those standards. My premium had gone up every year for as long as I as remember. This year there was no increase at all.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great-

We, as physicians, will just drop medicare. We cannot be compelled to see any group of patients against our will.
When i studied medicine, the Hippocratic oath meant something..... obviously not for you.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:24 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Obama cut wasteful spending from medicare plain & simple
Was wasteful spending paying for home health care so that some of the ederly and disabled did not have to move to nursing homes? As that was one of his big cuts.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Was wasteful spending paying for home health care so that some of the ederly and disabled did not have to move to nursing homes? As that was one of his big cuts.
Link?

Once you find your link I think you'll discover that the $66 billion in "cuts" you're imaging is actually $66 billion in reductions in schedule increases in home health care funding. Funding will still grow, but not as fast as they were growing. Good, right? Smaller government, right?

Last edited by buzzards27; 10-23-2012 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-30-2012, 11:32 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default FACT or Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Nope, I'd call BS on your claim in most cases. Based on the FACT that Obamacare requires insurance companies to spend most of the premiums on health care services. Many insurance companies are paying rebates for not meeting those standards. My premium had gone up every year for as long as I as remember. This year there was no increase at all.

I want to believe you but I did work in the health care sector. The most highly paid executives work for insurance companies. Big salaries and great perks. Cash is disappearing into administrative costs as received and to maintain relationships.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
obama stole billions from medicare to fund obamacare now he wants to cut another $250 billion

meeting on Medicare that he had with Harry Reid and then the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. He's saying we've got to cut Medicare. We've got to be responsible. Democrats are saying, "No, we can't do that. And now the president, after telling Boehner he would do that, is going out on the campaign trail saying those bad Republicans want to cut Medicare.

By the way, this isn't about this election. This is about what happens after this election. How does this president after saying to the Republicans, “I'm going to cut Medicare,” which, again, is a responsible thing to do, the only thing you can do if you want to save the program, how can this president then get re-elected and go back to Boehner and go, “You know what, I said I'd cut Medicare, and then I demagogued it and attacked you guys in the campaign, but now let’s do a Medicare deal?”

Bob Woodward: 'Obama Is Proposing Cutting Medicare' | NewsBusters.org
Nobody labeling self as fiscal conservative should utter a word about free money for medicare. Should the government spend even a penny more than it gets in taxes for Medicare? Tell me.

As for the babbling itself, it is designed for fools who will buy it at face value, or at least hope that there are enough elderly who can't think better and vote accordingly.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
The OP is spreading a lie. Just as Poltifact explains here

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...istory-rob-me/

Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM

313 posts, read 324,719 times
I can't wait till the day when i need a hip replacement and Obama's death panel tells me at my age it does not make financial since at this time in my life when a bottle of pills will take the pain away. If Obama care was a good thing, the President and the Senate and Congress would be on the same plan as us little people. Vote for Romney he will dump Obamacare.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:55 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
^^^ More Faux Snooze and Rush trash

Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
I can't wait till the day when i need a hip replacement and Obama's death panel tells me at my age it does not make financial since at this time in my life when a bottle of pills will take the pain away. If Obama care was a good thing, the President and the Senate and Congress would be on the same plan as us little people. Vote for Romney he will dump Obamacare.
Problem is he says he'll 'replace' it. I don't want it replaced. I want it gone. I want the free market to work. What I really want is to go back to pre-insurance days. Pay as you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies